Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy tires online. www.tirerack.com and www.discounttiresdirect.com are the ones I look at. Tires at Tirerack is cheaper, but you have to pay for shipping. Discount Tires has free shipping but has a smaller selection. Usually if discount tires has it, it's cheaper to get them through them. TireRack has user reviews and ratings.

Ship them to your home or business, and if your work has a fleet, their fleet guy can probably get you a break on the mount and balance.

I ordered the Conti EC DWSs from America's Tire (which is actually Discount Tire in CA and OR) last night. They're only $8 more than on www.discounttiresdirect.com and $15 more than from www.tirerack.com. Discounttiresdirect.com offers free shipping; Tirerack.com charges ~$15 each to ship. I've alternated between Costco and America's Tire the last 6-7 tire purchases I've made for our cars. Although Les Schwab is popular here, I'm not fond of their tire offering which are mostly Toyo tires.

Another day of meetings back to back to back....etc...etc

I hate end of the year shenanigans

Im so glad we have no inspections.

Just keep telling me how awesome Florida is, it's only helping me build my case to move there

Just keep telling me how awesome Florida is, it's only helping me build my case to move there

It's currently 70* and sunny, not a cloud in the sky...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take this crap to the Happy Happy Joy Joy thread! :D

63 over here. Almost needed a sweater this morning till I saw the high would be 70

Incredible isn't it! Made for a cold ride last night on the motorcycle, add in the light rain and I was miserable. I'm just glad the wind has calmed down, hopefully that last until Thursday, I need some good weather for the Cleveland Black testing.

Incredible isn't it! Made for a cold ride last night on the motorcycle, add in the light rain and I was miserable. I'm just glad the wind has calmed down, hopefully that last until Thursday, I need some good weather for the Cleveland Black testing.
Im hoping the wind will die down a bit, it's been pretty brutal the last few times ive been out on the course.

Im hoping the wind will die down a bit, it's been pretty brutal the last few times ive been out on the course.

Wind has been awful lately. The course I play is on and around the highest point in Hillsborough, so the wind really whips through the course, especially the front.

I need to reboot my computer because it keeps saying it's 43 degrees here in middle Georgia and I want to play some golf! :banghead:

My rant is about Belly Putters, they looks neat and I want to try one out. I go to Odyssey, they say they are leading the belly putter revolution. They have Phil pictured using one. Guess what? Not a single LH model available. What a joke.

Here's one for ya.

I just got a phone call from a co-worker, (I use that term loosely, in 4 months I've yet to figure out exactly what he does other than ask stupid questions) he and another "co-worker" are out hiking a pretty popular trail. When I say popular I mean a trail used so much that it shows up on Google Earth. Well apparently tweedle dee and his cohort tweedle dum have managed to "lose" the trail about 5 miles North of the starting point. Well not actually lose the trail as he claimed the trailed ended, now in reality the trail in question does not end until you reach Tallahassee, FL.

So unless they fell into a worm-hole, broke 958 laws of physics, and still managed to keep the cell phone intact I'm betting the trail didn't end. Add into this scenario is the large orange blazes that mark this trail, easily seen by anyone that doesn't have their located in their rectal cavity. Since I know this trail very well, I knew pretty much where they were, but I wanted to confirm it. I asked if they had a gps or a map, of course not! Everybody goes trapesing off into the woods ill prepared, it's just the way things are done.

Now the kicker of this whole scenario is that these two idiots are responsible for educating visitors about that trail, items to take with them, and what to be aware of while hiking. So next time you visit a National Park and ask for advice or information, look for someone who looks like they know WTF they are doing since we apparently are now hiring warm bodies to fill a uniform.

As for me, I'm pulling for the alligators.

Here's one for ya.

I just got a phone call from a co-worker, (I use that term loosely, in 4 months I've yet to figure out exactly what he does other than ask stupid questions) he and another "co-worker" are out hiking a pretty popular trail. When I say popular I mean a trail used so much that it shows up on Google Earth. Well apparently tweedle dee and his cohort tweedle dum have managed to "lose" the trail about 5 miles North of the starting point. Well not actually lose the trail as he claimed the trailed ended, now in reality the trail in question does not end until you reach Tallahassee, FL.

So unless they fell into a worm-hole, broke 958 laws of physics, and still managed to keep the cell phone intact I'm betting the trail didn't end. Add into this scenario is the large orange blazes that mark this trail, easily seen by anyone that doesn't have their located in their rectal cavity. Since I know this trail very well, I knew pretty much where they were, but I wanted to confirm it. I asked if they had a gps or a map, of course not! Everybody goes trapesing off into the woods ill prepared, it's just the way things are done.

Now the kicker of this whole scenario is that these two idiots are responsible for educating visitors about that trail, items to take with them, and what to be aware of while hiking. So next time you visit a National Park and ask for advice or information, look for someone who looks like they know WTF they are doing since we apparently are now hiring warm bodies to fill a uniform.

As for me, I'm pulling for the alligators.

Could you share some background with us? Why do you dislike these guys soooo much? There must be some good stories there..

I need to reboot my computer because it keeps saying it's 43 degrees here in middle Georgia and I want to play some golf! :banghead:

It was 43 when I finished today, 39 when I started. You know me, whitout the wind blowing I was fine with a short sleeve shirt and a windshirt, I did wear jeans to help ward off the wind while riding in the cart. Ejoyed having the course to myself.

Could you share some background with us? Why do you dislike these guys soooo much? There must be some good stories there..

Oh there is background, but more or less I despise ineptness. Especially when it comes from someone wearing a uniform I hold in high esteem.

so i went in to work and again they didnt need me... after black friday my wallet is gonna be hurting real bad on pay day
since i was already there i thought i might as well play some golf... it started raining and it got really cold
i brought rain pants but forgot the jacket... thanks now im still cold and wet from a few hours ago

okay we have gotten 6" of rain in less that 16 hrs! Now my basement is flooding. I have 3 sumps hooked up pumping water and it still can't keep up. I've lived in my home 6 years and this has never happened before. I hope it doesn't happen again. Come On mother nature. Quit crying already!

okay we have gotten 6" of rain in less that 16 hrs! Now my basement is flooding. I have 3 sumps hooked up pumping water and it still can't keep up. I've lived in my home 6 years and this has never happened before. I hope it doesn't happen again. Come On mother nature. Quit crying already!

That sucks. Here in Jersey we had the hurricane then right after that anothe big rain storm. Both almost flooded my basement big time because they knocked the power out so my sump pump iddn't do anything. Good thing my neighbor had a generator and we had about 250 feet of extension cords lol.

If all else fails, get a bucket.

It is raining and sleeting of and on and has been for two days. It needs to quit, I need to do some bag testing.

It is raining and sleeting of and on and has been for two days. It needs to quit, I need to do some bag testing.

Pssssssssh, whats a little freezing arse rain for the one and only Jacob eh? hehe

A great comedian died today. His name was Patrice O'neal. He had a stroke last month and never recovered. He had such a unique view on things. If you ever get a chance check him out.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

A great comedian died today. His name was Patrice O'neal. He had a stroke last month and never recovered. He had such a unique view on things. If you ever get a chance check him out.

I heard about that but didn't know who he was. I'll have to go look for a little of his stuff.

I heard about that but didn't know who he was. I'll have to go look for a little of his stuff.

Most of it is probably NSFW but its entertaining. A lot of it makes you think about why you think the way you do.

Pssssssssh, whats a little freezing arse rain for the one and only Jacob eh? hehe
LOL, what really funny is, I have a great cold tolerance. 40* today and I was in shorts. I cant. however, do cold rain. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back