The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spread in the Pats vs. Indy game is Pats -22! Highest pro spread I've ever seen!!

That is a big spread!

fat_girl.jpg

LA is just not a football town. The Rams had great teams there for many years and nobody there cared. If I had just bought the Jags I would move them to San Antonio but you might not be able to win a fight with the Cowboys over that move.

I agree, LA has had football teams and never supported them. Not sure why but it never seems to work.

Wow OEM, I feel bad for that motor bike.

I can't imagine betting a pro game with such a high spread. That is insane. The thing is I can easily be talked into thinking the Pats win 45-10 or something like that.

I agree, LA has had football teams and never supported them. Not sure why but it never seems to work.

Including 2 at the same time. But the league has never been as popular as it is today, so who knows.

Including 2 at the same time. But the league has never been as popular as it is today, so who knows.

This is also true. NFL is king right now. But I think LA is a basketball town and they struggle with the patience factor of starting a new team.

This is also true. NFL is king right now. But I think LA is a basketball town and they struggle with the patience factor of starting a new team.

LA fans are the type that a team would have to be popular and successful before moving there for them to be an instantly trendy hot ticket item and worth attending. This makes it impossible for a team struggling for wins to go there and be accepted and very few successful teams would ever think of moving. Just as playoff games bring out the 'beautiful people' in other cities who snap up tickets at inflated prices and then spend the game on the cell phone with their back to the action in LA you won't get many fans attending any game if you can't attract those 'beautiful people' during the regular season.

LA is just not a football town. The Rams had great teams there for many years and nobody there cared. If I had just bought the Jags I would move them to San Antonio but you might not be able to win a fight with the Cowboys over that move.

I have to disagree with this comment. I'm born and raised in LA, and we did support the football teams here. The reason why they left had nothing to do with lack of fan support. It mainly had to do with the teams being offered new stadiums (Raiders are still waiting for that new stadium). LA will not build any new stadium with tax payer money, plain and simple. That's why we haven't had a team in over 10 years.

It's pretty much a lock that a new stadium will be build in Downtown LA, and the San Diego Chargers will most likely be the new team.

NFL in LA is like the NBA in Miami. Cool the Heat are there and all, but people just don't support the team like they should.

Yes the population is big enough, but has anyone driven in LA? I bet for some people driving to San Diego for a Chargers game would be a shorter drive than trying to get downtown even on a Sunday. Especially if you were at a UCLA or USC game the day before. LA had their shot and frankly I don't think the city deserves a team. If far smaller cities can pony up some tax money to fund a stadium, LA can to. I feel bad for the true NFL fans down there.

NFL in LA is like the NBA in Miami. Cool the Heat are there and all, but people just don't support the team like they should.

Yes the population is big enough, but has anyone driven in LA? I bet for some people driving to San Diego for a Chargers game would be a shorter drive than trying to get downtown even on a Sunday. Especially if you were at a UCLA or USC game the day before. LA had their shot and frankly I don't think the city deserves a team. If far smaller cities can pony up some tax money to fund a stadium, LA can to. I feel bad for the true NFL fans down there.

I find that excuse to be a cop out really. They seem to get to 41 lakers games. Plenty of Dodgers games and really the big deal about the Rams was not attendance overall, but a lack of ability to grab luxury seats.

I find that excuse to be a cop out really. They seem to get to 41 lakers games. Plenty of Dodgers games and really the big deal about the Rams was not attendance overall, but a lack of ability to grab luxury seats.

Thank you JB.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but if you don't live in the city, let alone the state, how can you make such egregious comments? LA deserves every right to own an NFL team

haha. What do you mean??? He looks soooo happy!!! All of the experts still seem to be very high on the Bears, but it'll definitely be a fight to hang on to a wild card spot. I believe the Falcons will get one of the spots and then that leaves the Bears/Lions for the other with the way the Giants are struggling as of late.

Thank you JB.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but if you don't live in the city, let alone the state, how can you make such egregious comments? LA deserves every right to own an NFL team
JB knows his NFL stuff, for sure.

I was just thinking, if I ever get in any sort of trouble, I want Donte Stallworth's legal team.

I was just thinking, if I ever get in any sort of trouble, I want Donte Stallworth's legal team.

Haha. For real. Spending a month in jail with some probation for vehicular manslaughter, and now he's back in the NFL!!! I'm sure Plax feels like he got a raw deal

Haha. For real. Spending a month in jail with some probation for vehicular manslaughter, and now he's back in the NFL!!! I'm sure Plax feels like he got a raw deal

Pretty much anyone who's ever went to jail for over a month (who didn't committ murder or something on that level) feels that way! He killed a dude. And got away with next to nothing...

Anyone giving the Browns a chance this week? The way the Ravens play lesser teams has me wondering...

Anyone giving the Browns a chance this week? The way the Ravens play lesser teams has me wondering...

While the Ravens do seem to play down to the competition I say no the Browns have no shot.

The Browns D is decent. They just can't score. They have Greg Little though, he's a stud. Browns FTW!

The Browns D is decent. They just can't score. They have Greg Little though, he's a stud. Browns FTW!

Well that makes all the difference. Might as well say they have a NC player and Im a homer so Browns FTW LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back