besides clubs, what's in your bag?

2 boxes of ProV1s, hundreds of tees, 4 gloves, practice balls, utility tool, ball markers, towel, rain hood, external ball / tee bag, GPS, Rangefinder

A year or so ago, I bought a new bag as was switching everything over from the old one. I always throw my quarters in the bottom of my bag to use them to buy me something to drink on the course. I had just over $80 in quarters in there. Not sure how much they weighed but is was enough. I thought my bag was gaining weight for some reason....lol

Without counting everything, I have tees, about a dozen shag balls, and 6-9 'play serious' balls. There are 3-4 ball markers, 2 metal divot repair tools, and 1 plastic divot repair tool (with non-working compass, just in case I need to know which way north is on the golf course). 2-3 golf towels clipped on the outside, one towel stuffed in the bag, bag cover, 3 wearable golf gloves, one golf glove that I'm not sure why I still have. A 7 year old copy of the USGA rules of golf, and about 16 scorecards with notes about particular holes and distances written on it.

And when golfing, you never know what beverage may be in there.

~Rock

A year or so ago, I bought a new bag as was switching everything over from the old one. I always throw my quarters in the bottom of my bag to use them to buy me something to drink on the course. I had just over $80 in quarters in there. Not sure how much they weighed but is was enough. I thought my bag was gaining weight for some reason....lol

Haha love it

Interesting what can get lost in there, I switch out a cart bag with a carry bag and go back and forth between the two so my bags stay pretty clear of junk. Right now today in the carry bag I have a rules of golf 2011 edition from the USGA, two black sharpies, a red gel pen, chapstick, a cart towel, a large black Srixon logo golf towel, Cutter insect repellent spray, a baggie with kleenex in it (or is it toilet paper? I forget), a lightweight rain suit, roll of adhesive tape, a spike wrench, extra spikes, a club brush, a bag of tees, a padded nylon pouch with various green repair tools, a couple of poker chip ball markers, a quarter, a couple of cheapie plastic ball markers for the guy who doesn't have one, sunscreen, 1 extra glove, a sleeve of 3 new balls and 4 other used balls, a neo GPS, a V2 rangefinder, a bag of chips, 2 Nature Valley bars, bag of Planters peanuts, and a bottle of water. Always ready to play.

I'm not nearly as prepared as most of you.

Handful of golf balls
Assorted Tees
2 Wind Shirts
Rain Jacket
Regular Light Weight Jacket
Repair Tool
Ball markers
TM adjustment tool (no idea why)
Gloves 5, 2 In use 3 in packaging
Small bag of chewie candy (Diabetic)
Couple of pencils

In my bag other than clubs:

Drizzle Stick
Umbrella
3 gloves plus a pair of winter gloves
Jeremiah the Bullfrog tee's and balls
ball marker's and THP Divot tool.
spare change and driving range tokens
rain gear
extra spikes for my golf shoes and spike tool
ball retriever
various scorecards from different courses (i have a buddy who collects them, so I grab them when I can at places he hasn't played then give them to me, so until I see him they are in my bag)
Tin Cup ball marker with Red and Green Fine Point Sharpie's
Then when I add drinks before I play and maybe some peanut butter cracker's.

I think that's about it.

Windshirt, tees, poker chips, ball marks, sharpies, gloves, TM weights for driver, flask filled with bourbon, cigar cutter and lighter, bottle opener, Mio (recently), sun glasses and two towels

What do you keep in your bag?

What do you keep in your bag?

Getting my bag in order for the season, I'm wondering what everybody's must have tools are in the bag.. besides clubs, balls, and towels. This might be fun depending on where you're from..

My standard junk:

- 2-6 gloves
- 0-100 tees
- a couple divot tools
- a couple ball markers
- pen
- pencil
- marker
- rules book
- rain gloves
- rain suit (optional)
- windproof lighter
- pocket knife
- golfer's tape
- nu skin
- oil rag (putter)
- bug spray
- sun tan lotion
- warm up weight (have never used)
- flask of whiskey

Interesting topic... I travel light

3 gloves
~9 balls
15-20 tees
2 ball markers (half dollar 1976, quarter 1989)
1 divot tool from a course I used to work at
warm up weight
wind jacket
rain hood
silver sharpie for ball marking
red, blue, green, purple, black, brown fine tip for score keeping
waterbottle
trail mix
rule book
swingyde

Trail mix.. good call.

Getting my bag in order for the season, I'm wondering what everybody's must have tools are in the bag.. besides clubs, balls, and towels. This might be fun depending on where you're from..

My standard junk:

- 2-6 gloves
- 0-100 tees
- a couple divot tools
- a couple ball markers
- pen
- pencil
- marker
- rules book
- rain gloves
- rain suit (optional)
- windproof lighter
- pocket knife
- golfer's tape
- nu skin
- oil rag (putter)
- bug spray
- sun tan lotion
- warm up weight (have never used)
- flask of whiskey

Your last item may be my first!!!

Merged with another thread.

okay reading this made me decide to do the official transfer of my stuff from my Ogio bag to my new Callaway Morgan Cup Staff bag, that way I can do inventory and get rid of the clutter!

First off you guys that are saying "2 sleeves of balls" are WAY to good to play with me...hell I have had rounds where I wouldn't have made the turn with that many balls....LOL

Okay here is my list:

2 Sleeves of Callaway Hex Black Tour
3 Sleeves of Callaway Hex Chrome
8 assorted "in use" Callaway balls
3 Sleeves of Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow
2 Sleevers of Srixon QStars Yellow - Damn I got lots of balls!! (all were removed except the Callaway Balls)
3 Sharpies for marking above balls
Tin Cup Jolly Roger ball Marker
Approx 30 THP Epoch Tees
5 Hirzl Trust Control Gloves...3 in use and 2 still in packages
1 Masters Divot Repair tool and Ball Marker
Dallas Cowboys ball marker
1 GreenSaver Divot Repair tool
Small First Aid Kit with Band-aids, medical tap, ointments
Small bottle with Advil, Aleive, Zantac, and Benadryl
Mio for bottled water
3 various energy bars (not sure their ages so they didn't make the cut either)
Small pocket knive
Spike wrench and a full set of replacement spikes
Bic Lighter (from my smoking days)
Rain Hood
Rain Suit
Winter Gloves
Beanie
Callaway UPro MX GPS
Bolle Violator Golf Sunglasses with hard case
Cutter Bug Spray (you guys that use OFF have evidentally never played where they have real mosquitos...LOL)
Sun Block
Flip Camcorder
Tripod for Above
Frogger Club brush
Replacement brushes for above
Frogger Towel
Callway Players Towel
Callaway Umbrella
Small Flask with Crown Royal Special Reserve
$14.75 in quarters

Holy Crap I had alot of stuff in there!! I think I might win the prize for the most Sh!t in my bag!!

I recently lost the Canadian Toonie that I used as a ball marker....:at-wits-end:, one of our vendors is based out of Montreal and when he is here he always brings his clubs....2 years ago we were playing quarter skins and birdies and I beat him out of $2 and he tossed it too me and said "here is 2 dollars Canadian" so I used it as a ball maker anytime he and I played to rub it in his face...LOL....sad that I lost it.

Last edited:
jeez some of your bags have gotta weigh a ton hahaha
i added a pebble beach bag tag to my bag

Lets see, theres:
-Kleenex
-Bug Spray
-brass brush head and retractable brush with plastic bristles
-a dozen TM Burner TP's
-half a dozen TM TP Black LDP's
-little first aid kit 3"x5"X1/2" (band aids, bug bite stuff, aspirin, antacid, antiseptic wipes, gravol)
-tees
-sharpies
-TM Wrench
-magnetic ball marker with a hat clip.
-several ball mark repair tools
-Wenger Swiss army knife pocket knife/golf tool
-rule book (2012)
-laser range finder
-athletic tape for fingers
-tees (epoch only)
-towels (one on and one in the bag)
-wind shirt
-rain gear
-gloves
-an umbrella
-lighter
-tensor bandage
-Golfers elbow support (If you have tennis elbow your doing it wrong. )
-bigger first aid kit. (The one I never hope to use, but will be happy I have if I need it. Bigger bandages, triangular bandage etc. still packs up to about 8"x5"x2")

Golf stuff:
6-9 Pro V1x
Tartan wool tee bag from St Andrews (cool gift from an unexpected source) full of...tees
Assorted divot tools - coolest is from Olympic Club in SFO but its hard edges hurt my hand so I don't use it
Lots of ball markers - mostly from the 4 Bandon Dunes courses
3 different poker chips that I also use as markers
2 gloves
Red and Black Sharpies

Misc. stuff:
Lip balm/sunscreen
Trainer's tape
Ibuprofen
2 Gatorade powder pouches
Energy bars
usually a banana and/or apple

Vice:
Colibri cigar cutter & windproof lighter
Flask with Dalwhinnie 15 yr

When the weather looks iffy:
Bag hood
Rain gloves
Rain pants & jacket
Thermos with coffee (and Bailey's)
A toque! (look it up, Yankees)

*My girlfriend brings small bottles of tabasco and worcestershire (and sometimes a little horseradish) so she can spice her Caesar if the cart girl doesn't have that stuff with her. She takes her Caesars seriously.

Last edited:
-taylormade glove
-white nike dri-fit sleeves
-probably about 6 golf balls. no particular model
-a buff like the one martin kymer used last year at the match play in Tucson
-a bunch of different tees
-2 sharpies (blue and neon green)
-2 pitch repair tools
-some change for ball markers. i usually use a townie
-some napkins for whatever reason
-and 14 sticks

added a pebble beach bag tag to my brand new bag

Callaway Gloves
a dozen golf balls different brands
tees
ball markers
pitch repairer
ping jacket
2 bottles of quench fruit juice
rice crispy bars
chewing gum

2 taylormade gloves
A bunch of tee's
dozen balls
bottle of excedrin migraine
Divot repair tool
Ball marker
Shirt & socks
Tube of Nuun
2-3 bottles of water
Black Sharpie

Your "must haves"?

Your "must haves"?

Have seen this thread on a couple of forums and didn't find one here. Just wondering what all "must have" accessories you use that you could not(or would not want to) play without? Clubs are obvious :D ..looking for unique items to give new guys like myself some ideas. Go!

My cooler:banana:

My Range finder-nuff said. . .

Liquid bandage for nasty blisters after playing and practicing everyday-I used to do this frequently

MY little Champ Tee pouch that champ sent us during testing, and a players towel to clean me clubs

My clicgear ball cleaner-saves the day

I would say a good divot repair tool, and a Frogger club brush are must haves in my bag.

Back