Nicklaus ML4 Driver - Forum Testing Review

Saw these were $60 on RBG, question for anyone who has the offset version: how much will the offset matter vs the regular one? How is he stock shaft in these?

Saw these were $60 on RBG, question for anyone who has the offset version: how much will the offset matter vs the regular one? How is he stock shaft in these?

As to the offset version, I cannot speak on that.

On the head itself, I still stand by it being the best combo of forgiveness and distance I've ever had out of a driver, add to that the sound and it's a winner.

On the shaft, I liked the stock Fuji alot but had to go another direction as I'm naturally a high ball hitter and even though I was still getting great distance I was losing some in the flight being too high. Feel wise I like it enough, solid shaft IMO, not the best but not the worst.

TONS of info and thoughts on it in this thread. I'm still thankful for getting to test the ML4, I'm not kidding or sucking up when I say it changed my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great driver. The stock shaft is very good. I haven't found a head that I've hit better. I haven't hit the offset version, but the sound, feel, distance, and forgiveness of the ML4 is second to none. Thanks again to THP and Nicklaus Golf for the opportunity to test this great driver. :)

Rockbottom Golf is now selling the ML4 offset version for $31.33. http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/nicklaus-golf-dual-point-ml4-driver.html

I kid you not, if they had the non-offset still and it was that price, I'd buy AT LEAST two more. I was thinking as walking during my round, I MUST get another ML4 to put up while I can still find them. I literally have no ho-itches anymore with the big-stick because of how this one has and continues to perform for me.

I kid you not, if they had the non-offset still and it was that price, I'd buy AT LEAST two more. I was thinking as walking during my round, I MUST get another ML4 to put up while I can still find them. I literally have no ho-itches anymore with the big-stick because of how this one has and continues to perform for me.
Me too Jman!

Ordered one. Guess we'll see how it works out. I think i'm going to cut this down to 44.5 or 44 and see if this helps out my driving, which is horrible...

Ordered one. Guess we'll see how it works out. I think i'm going to cut this down to 44.5 or 44 and see if this helps out my driving, which is horrible...
Let us know how you like it! Are you going to try it first before you cut it down?

yeah, i'll def try it first, but i've been wanting to cut down my driver for a while now and this one being so inexpensive seemed like a good chance to try it out on.

yeah, i'll def try it first, but i've been wanting to cut down my driver for a while now and this one being so inexpensive seemed like a good chance to try it out on.
I look forward to hearing how it works for you! :)

I just bought the offset version, too, for $33 at bottomrock. Couldn't resist. I had asked my wife for it for Christmas back around Thanksgiving and told her to expect to pay about $200. A week or two before Christmas I told her about RBG having it for $59 and sent her a link. Christmas morning came and went and no club. Once I saw it for $33, I knew I had to take matters into my own hands. I would have preferred a straight up driver, but I've never hit an offset. Who knows? It may be great for me. If not, at $33 I'm not out much.

I just bought the offset version, too, for $33 at bottomrock. Couldn't resist. I had asked my wife for it for Christmas back around Thanksgiving and told her to expect to pay about $200. A week or two before Christmas I told her about RBG having it for $59 and sent her a link. Christmas morning came and went and no club. Once I saw it for $33, I knew I had to take matters into my own hands. I would have preferred a straight up driver, but I've never hit an offset. Who knows? It may be great for me. If not, at $33 I'm not out much.

for 33 bucks you can't go wrong

I have a 10.5 ML4 regular flex not offset version that I probably should sell as I don't play it anymore. Downside is someone (me when I was joking around on the driving range trying to be cute using different swings) put a big old skymark on the top of the club.

Just arrived. Beautiful club, everything I could have hoped for...except, Rock Bottom put what I believe was the ML3 black and orange headcover on it. That's disappointing. I emailed them a complaint, asking for the Black and Silver ML4 headcover. See what happens.

Just arrived. Beautiful club, everything I could have hoped for...except, Rock Bottom put what I believe was the ML3 black and orange headcover on it. That's disappointing. I emailed them a complaint, asking for the Black and Silver ML4 headcover. See what happens.
Wow, that was fast! I ordered mine the same day and it's not supposed to be here until Monday. They should send you the correct headcover, as it states it on their site that it is matching.

• Manufacturer: Nicklaus Golf
  • Model: Dual Point ML4
  • SKU: 14NCKML4DRV
  • Condition: NEW, FACTORY SEALED
  • Makeup/Loft: See DropDown
  • Dexterity: Mens Right Handed
    Left Handed? Click Here!
  • Shaft: Fujikura Speed-Weight 55 Graphite
  • Grip: Nicklaus Stock Rubber
  • Length/Lie: Standard/Standard
  • Headcover: Included (Matching)

I played the ML4 today with the new House of Forged shaft I discussed early and in other threads. Very nice combination. This is a very stable shaft. Even though the shaft is 67 grams with a high bend point the shaft didn't feel heavy and I had no problem getting the ball airborne. With a torque of 2.5 I found a lot of fairways. The ML4/HOF felt very good. :)

The ML4 was tested by Golf Digest for the 2012 Hot List. I haven't seen the issue yet, but I'll be curious what they have to say.

The ML4 was tested by Golf Digest for the 2012 Hot List. I haven't seen the issue yet, but I'll be curious what they have to say.

While I NEVER take any real stock in their "Hot List" I am intrigued by this one.

Some guys on another forum said they skipped the ml4 and ordered the ml5 off the tour van. They even described the technology. I've not seen any other mention of a ml5 anywhere.

Some guys on another forum said they skipped the ml4 and ordered the ml5 off the tour van. They even described the technology. I've not seen any other mention of a ml5 anywhere.
Never heard of it either Prut. To the best of my knowledge Nicklaus Golf closed up shop, but perhaps I'm wrong?

Never heard of it either Prut. To the best of my knowledge Nicklaus Golf closed up shop, but perhaps I'm wrong?

I'm betting they were being smart asses on that "other" forum, they tend to do that over there to the lesser heard of clubs. Plus, yes, Nicklaus will not be making clubs anymore, at least for the near future.

Sean, not a thing in GD about it, I should have known better. As per usual, all "smaller" brands (including Boccieri) were skipped in the write up. At least SCOR got in there.

Reading the posts I found via google. Its all smart assedness alongside typical snobbery towards the "lesser named" clubs. Sad really, same old "Wal-Mart" comment in there too.

Their loss. I'll take the ML4 over any other driver for my game, period.

Thanks, I thought I might have detected some sarcasm. Being in the newspaper business, I learned a long time ago that sarcasm often doesn't translate well in print. Invariably half or more of the audience doesn't get it.

I'm betting they were being smart asses on that "other" forum, they tend to do that over there to the lesser heard of clubs. Plus, yes, Nicklaus will not be making clubs anymore, at least for the near future.

Sean, not a thing in GD about it, I should have known better. As per usual, all "smaller" brands (including Boccieri) were skipped in the write up. At least SCOR got in there.

Back