The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im with you. I feel the same way about a few players and after working in their world for a while, sports is jaded at best. I look at my team and think "Oh great, you signed another horrible person". While I dont expect or even care if we are surrounded by angels, applauding some is off at best.

I don't expect angles and I can only imagine what you know about people when working in the business, but there are a few crimes that in my mind is simply unforgivable and he commited one of them.

This is hilarious.

http://www.rodgersphotobomb.com/

I like this one.

tumblr_lu9s78YLrU1r57igoo1_500.jpg

lol, I like that site blugold it makes me like Rodgers more. The best for me so far is
tumblr_lte3i9ei5W1r57igoo1_1280.jpg

That site is hysterical. I love photobombing at school events, so Rodgers just became one of my favorite players in the NFL.

Those are pretty funny. When I first saw it I had never even heard the term photobomb. Whatever it is, Rodgers has the knack for it. I enjoy the couple where it's just the side of his head.

Kevin

Just looking back through, and I do believe that some of these are photoshopped. Not all, but a few.

I love this one. Making fun of Jermicheal's dumb dance.
tumblr_lte0hbvfPa1r57igoo1_500.jpg

I see on NFL.com the Steelers-Browns game is a real barn burner.

Kevin

I see on NFL.com the Steelers-Browns game is a real barn burner.

Kevin
Pittsburgh is winning. Which is all that matters since I took them in the ESPN Eliminator game.

Pittsburgh is winning. Which is all that matters since I took them in the ESPN Eliminator game.

You must support Ben Rothlisberger.

Kevin

Browns v Steelers used to mean something more than injuries. Sucks and every NFL week it's more difficult to stay w the Browns.

I should jump to the Titans as Earl Campbell was my hero growing up. Those Oilers were the epitome of football. Was the heyday of the Raiders cheating as much as possible and Stabler winning one at a time.

Big Ben just made Cutler look terrible by playing after that.

Btw...any guesses on the fine/possible suspension for that hit on McCoy?

After watching that game last night I dont think Colt McCoy is much more then a very good NFL backup. And I think he's a worse passer then Tebow right now. Put Tebow in at QB last night and the Browns win that game. Colt missed a ton of throws, made bad decisions and that led to stupid INT's. Browns need to look at their options at QB because I think Colt has proven he is not an NFL starter.

After watching that game last night I dont think Colt McCoy is much more then a very good NFL backup. And I think he's a worse passer then Tebow right now. Put Tebow in at QB last night and the Browns win that game. Colt missed a ton of throws, made bad decisions and that led to stupid INT's. Browns need to look at their options at QB because I think Colt has proven he is not an NFL starter.

I think this is going to happen to Luck next year. I just don't think he is going to do well in the NFL. I might be wrong if he gets drafted by Indi. I think a veteran QB like Payton over him could help him out.

Big Ben just made Cutler look terrible by playing after that.

Btw...any guesses on the fine/possible suspension for that hit on McCoy?

What are you talking about? High ankle sprain is what Ben had dude. I've just come to realize you come into this thread to try and provoke a Cutler reaction from me. Lol, I shall anoint you the Chosen1 of the NFL thread! You don't even watch football!

I think this is going to happen to Luck next year. I just don't think he is going to do well in the NFL. I might be wrong if he gets drafted by Indi. I think a veteran QB like Payton over him could help him out.

What are you basing it on? Have you watched Luck play? What do you think he is missing?

What are you basing it on? Have you watched Luck play? What do you think he is missing?

JB beat me to it. I am curious to hear what you have based your opinion on.

The ability to catch passes on trick plays...that's not it.

The abiity to tackle...that's not it.

I doubt he can run the read option like Tebow! That is his only knock that I can think of...

It is mostly just personal opinion, but I have watched him play some for the past two years. Not a ton though, I tend to watch more NFL than college. I know that he dominates the college scene, but so have many others like him in the past. I just feel like he is going to be similar to Tebow or McCoy. I think everybody is all hyped up about him, but he is going to not amount to anything when he gets in. I could be wrong though.

One thing I think would help him a ton, is to come in like Arron Rodgers. Sit behind a great QB for a couple of years and then play. I think he would do a better job adjusting then.

It is mostly just personal opinion, but I have watched him play some for the past two years. Not a ton though, I tend to watch more NFL than college. I know that he dominates the college scene, but so have many others like him in the past. I just feel like he is going to be similar to Tebow or McCoy. I think everybody is all hyped up about him, but he is going to not amount to anything when he gets in. I could be wrong though.

One thing I think would help him a ton, is to come in like Arron Rodgers. Sit behind a great QB for a couple of years and then play. I think he would do a better job adjusting then.

Andrew Luck is as close to NFL ready as anybody could be. He is a lot better than Aaron was coming out of college. He has 1000x more arm strength than McCoy. He is more of a polished passer than Tebow. I'm not saying he gets drafted and then leads the league in every stat and wins the MVP. But he has more pure QB skill than some of the guys starting in the league right now.

Okay, I understand that its personal opinion, but I am genuinely curious. What is it about him that wont succeed. The McCoy comparison is different because he was not considered much coming in, had a weaker arm, struggled with out patterns and did not have the intangibles. Tebow was a flyer that most knew could not pass well at this level right now, but had certain intangibles looked for.

What have you seen in luck that makes you feel that way? Or do you just not like him? Luck comparison coming out of school would be closer to Peyton Manning than it would be either of those guys. Big time player that most feel is a sure thing (most, not all) that elevated a mediocre team, but never quite got over the hump in college football. Similar to Aikman as well. He is not a system QB like those at some schools, or a QB at a school like USC that has loads of talent and played lesser defenses. I am genuinely curious what you see in him that says he wont make it.

Andrew Luck is as close to NFL ready as anybody could be. He is a lot better than Aaron was coming out of college. He has 1000x more arm strength than McCoy. He is more of a polished passer than Tebow. I'm not saying he gets drafted and then leads the league in every stat and wins the MVP. But he has more pure QB skill than some of the guys starting in the league right now.

That is all very true and I will most likely be wrong. I am just going on my personal gut feeling. I just don't think it is going to happen.

Okay, I understand that its personal opinion, but I am genuinely curious. What is it about him that wont succeed. The McCoy comparison is different because he was not considered much coming in, had a weaker arm, struggled with out patterns and did not have the intangibles. Tebow was a flyer that most knew could not pass well at this level right now, but had certain intangibles looked for.

What have you seen in luck that makes you feel that way? Or do you just not like him? Luck comparison coming out of school would be closer to Peyton Manning than it would be either of those guys. Big time player that most feel is a sure thing (most, not all) that elevated a mediocre team, but never quite got over the hump in college football. Similar to Aikman as well. He is not a system QB like those at some schools, or a QB at a school like USC that has loads of talent and played lesser defenses. I am genuinely curious what you see in him that says he wont make it.

I guess I am wrong on the McCoy and Tebow comparisons. I do agree with you that he could be a great, if he is brought in slowly. I think he will get picked up by Indy and get thrown into the gauntlet day one. One thing for sure that might prove me wrong is that he has done well with Stanford this past year. He took a mid-level team and made them great. That does speak a lot for him. I guess it is more gut feeling than stats of why I feel that he won't do great. I think he will do well, but not what everybody is making him out to be.

Who is the QB Payton that you are referring too? The only Payton I know that is active in the NFL is Sean Payton and he is a coach. Walter Payton is retired? Veteran QB Payton? No idea?

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back