Adams Speedline Fast 12 Driver & Fairway Wood

what flex did you hit?

Stiff, my driver SS is 102-105 max so I'm border line X, but I err on the side of more flex. I saw a very nice mid-high trajectory with the Fast 12, but obviously it was just a sim. As a point of reference, I was balooning my FL w/ C.Kua in stiff recently, due to some swing improvements.

very cool....I'm testing the same specs that you hit and have the same SS as you do so your initial feedback intrigues me. thanks!

Stiff, my driver SS is 102-105 max so I'm border line X, but I err on the side of more flex. I saw a very nice mid-high trajectory with the Fast 12, but obviously it was just a sim. As a point of reference, I was balooning my FL w/ C.Kua in stiff recently, due to some swing improvements.

I hit this driver today after my first swing I said no way was this going to work. But after a few practice swings I started to get in a groove. I was nailing it center mass on the club head and getting some good distance. I thought the silver color head was strange but quickly warmed up to it. The shaft was 55 grams and the coating on it was rough. The guy at EW said it should help prevent cuffs. The markings on back of club head were not distracting. I liked the club and will be comparing it with the Cally Fit and RBZ in the next few weeks so I can make a final decision on a new driver. Really looking forward to the review here because I had never considered an Adams driver before today.

TapAhoy!

Hit the Fast 12 Driver. The Tour head was 8.5 Smaller CC than Standard Head. Tour Head sits a little open. The shaft on the tour head was at least an inch shorter than the standard head. The over all weight of the tour head was heaver than the standard. The crown is deep. The Fast 12 Standard was 9.5 Big head. Face looked square to slightly closed. 45 incher for sure. I did not measure either. Very light Head. Lower Profile than the Tour. The Gray ruff finish is different. Nice golf club. Good Feel. Sound is hard to tell when hitting indoor. They all sound like shot guns being fired. While the Adams rep was at the store, he brought in the rest of his line. The new CB3's look sweet, as well as the new hybrids. The fairway woods sit great. Adams Golf club design technology is state of the art. So good Taylor Made is kind of copying them.

While walking through Golf Town today I passed the repair shop which is next to the sims. I saw a rather good-sized head sitting there. It was the Fast 12 driver. The thing looks freaking mean. It was shafted with a Project X. Had I had more time I would've hit it but I like the looks of the silverish crown and black face. Will go back tomorrow and give it a whirl if I get a chance. My wife saw me holding it and gave me "the look".

Alex

The DSG guy let me hit this today and I loved it. Didn't get to hit it in the sim, but the look is awesome and the feel is fantastic. I now need/want to hit this outdoors to see ball flight/distance.

I didn't think I would ever cheat on my 9064LS but this has me considering so far.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Hit the Fast 12 Driver. The Tour head was 8.5 Smaller CC than Standard Head. Tour Head sits a little open. The shaft on the tour head was at least an inch shorter than the standard head. The over all weight of the tour head was heaver than the standard. The crown is deep. The Fast 12 Standard was 9.5 Big head. Face looked square to slightly closed. 45 incher for sure. I did not measure either. Very light Head. Lower Profile than the Tour. The Gray ruff finish is different. Nice golf club. Good Feel. Sound is hard to tell when hitting indoor. They all sound like shot guns being fired. While the Adams rep was at the store, he brought in the rest of his line. The new CB3's look sweet, as well as the new hybrids. The fairway woods sit great. Adams Golf club design technology is state of the art. So good Taylor Made is kind of copying them.

I didn't know there was a tour head. I knew that hte adjustable model was shorter. I know that the standard Fast 12 is 46" and the adjustable can go from 45" to 45.5".

Hit the Fast 12 3w I'm testing Friday night with fellow THP member Buckjob as well and this club has my attention. Granted it was indoor testing only but man doe this club sound and feel awesome. The look of the slot tech takes a little bit to get used to but it sure is a handy alignment aid. Adams has gone with a grey color scheme as well that's accented by a black shaft which looks very nice at address. The sound at impact is like a 'crack' or a 'snap' which sounds completlely different from anything I've hit. This also has a smaller profile which is nice for me and the best part was that every shot I hit with it was dead center so I got to really feel and hear how this club responds to that.

Nice, Hanks! I want to hit that fairway.

Stopped off and hit the 3w today. I thought it was really solid. The club is very attractive looking IMO. The slot is noticeable at first but this fades. It sets up easily and the weighting is good. I didn't see any major gains in distance maybe 5-10 yards at most on the sim. I did hit it very consistently and would happily game this thing on a regular basis.

Tapatalk

Adams is really becoming a favorite of mine with the new stuff they are bringing. I will be hitting a lot of their offerings at the 2012 outing.

I got to hit these against the RBZ FW yesterday and came away very impressed. The 3-metal was just as long as the RBZ and a little more accurate for me.

I hit the 3wood today. I was really impressed. With every bit of showiness in the RBZ, the Fast 12 was understated. I thought that the distance was very nice as well.

I thought the 3 wood was awesome today as well.

I hit the 3wood today. I was really impressed. With every bit of showiness in the RBZ, the Fast 12 was understated. I thought that the distance was very nice as well.

I thought the 3 wood was awesome today as well.

As clean as the RBZ's head looks, having the RBZ logo in bright green letters down the middle of the shaft is really off putting to me. The Fast 12 just looked cleaner to me.

I was at the golf shop today and luckily they had a 3wood Fast 12 in stock. I took quite a few swings with it. I didn't get it on the Vector or anything but hit quite a few balls with it. I was quite impressed to be honest. It really feels light in your hands. I also think it looks pretty dang badass. The velocity slot thing really worked well as an alignment aid. I would actually like to put it up against the RBZ 3wood and see what happens. I think this year is an awesome year if you're a 3wood ho like myself.

So I hit the driver on the range today to warm up with and I really want to like it. However I struggled with it quite a bit. The part that is getting me is I like the shaft quite a bit, but the head feels and sounds funny to me. I also dont care for the lines on it, but that is personal preference of course. Its a good piece of technology, but with so many options out there and so many drivers coming with truly outstanding shaft options, I find it fairly forgettable.

I will be back out there this weekend with it and 2 other drivers on the launch monitor to find out what is going on, because it was not for me after one round on the range. However that can certainly change with time and I hope it does.

interesting...I would love to hear the sound at impact

If the weather cooperates, I will put the mic down and record it for you.

I would really like to hit the driver outdoors, or at least with a launch monitor. I hit it in a simulator last week, and I was really impressed by the swing speeds I was able to generate. I don't put too much stock in the simulator numbers, but where most of the drivers I tried produced club head speeds of around 96 -98 mph, the Adams was in the 102-103 range, with comparable distance gains over the other clubs.

I agree that it looks and sounds a little funny. Also, it had kind of a dead feel. I could learn to put up with that for an extra 10-12 yards off the tee, though.

The 3 wood performed well for me, but I didn't notice dramatic distance gains. 3-4 yards, if any. But I was able to hit it perfectly straight, at least once I switched to the draw biased version.

I would definitely demo these clubs at a range.

It's a higher pitched note. That's the best way I can describe it.

The feel is stouter. I don't get the feeling of compression that I got from the R11s or the VR_S. But I could still tell where I hit the ball.

So I hit the driver on the range today to warm up with and I really want to like it. However I struggled with it quite a bit. The part that is getting me is I like the shaft quite a bit, but the head feels and sounds funny to me. I also dont care for the lines on it, but that is personal preference of course. Its a good piece of technology, but with so many options out there and so many drivers coming with truly outstanding shaft options, I find it fairly forgettable.

I will be back out there this weekend with it and 2 other drivers on the launch monitor to find out what is going on, because it was not for me after one round on the range. However that can certainly change with time and I hope it does.

Went out today, but unfortunately due to a slight tweak of an old injury, was only able to hit 9 balls with this driver and 6 with the Bridgestone J40. The J40 has the PX 6.0 in it and was on average about 7.4 yards further (based on VectorX launch monitor) than the Fast 12. However to be fair, I hit the Fast 12 first and then the J40 and it could have just been a warm up thing.

I am planning on going out there Tuesday and trying this again to get some solid numbers between this and a few others for everybody. Granted its only one golfer, but over the next few weeks, we are going to be able to have 14 guys try these out and get numbers on everybody.

I was at the golf shop today and luckily they had a 3wood Fast 12 in stock. I took quite a few swings with it. I didn't get it on the Vector or anything but hit quite a few balls with it. I was quite impressed to be honest. It really feels light in your hands. I also think it looks pretty dang badass. The velocity slot thing really worked well as an alignment aid. I would actually like to put it up against the RBZ 3wood and see what happens. I think this year is an awesome year if you're a 3wood ho like myself.

Your thoughts are the same as mine towards this stick dude. Isn't the sound like a 'snap' from the velocity slot? Truly unique

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Your thoughts are the same as mine towards this stick dude. Isn't the sound like a 'snap' from the velocity slot? Truly unique

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

It is unique. I dont like or dislike it, but its different and something you definitely have to get used to.

Put the RBz and f12 fairway head to head. Was hoping the f12 won but it wasn't close . Going tomorrow to hit the f12 driver

Back