Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice job Ryan! I really like that price too. Great job on the review. I can't wait to try one of these out.

Nice review Hawk, thanks!

I’m torn on the looks of these. Part of me likes the idea of a hybrid type club that looks like a long iron, and part of me has already accepted the look of a hybrid, so this looks a bit off. Maybe I’ll get a better impression in person. There are so many good hybrid offerings around at the moment though.

The price point is pretty good on these, so well done to Mizuno for putting these out there at an affordable level.

Nice review Ryan. While not something that I am attracted to aesthetically, it sounds like a club that serves its purpose and I appreciate that Mizuno is offering a different looking hybrid that may appeal to some that do not like the FW style hybrid. This really reminds me more of a driving iron with the really thick topline.

The price point jumped out at me. That is an outstanding price for any hybrid.

Great review Hawk. I'm interested in this for a ton of reasons: looks, iron-like appearence, and price point. I'm really interested in this club, and with this price point, I may bag it come springtime. Probably will. Thanks for the review! Great job!

I know a lot of people arent crazy about the looks, but I am digging the looks here. Reminds me of their old driving irons they use to make, and I think these really catch the eye. Want to try these out for myself, especially since I am looking for new hybrids to throw in to the bag!

Nice review Ryan! I like this concept and think it could make life easier if you're looking to replace a long iron with hybrid and not go crazy looking at gaps.

Nice review Hawk, thanks!

I’m torn on the looks of these. Part of me likes the idea of a hybrid type club that looks like a long iron, and part of me has already accepted the look of a hybrid, so this looks a bit off. Maybe I’ll get a better impression in person. There are so many good hybrid offerings around at the moment though.

The price point is pretty good on these, so well done to Mizuno for putting these out there at an affordable level.

It really is a good price and I think that alone might make it easier for people to grab 2 or 3 of them.

I know a lot of people arent crazy about the looks, but I am digging the looks here. Reminds me of their old driving irons they use to make, and I think these really catch the eye. Want to try these out for myself, especially since I am looking for new hybrids to throw in to the bag!

That goes to show you that everybody has their idea good looks. I have a feeling that there will be others that feel the same as you.

Nice review Ryan! I like this concept and think it could make life easier if you're looking to replace a long iron with hybrid and not go crazy looking at gaps.

It's an interesting one and (for me), it makes more sense in the 4,5,6 slots. Those are the spots I'm more interested in filling gaps. As the ~20° range I'm usually looking for a do-it-all type hybrid. I think the option of steel shafts could make it blend in even better for some people.

It really is a good price and I think that alone might make it easier for people to grab 2 or 3 of them.

That goes to show you that everybody has their idea good looks. I have a feeling that there will be others that feel the same as you.

It's an interesting one and (for me), it makes more sense in the 4,5,6 slots. Those are the spots I'm more interested in filling gaps. As the ~20° range I'm usually looking for a do-it-all type hybrid. I think the option of steel shafts could make it blend in even better for some people.

Great point Hawk!!!! Swinging the same shaft has really opened my eyes dude.

Great point Hawk!!!! Swinging the same shaft has really opened my eyes dude.

Yea, it's hard not to think of them exclusively hybrids, but I think they are really a hybrid of a hybrid if that makes sense haha.

Yea, it's hard not to think of them exclusively hybrids, but I think they are really a hybrid of a hybrid if that makes sense haha.

Its makes complete sense. I think originally weren't hybrids supposed to be long iron replacements and kinda evolved to their own thing? Now Mizuno is almost taking it back, although other companies have done so with hybrid sets but this is a bit different imo. I like it.

I want to hit one of these because I think the 3 hybrid could be really good for me. I need a club for off the tee and long par 3's after my 4 iron, so I was originally going to go 3 iron maybe bent to a 2, but the 3 hybrid of this set really could be great for me. Iron-like enough for me, because I haven't really swung a hybrid that I like. I hope these work for me.

It sounds like this is an adequate replacement for long irons. Not the best, and not the worst, but adequate. Seems like it could be considered a "budget" club. The looks are fine to me, and wouldn't bother me when hitting them. They kind of remind me of my old Browning 500 irons.

The looks of this club has grown on me as well, and it seems like a good package, especially for that price. Thanks for the review.

I like the looks of the MP Fli Hi a little more than the JPX model. It looks much more like a GI iron, and less like a hybrid....I think they kind of market it as a "driving iron". May be a dumb question since you just tested the JPX Fli-hi, but does anyone know what the differences between the two models are supposed to be?

Yea, the MP definitely has more of an iron look to it and my guess is that it's meant to co-mingle more with the MP series irons. A quick look shows that the MP comes in 2,3,4 and the JPX series comes in 3,4,5,6. Looks like the shafts are different as well.

Man for that price how could you go wrong? I'm with you on the appearance but if it performs like you say it does I'd get over that really quick! Thanks for the review, you did great!

That was really a good read. Thanks Hawk.

Sweet review Hawk!

I cant get into the 'spoon' hybrids, but nice to hear mizuno is making some solid performers. That pricepoint is killer, too.

Killer write up as always, Hawk. Your thoughts seem to be in line with what I was getting out of them when I hit em.

Cheers for the review Hawk. I'd say those thoughts are pretty spot on with everyone I've talked to that's hit them.

I like how Mizuno took the approach of giving peopl the choice between what I think of when someone says hybrid and these which are more like an iron with a weight tacked on the back. Nike did the same style to these this year but didn't offer people the choice between the styles.

These should be a good add on to the Mizzie line. The previous Fli Hi driving irons were very much a club one either loved or hated both for looks and performance. This is a much nicer mid line choice

I don't like the looks too much, don't hate it either but prefer the looks of soemthing with less offset. However laterly I have grown tired of my hybrid, and I think this is something that could work out very well for me. Hybrid's seem to be inconsistent for me. When I hit my 4 iron I know the distance its going to go, unless i mishit it. I feel like my hybrid could end up anywhere between 200 and 235, and they can all feel like well hit shots. I wouldn't mind a club with the forgivness of a hybrid, but consistency of a iron. This sounds like it could be the ticket.

nice write up Hawk, very detailed as always!

Great review Hawk. I've been thinking of cutting out a 5 wood and playing a long 3 or 2 hybrid, and this may allow me to do that. May try to get some swings on it in the future!

Back