NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with that. I'm a Pens fan, and if someone goes after Crosby, I want them dead. Enforcers are there for a reason. Pretty much every Pens player would probably step in to protect Sid. And rightfully so.

Big difference between protecting a player and a guy getting hit clean with his head down.

Big difference between protecting a player and a guy getting hit clean with his head down.

Not necessarily. If someone hits Sid when he has his head down (not likely to happen, he's too good of a skater), then the Pens will go after him. Not protecting him persay, but letting them know to never hit Sid like that again.

Not necessarily. If someone hits Sid when he has his head down (not likely to happen, he's too good of a skater), then the Pens will go after him. Not protecting him persay, but letting them know to never hit Sid like that again.

That's bush league play though. I played Jr. C as a 15 year old for a few games as warm up for the HS season and it happens almost every hit. Guy has head down, gets leveled and then you have guys trying to make the team who drop the gloves and try and fight the guy who hit the other guy, so stupid.

Proper thing to do, for example: Crosby has head down and gets leveled, instead of instantly going after the guy who hit him, you wait until the guy has the puck and then level him back. The point is, the guys in the NHL should be mature enough to not do stupid things and respect a hit when it is clean.

Also, doesn't matter how good of a skater Crosby is, the guy is going to get hit. He may be a great skater, but there are guys who are great hitters as well. Though you don't see it happen often because he skates with his head up and is aware of his surroundings.

All hail queen Cindy!!!!!! no one is not gonna hit Sid if they have the chance to! this is exactly why the sports becoming wussy! if its a clean hit play on... and if it isn't you know Shannahan is gonna suspend them anyway.

I'm not arguing that it isn't a clean hit, I'd love to see Ovie get lit up. But if you do hit a super star you're going to get it back. No doubt. And I like that.

I'm not arguing that it isn't a clean hit, I'd love to see Ovie get lit up. But if you do hit a super star you're going to get it back. No doubt. And I like that.

You're completely not understanding what I'm saying.

Who knew that the University of Minnesota-Duluth was the #1 ranked team in the country? Well the Badgers are on a down year. But the Badgers had the lead twice, never trailed. But the game ended in a 3-3 draw. Fantastic place to see hockey though. I was really happy we got to do the "sieve chant" 3-times.

UMD won the championship last year, they are no slouch. They've got quite a few guys who will play in the NHL some day!
Who knew that the University of Minnesota-Duluth was the #1 ranked team in the country? Well the Badgers are on a down year. But the Badgers had the lead twice, never trailed. But the game ended in a 3-3 draw. Fantastic place to see hockey though. I was really happy we got to do the "sieve chant" 3-times.

The Penguins are running out of players. No Staal tonight. No Crosby. Three of their regulars on defense are out. They're starting to call up players I've never even heard of..and that's hard to do!

The Penguins are running out of players. No Staal tonight. No Crosby. Three of their regulars on defense are out. They're starting to call up players I've never even heard of..and that's hard to do!

They're still the best team in the league. Wilkes-Barre is a very good team to be calling players up from, so it's all good. And they have the Islanders tonight.

There are four monopolies in my fantasy league. One with Philly, One with Chicago, My team with Pittsburgh, and another with the ducks. Needless to say, Im going no where fast.

They're still the best team in the league. Wilkes-Barre is a very good team to be calling players up from, so it's all good. And they have the Islanders tonight.

Oh, I think they're absolutely stacked when healthy. Solid defensively from 1-6. As good as any team down the middle. Great goaltending. However, they had to call up Jason Williams today - that's the first time in a while I've actually had to say 'WHO?' for a Wilkes-Barre kid. Didn't realize it was the veteran Jason Williams. I just want to see them get reasonably healthy! It's been insane.

Should get Engelland back tonight. He's been such an awesome surprise.

You know who's been an awesome surprise? James Neal. He's been great.

No kidding! He just couldn't get it going after coming over from Dallas last season. Now, I wouldn't necessarily say he was 'bad' or 'unproductive', but the goals just weren't coming. And, yeah, he definitely had some problems hitting the net last season. This year? Wow. He honestly looks like a completely different player. He has such a quick, powerful release that has resulted in some fantastic goals. He also seems so willing to go to the dirty areas and get the grinder goals. Been an absolute joy to watch him this season.

He's just part of what makes this team so exciting if they can ever get and stay healthy. Staal has taken his game to the next level offensively, Neal has been dynamic, Pascal Dupuis (the 'other-guy' in the Hossa trade a few years ago..love him) is having a career season so far, Matt Cooke has changed the way he plays the game for the better and has been a joy to watch, and so many other players are stepping up in a huge way.

Still, I'd love to see Sid, Geno, and Staal healthy for a long stretch. Makes it so tough to battle against what essentially amounts to three top lines.

No kidding! He just couldn't get it going after coming over from Dallas last season. Now, I wouldn't necessarily say he was 'bad' or 'unproductive', but the goals just weren't coming. And, yeah, he definitely had some problems hitting the net last season. This year? Wow. He honestly looks like a completely different player. He has such a quick, powerful release that has resulted in some fantastic goals. He also seems so willing to go to the dirty areas and get the grinder goals. Been an absolute joy to watch him this season.

He's just part of what makes this team so exciting if they can ever get and stay healthy. Staal has taken his game to the next level offensively, Neal has been dynamic, Pascal Dupuis (the 'other-guy' in the Hossa trade a few years ago..love him) is having a career season so far, Matt Cooke has changed the way he plays the game for the better and has been a joy to watch, and so many other players are stepping up in a huge way.

Still, I'd love to see Sid, Geno, and Staal healthy for a long stretch. Makes it so tough to battle against what essentially amounts to three top lines.

This would be amazing. I don't really care right now so long as they're healthy for the Playoffs.

This would be amazing. I don't really care right now so long as they're healthy for the Playoffs.

Agreed. They're definitely built for playoff success if they can play healthy. Ray Shero has just done such a fantastic job - it's very impressive how strong of a defensive corps he has assembled while still maintaining an explosive offense. Plus, I think Despres has been solid in his time up - very exciting to see arguably the Penguins best prospect already developing at a solid rate.

Agreed. They're definitely built for playoff success if they can play healthy. Ray Shero has just done such a fantastic job - it's very impressive how strong of a defensive corps he has assembled while still maintaining an explosive offense. Plus, I think Despres has been solid in his time up - very exciting to see arguably the Penguins best prospect already developing at a solid rate.

The best part of the season for me thus far was seeing Crosby come back and put up a lot of points. It stinks he has to sit out tonight because he usually wrecks the Isles. I really hope he plays well the rest of the year.

The best part of the season for me thus far was seeing Crosby come back and put up a lot of points. It stinks he has to sit out tonight because he usually wrecks the Isles. I really hope he plays well the rest of the year.

Agreed. I thought he looked just as dynamic as before. He was on an absolutely unbelievable pace last season and I think he'll get back to that level sooner rather than later. I'm glad they're being cautious with him but it is a bit scary at this point when he doesn't play!

Agreed. I thought he looked just as dynamic as before. He was on an absolutely unbelievable pace last season and I think he'll get back to that level sooner rather than later. I'm glad they're being cautious with him but it is a bit scary at this point when he doesn't play!

Yeah. I hope he competes for the goal-scoring title next season like he was last year until the injury. He's just so good.

Comparing the NCAA to the O, the C and the Q in terms of pure talent, skill and depth?

Not sure how or why you are comparing a junior league to a university/college league.

In terms of depth, I will agree with you.

NCAA is generally a different style of hockey compared to the CHL. In the CHL you see a lot of high scoring, fast paced, run'n'gun style of hockey. Where the NCAA is generally played with more defense in mind.

There have been a lot of good players come from University/College route like Kessel, Parise, St.Louis, Fowler, Vanek, Toews, Kane, just to name a few.

My point was just to call it a hackers league is far from an appropriate term for a league of that caliber.

I dont think its necessarily fair to call it a junior league because the O and Q are the step before the A, just like the NCAA is(for most). The talent pool is WAY deeper, and allows for way more lesser talented players. Every league has superstars, but a league is only as strong as their weak links, and the NCAA, although much larger, has much more weak links to scale.

Hacks couldve been an offensive term to you, and Im sorry, but to me choosing to play in the NCAA is like choosing to play on the European tour. Thats not where the big boys go to play week in and week out to play against the best.

Not sure how or why you are comparing a junior league to a university/college league.

In terms of depth, I will agree with you.

NCAA is generally a different style of hockey compared to the CHL. In the CHL you see a lot of high scoring, fast paced, run'n'gun style of hockey. Where the NCAA is generally played with more defense in mind.

There have been a lot of good players come from University/College route like Kessel, Parise, St.Louis, Fowler, Vanek, Toews, Kane, just to name a few.

My point was just to call it a hackers league is far from an appropriate term for a league of that caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back