THP 2012 New Year's Resolutions

Goal is to break 90 consistantly. Been hovering at 95 for the last 2 yrs because I have not taken it serious or put the time into my game. have to get out there more playing and hitting the range.

This week has been a success.

Worked out all 5 days and no alcohol consumed after work.

Yesterday was chest & cardio (feeling the chest this morning) and today was back/tripceps/abs.

Love working out again and furious with myself for stopping midway through last year after experiencing a back injury.

Yesterday was chest & cardio (feeling the chest this morning) and today was back/tripceps/abs.

Love working out again and furious with myself for stopping midway through last year after experiencing a back injury.

That's some good stuff Cookie!!! Use it as motivation brohammer. You got this!

Congrats dude, good job! I have felt great all week with my workouts and riding. Just hope I can keep this motivation up though.

Congrats dude, good job! I have felt great all week with my workouts and riding. Just hope I can keep this motivation up though.

Thanks and we can! Just have to use a thread like this to hold yourself accountable. Hell, I will call you out and hold you accountable. :D

Thanks and we can! Just have to use a thread like this to hold yourself accountable. Hell, I will call you out and hold you accountable. :D
Hah! Can always count on ya! My wife is pushing me too, she knows how bad I want to do the 100 mile ride, but we know how much work it will take to be able to do so.

Another several days of sticking to the plan.

- Worked out all 5 days last week
- Bonus workout yesterday
- Ate according to plan
- Golfed on Saturday - trying to use better course management to achieve the handicap goal
- Workout for today is done

Today started a new workout plan for me as my friend and fellow Team Hackers member, dhjkelly, works at a gym and wrote up a great new routine for me to follow. Today was tough but already looking forward to tomorrow.

Last Sunday night, I weighed in at 148.8 and this morning was 147.0. So, not seeing any weight gains yet but attributing some of that to fat loss from the workouts. Also, I just have to make myself eat more!!

I never made ONE New Years Resolution and I am sticking to it. Feels great, I havent let myself down yet.

Lol I think I've already broke most of mine. I blame it on others.

dude if you get #4 squared away early I bet the rest falls into line quick.

I've been really thinking about this. I usually don't hold much to New Years resolutions because I used to feel like, why wait until Jan 1st? But, last year had some fantastic moments and also probably some of my lowest. It became ultra clear to me that I wasn't taking an honest look at myself and kinda just glossing over things. here is my list.

1. be the best golfer I can for the Morgan Cup. But have fun while getting there.
2. Stop overthinking on the course and off. Do what feels right, so at least I can say I did.
3. Make the gym/exercise a part of my life rather than something I have to do.
4. Make my career, Im learning its not too late to do what makes me happy.
5. Don't live with the intention of doing it tomorrow.
6. Seize the moment and cherish it. I'm in a rough spot with something and almost feel like I've wasted opportunities... I hope I haven't and just have to keep on with the new line of thinking. Need to stay stronger.
7. Be more open.

Whew... its a lot but I've generally been a pretty closed off person. I've always felt THP is a home for me and what better people to help keep me upright than everyone here?? Some of my best friends and brothers reside here. I want to be a better person and golfer. I truly feel like I have a fresh start this year.

I've not really made a resolution, although I'm making an effort to be healthier and get in better shape for my wedding this year.

Golf wise, my resolutions are -

Maximize practice - practice with a purpose.
Hit more greens this year!
Improve. Get to the end of the year thinking that I'm a little better than I was at the start.

Most importantly - enjoy every minute I'm out on the course.

dude if you get #4 squared away early I bet the rest falls into line quick.

You're 100% right dude. I haven't had much time to look today but I'll be looking tonight.

Since most people's resolutions fail mine is to not have a resolution so if it fails maybe I'll accomplish something.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Work on my putting. Lose some weight. and get down to a solid 5 handicap.

You stole my putting resolution!

And we are getting you down to scratch son!

To not ruin my good driving tee shots with crappy approach shots. Boy, did I top alot of those in '11. With the new metal that I purchased, things should be better this coming season. Not to mention the new Miura 52 degree wedge I chose, that will be gamed when I get out in 3 more months. UUGGHH!! LOL
L8R

Just another update for accountability. Workouts are still going strong 5x/week and diet is dead on track. Still trying to gain weight. I have even thrown in a few bonus mini-workouts on the weekend just cause there's no reason not to (still getting plenty of rest for the muscles).

Week 1 - 148.8
Week 2 - 147.0
Week 3 - 150.8 (today's weigh in)

Already been increasing the weight in the workouts to ensure that I am hitting failure on reps 7/8 in the 2nd and 3rd sets.

Have not got in as much practice time as I would have liked but have already shot my low round of 79 for the year and nothing above an 83 yet this year. HC recently dropped from 11.3 to 11.0.

All numbers are headed in the right direction and I feel great. Also, no drinking during the week and I am not missing it!

Just another update for accountability. Workouts are still going strong 5x/week and diet is dead on track. Still trying to gain weight. I have even thrown in a few bonus mini-workouts on the weekend just cause there's no reason not to (still getting plenty of rest for the muscles).

Week 1 - 148.8
Week 2 - 147.0
Week 3 - 150.8 (today's weigh in)

Already been increasing the weight in the workouts to ensure that I am hitting failure on reps 7/8 in the 2nd and 3rd sets.

Have not got in as much practice time as I would have liked but have already shot my low round of 79 for the year and nothing above an 83 yet this year. HC recently dropped from 11.3 to 11.0.

All numbers are headed in the right direction and I feel great. Also, no drinking during the week and I am not missing it!
NIce Cookie, great job man. I like the idea of accountability.

I've started getting back into the gym after 2 years away and so far I am on track. I've had ZERO cola this year (Or for 6 months before that) and I'm still smoke free.

NIce Cookie, great job man. I like the idea of accountability.

I've started getting back into the gym after 2 years away and so far I am on track. I've had ZERO cola this year (Or for 6 months before that) and I'm still smoke free.

That's awesome dude, especially the smoking. So important and beneficial in many different ways.

Another update for accountability. Workouts are still going strong 5x/week and diet is dead on track. Still trying to gain weight.

Week 1 - 148.8
Week 2 - 147.0
Week 3 - 150.8
Week 4 - 152.2 (today's weigh in)

Continued increasing the weight in the workouts to ensure that I am hitting failure on reps 7/8 in the 2nd and 3rd sets.

Other great thing I have noticed is that the persistent back issues I have had over the last 6 months have drastically decreased with the working out. The core work and stretching is really paying off.

Another update for accountability. Workouts are still going strong 5x/week and diet is dead on track. Still trying to gain weight.

Week 1 - 148.8
Week 2 - 147.0
Week 3 - 150.8

Continued increasing the weight in the workouts to ensure that I am hitting failure on reps 7/8 in the 2nd and 3rd sets.

Other great thing I have noticed is that the persistent back issues I have had over the last 6 months have drastically decreased with the working out. The core work and stretching is really paying off.

Nice cookie, keep it up. I have some extra weight you can have!

Week 1 - 148.8
Week 2 - 147.0
Week 3 - 150.8

Great work Cookie! Seeing results like that does great stuff for motivation and staying on track.

I updated my golf blog http://dominationgolfers.blogspot.com today with exactly my 2012 Golf New Year Resolutions:
1. Get to 5 handicap
2. Shoot Even par one round this year
3. Win a golf tournament
4. Qualify for TGA Mid-amateur Championship and TGA Four-ball Championship

Another successful week down and things are progressing nicely!!

Week 1 - 148.8
Week 2 - 147.0
Week 3 - 150.8
Week 4 - 152.2
Week 5 - 154.4

How is everyone else doing with their resolutions? Almost one month down!

Another successful week down and things are progressing nicely!!

Week 1 - 148.8
Week 2 - 147.0
Week 3 - 150.8
Week 4 - 152.2
Week 5 - 154.4

How is everyone else doing with their resolutions? Almost one month down!

i forgot you were trying to gain some weight.... i was thinking Oh that sucks..... lol nice work Cookie... i am down 10 lbs eating much better even if i cheat a little more lately gonna get working on working out a little more and staying on track.... as for my game im seeing some improvement with my swing just need to keep plugging along with it. I think my short game will improve even more this year especially my putting so hopefully that helps keep my handicap close to where i was at the end of this year.

Back