What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+3 69

conditions were wet though.....

striking the ball well.

Shot +10 for 7 holes in really crappy weather. Windy and rain-y and cold and the course was saturated. Was getting zero distance off the tee (I probably averaged like 220 for the day) and couldn't gauge speed right. Finished up with a great par save though, stuck a long pitch shot to 1 inch.

42-40/82. Definitely winter rules out there. Hard to keep the ball clean with the washers removed for the winter. We had to be super careful with the carts on the fairways as they were spongy. Also a few stances in the sloppy areas where my feet slipped during the swing. That never works out well. Still hope to be able to get out there next weekend though.

Played in some serious wind today. Constant 37 mph winds with gusts reaching into the high 40's to low 50's. Still shot an 83. 38 on the front 9 where wind isn't so prevalent and 45 on the back 9 where the wind was absolutely taking over the ball and doing what it wanted with it.

Decent putting but nothing great. 33 putts. Two three putts five 1 putts and eleven 2 putts.

The two three putts both came on long, slick, down hill, turning putts with the wind blowing so hard it was causing the ball to break more than the slope of the green it seemed. With that being said I wasn't terribly mad about those.

Well today I picked up my clubs for the first time in over a month, and played 9 holes in cold, wet, and very windy weather. It was about a 2 to 3 club wind and combined with the cold and the heavy rain and the elevation changes at my home course, it made for some very tricky club selections. I flushed a 4 hybrid at the par 3 4th hole which was playing 155 yards, uphill and into the wind and rain, and came up a club short ect... Anyway, I shot a 41 which I thought was very good considering the conditions combined with the fact I haven't picked up a club in a month.

Was able to play four rounds over past three days. Shot 89, 90, 87, 85. Driver was dead on three of the rounds. In the third round I was +2 on back nine thru #16. The 17th is a par 3 and went in bunker off tee. Had a good uphill lie to a close pin and I went with a LW instead id SW for a reason I still can't explain. Too keep three to get out bunker and made triple. Man that ticked me off. Oh well thats golf. My chipping is showing signs of life again. Thank goodness.

TapAhoy!

+7
teeshots didnt punish me today
approach shots were an adventure
chipping/pitching was horrendous...everything was short short
putting was meh

Super lucky to play 18 yesterday (thanks wife!!!). Played a course near my parents I've never played before. Shot an 83 +11 best round this year. 2 putted every green with one 3 jack(fail). If some of those close putts would have fallen it would have been nice but overall I'm happy with an under 90 round. And I can't complain about the weather!

Tapatalk with Siri

I guess it sucks to be you! I shot 82 and I'm glad to have it!

46-42 for an 88. Pretty good considering I only hit 4 fairways and 2 greens. Didn't hit the ball well at all today.

44-39 for an 83, which is great for me, except I left quite a few strokes out there on the green. If I had cut out the three-putts, I would have broken 80. I had one of my best days off of the tee today, I made a slight adjustment with how I set up with my R11 (started hovering the head instead of grounding it before my backswing) and I started bombing them off of the center of the face with a nice controllable and accurate fade. I really hope this continues, as I usually have trouble with a slice with my driver...

Was able to play four rounds over past three days. Shot 89, 90, 87, 85. Driver was dead on three of the rounds. In the third round I was +2 on back nine thru #16. The 17th is a par 3 and went in bunker off tee. Had a good uphill lie to a close pin and I went with a LW instead id SW for a reason I still can't explain. Too keep three to get out bunker and made triple. Man that ticked me off. Oh well thats golf. My chipping is showing signs of life again. Thank goodness.

TapAhoy!
On any tricky green shots or short sided shots your thought process at your level should be make sure you get it on the green SOMEWHERE. Take a chance on draining a 10 or 12 footer instead of a tap in low percentage flop shot that you NEVER practice. That should get you to the low 80's quicker. Sounds like you are a pretty solid ball striker !

+3/39 today. Bogey on two of three par 5's for some reason and one par 4. I can't complain, this time of year with the greens frozen and not much grass to hit off of I should be happy just staying in the lower 80's.

went in to work and they didnt need me so i went out and played
tried to get 36 in but 5 holes into the last 9 it started pouring
sucks cuz my best teeshot was on the last hole
+5/+5/+9/even thru 5
3rd 9 was horrendous cuz we went to eat before hand and i took off the bandage but forgot to replace it
ripped my finger open really good on the first teeshot and couldnt hit a decent shot just thinking about protecting my finger
got a new bandage before the last 5 and played well

Played 18 early with Captain Golf today. It was the first time in a while that I remember being dialed in. I shot 74 today and hit 13 of 14 fairways and 16 of 18 GIRs. Best I had played in a long time. 38 on the front and 36 on the back. Here is the kicker. I missed 6 putts inside of 10 feet for birdie, 3 of which, rimmed out. Also had 2 three putt bogeys.

But despite what "could have been"...It was the best I have played ball striking wise in a long time. I will update the club threads with some info on what i used today.

Holy cow JB - hell of a round! Nice work!!

Would you say that the short game practice is already paying dividends?

Great round JB. Do you think practicing so hard on your short game has helped your game overall? Sure sounds like it.

Played 18 early with Captain Golf today. It was the first time in a while that I remember being dialed in. I shot 74 today and hit 13 of 14 fairways and 16 of 18 GIRs. Best I had played in a long time. 38 on the front and 36 on the back. Here is the kicker. I missed 6 putts inside of 10 feet for birdie, 3 of which, rimmed out. Also had 2 three putt bogeys.

But despite what "could have been"...It was the best I have played ball striking wise in a long time. I will update the club threads with some info on what i used today.

Heck of a round JB, good work!

how did I know that you would find your stride a couple of days before CL and I arrive hehe
Nice round, looking forward to hearing about the equipment you used.
Doesn't look like short game was needed too badly with 16/18 GIRS

Wow that is a solid round of FIR's and GIR's there. Nicely done. Did you game the SeeMore M2 or something else?

Holy crap dude. Looking forward to the equipment feedback as well!

went in to work and they didnt need me so i went out and played
tried to get 36 in but 5 holes into the last 9 it started pouring
sucks cuz my best teeshot was on the last hole
+5/+5/+9/even thru 5
3rd 9 was horrendous cuz we went to eat before hand and i took off the bandage but forgot to replace it
ripped my finger open really good on the first teeshot and couldnt hit a decent shot just thinking about protecting my finger
got a new bandage before the last 5 and played well

I hate that dude. That's the absolute worst at times.

+3/39 today. Bogey on two of three par 5's for some reason and one par 4. I can't complain, this time of year with the greens frozen and not much grass to hit off of I should be happy just staying in the lower 80's.

Thats really good Due! Nice work!

Gee, nice round JB. Can we say "In the Zone".

Thanks Yoccos, it was nice just getting out there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back