Golf Sandals...Thoughts?

It doesn't bother me to see them on the course but personally I would never wear them. I normally wear flipflops around the house and when im popping down the street but golfing you need proper footwear to keep you comfortable while you walk around all day and provide the support needed for a swing so you'll never see me in golf sandals.

I'm not a fan of them... but I'm sure for some they have their place.

Fact: Years ago while a volunteer at a LPGA Tour stop here in Niagara Falls one of the pros wore sandals.Then again she is a Hall of Famer. Also of note Chrstina Kim arrived at the range with stilletos on.

Alex

Last edited:
Yes, Golf shoes and sandals are specially made to play the golf.

I agree with Divebell. Sandals are meant for the beach or just hanging out, not playing golf. Wear golf shoes guys, c'mon.

They are not for me but if someone wants to wear them - whatever.

I agree with Divebell. Sandals are meant for the beach or just hanging out, not playing golf. Wear golf shoes guys, c'mon.

I know that sandals are made for wear in beach not for playing golf. But some sandals are specially made for playing golf. You can use these sandals if you play a golf in golf course.

When I was younger there was an older hippie guy at my dad's course that played barefoot and just kicked everybodys butt...dude only carried like 6 or 7 clubs and still wiped the course with everybody.

When I was younger there was an older hippie guy at my dad's course that played barefoot and just kicked everybodys butt...dude only carried like 6 or 7 clubs and still wiped the course with everybody.

Sam Snead practiced barefoot so he could focus on tempo. He was pretty good.

For weekend warriors I don't see anything wrong with them but if you are a little more serious I would wear shoes. Truth be told I hate sandals most of the time.

For weekend warriors I don't see anything wrong with them but if you are a little more serious I would wear shoes. Truth be told I hate sandals most of the time.

I agreed!! But all person's have different choice. Some like shoes and other sandals.

Only way I'd wear sandals playing golf is if someone paid me

Never saw the reason to wear Golf Sandals. I was always afraid that I would be walking in an area with sticks, rocks, and snakes and mess up my feet. I like the protection of a regular shoe. I leave the sandals for the beach.

Never saw the reason to wear Golf Sandals. I was always afraid that I would be walking in an area with sticks, rocks, and snakes and mess up my feet. I like the protection of a regular shoe. I leave the sandals for the beach.

I agreed!! First, safety is most important......!!

Never wear sandals even when not golfing. I hate them.

Personally I feel golf is taken less serious when people wear sandals or similar apparel which to me is not traditional

The biggest reasons I can think of for not wearing them is exposing your feet directly to a lot of the chemicals that are put on golf courses and the burn factor, my feet would be cooked after just an hour or two in the sun. Personally I don't really care at all what someone else wears it has no impact on me whatsoever. If the golf course wants to tell people not to wear them that is their right. I wouldn't wear them either way.

They're legal for play at my course. They even sell them in the pro shop! I just can't see it. I like some support in a golf shoe.
The other one I can't reall see is the Crocs golf shoe.

Seems like today is a good day to bump this.

Seems like today is a good day to bump this.
Holy bump.

I saw this thread and was like, who the hell.... Then saw who the OP was.

One of my first threads on THP. Probably about 101,000 posts ago.

Holy bump.

I saw this thread and was like, who the hell.... Then saw who the OP was.

One of my first threads on THP. Probably about 101,000 posts ago.
There were a few options to pick from. Your name stood out.

Sidebar: Pretty cool those history threads all still are out there.

Back