Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are waiting to see if the frost clears..a chilly 18 degrees this morning with a high of 35 predicted. Might be another day off. :angry:

it got to 73 degrees today and i wore shorts and a shortsleeve to the course today
the wind didnt even blow like its been the past few weeks

It's Snowing! Golf Canceled for tomorrow!

We're supposed to get snow tomorrow evening.

53 and sunny tomorrow, have a tee time at noon.

Man... Why is it so COLD in L.A.?! It's like 50 degrees out here!!

I played today and it was perfect, probably 77 or so, playing tomorrow and its a high of 65, thats pretty chilly for my blood.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

it was hot yesterday 75 degrees... today its gonna be high 40s lol

Today we are looking at mostly sunny, light winds, and a high of 52.

Go chase the little ball around in a few hours.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Today we are looking at mostly sunny, light winds, and a high of 52.

Go chase the little ball around in a few hours.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Have fun out there Coolie, hope the time flies by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was beautiful today here in NC. 58 degrees and sunny when I got in my truck to leave the course. Had on a golf polo and a pullover and it was perfect. Couldn't ask for a better day.

It's supposed to get up to 50 on Wednesday!

It's also supposed to rain all day Wednesday.

Today we are looking at a high of 45, light winds, and partly sunny.

Perfect weather to golf with a hangover I guess.....

Tappin' from my iPad!

Go get 'em Morgan Cup'er!!! I just woke up with a hangover at the Westin Galleria......go figure?

Damn... golf day is ruined.

Went to bed and it was 28* and getting icy. I had hopes of a non-frozen start however because the weatherman said that the clouds would move in during the night and warm things up. I woke up and it was 35* with no frost. SWEET! I routinely go to my course before sunrise ad they let me go out in front of the first group as a single. This way I can get a round in around 2 hours and be back home to spend the rest of the day with the fam or watching football/golf. Drove 15 miles to the course and noticed a few spots of ice in the parking lot. Didn't think much of it. Got geared up and headed for the clubhouse. The starter told me that the dew on the greens had froze and they were under a delay for at least the next 2 hours. Went back to the car, geared down, drove 15 miles home. Bummed now... :angry:

Never any doubt here with around 6" to 8" of snow still on the ground and more slated over the next 5 fricking days. I HATE YOU SNOW!!!!!

A mind boggling 15 degrees this morning with lots of frost...I sure hope it clears off today. :angry:

Beautiful cloudless sky, bright sunshine. Perfect day for golf except that it is 26 degrees at present with a high of 33 today. Frustrating.

Beautiful cloudless sky, bright sunshine. Perfect day for golf except that it is 26 degrees at present with a high of 33 today. Frustrating.

Same here! I feel your pain

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Yeah winter has finally set it. Although this week some highs of 50 may come. It's just not the same as the 60s we had a few weeks ago.

That is the absolute worst.

The course actually let us play in the frost yesterday. I was amazed. It was cold but we had a good time. Worst part was that the greens were frozen rock hard so if you hit the green with your approach it would ounce very high and go at least 5-10 yards off the green. Made it difficult because this course isn't really set up as links style, not a lot of room to run the ball up.

Here's a pic of my club face after one shot. Yes, that's ice.

47c193d4-fa34-102a.jpg

cold and windy... i can stand the cold but the wind blows

Ok I am officially sick of the cold weather. I just decided to use our vacation home on mallorca, spain again. I will fly down for at least 2 weeks in february and play a bunch of different courses. This includes a course where the Iberdrola Open took place when Darren Clarke won (www.pulagolf.com) and a Nicklaus design course (puntiro).
Now I'll just have to find someone to come with me then I am ready to book the flights.

Played a round of golf at Vitense in Madison today. The temp: 42*. For mid December in Wisconsin, I'll take it! On Friday it was 21* with a morning low of 7*, so ummm....yeah, 42* is pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back