Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Nice Nick and welcome back man. Sounds like a solid work out, are you able to turn the ball right on command as well? I hit several draws today myself, problem is the shot didn't call for a draw.

That's the way Kelly, I'm with you on the full shots. I tried to move up to the golds last year during a 50 & older weekly group and just played worst. I found a lot of places on the course I'd never been.

Welcome back nick, I too wonder like duey if you are able to work the ball from left to right, I find the draw to be slightly easier to hit than the fade.

Nice Nick and welcome back man. Sounds like a solid work out, are you able to turn the ball right on command as well? I hit several draws today myself, problem is the shot didn't call for a draw.

That's the way Kelly, I'm with you on the full shots. I tried to move up to the golds last year during a 50 & older weekly group and just played worst. I found a lot of places on the course I'd never been.
My natural swimg results in a slice and i can adjust the tepement of the slice with my swing speed.

Welcome back nick, I too wonder like duey if you are able to work the ball from left to right, I find the draw to be slightly easier to hit than the fade.
from the day i started golfing i have been very prone to the slice. just this year i am now able to consistently hit the fair way off the tee. i have never been able to draw a ball until now or at least mean to.

Welcome back Nick!

Has anyone tested their gap wedge which is 49* against their previous wedge? I'm thinking of doing a little test of my Adams against my Cleveland CG16 50* to see which one is best for my bag. I had just bought the 50* right before we started testing. It also has a graphite shaft but it is wedge flex instead of "A" flex.

Has anyone tested their gap wedge which is 49* against their previous wedge? I'm thinking of doing a little test of my Adams against my Cleveland CG16 50* to see which one is best for my bag. I had just bought the 50* right before we started testing. It also has a graphite shaft but it is wedge flex instead of "A" flex.

My previous gap wedge came with the MX-300's so it was gapped for the Mizuno set. I was a True Temper R-300 shaft and I really would not game it because of these things. I am seeing about a half club more distance with the Adams so I am pretty happy with it. It would be interesting to see what you find with your comparison.

I hit the 7iron in a stiff today. It was fun I was really impressed by the numbers. These sure are easy to swing.

I hit the 7iron in a stiff today. It was fun I was really impressed by the numbers. These sure are easy to swing.
That's what I'm talking about, glad you got to hit one with the correct flex buddy.

Graphite vs graphite, this is a testing I really hope to see down the road through THP. From stiffness and feel, to trajectory, price and availability I hope we can get the entire lowdown very soon. I really believe this will make the next big benefit to my game and all of my joints will appreciate it.

I think that is a fantastic idea Duey. Lots of great options. I still get looks from people I play with for having graphite in my irons. Then I let them hit the irons and their faces light up

My gw is actually 52* (CG15) and seems pretty consistently 5 yards shorter than the 49* Adams, but that's the one club I've struggle with the most off a thin lie. From the fw or even deeper rough I like the Adams better.

I think that is a fantastic idea Duey. Lots of great options. I still get looks from people I play with for having graphite in my irons. Then I let them hit the irons and their faces light up

I would love to see some head to head testing on this, but I'm guessing that could get pretty pricey. I may just have to make a stab at these Prolaunch blues by next spring.

I have done this and there's pros and cons to both. I prefer the feel I get off the XFT but the ease of use of the Adams. I guess on chips and pitches I feel like I can pick the ball off the turf better with my original wedge. Granted it's a lot like apples and oranges since you're comparing a blade type club head to an OS where one is built for ultimate forgiveness and the other is built for player control.

Ok I've been slacking a bit on my posting and unfortunately life does get in the way sometimes but I did get some golf in this past weekend and here's my thoughts...

I played at Mission Inn this past Saturday (the El Campeon course) and there were some definite highlights to the round. First a little background... the courses around where I play are normally flat and what they call "target golf". Well this course is located a bit off the beaten path and it does have some elevation (those who have played this can attest to it). So least to say I wasn't use to the blind uphill shots that I had to pull off on some of the holes. I never had to calculate much slope in club selection prior to this round as well.

Hybrids: I think the star of the set as I've always raved about them. I looked in my home course's clubhouse and I saw that they did stock the regular A12 hybrids there and I did a "looks" comparison and they seem to be almost identical (the OS is obviously a bit larger in size and volume). They look terrific and the velocity slot is prominent. I noticed on my misses that I typically pull the ball (real easy for me due to the weight of the shaft) but I discovered that if I wanted to step on it a little that I needed to make sure I swing more out towards first base rather than second. Now this allows me to loop it better as well and I did have to hit one shot as such on my Saturday round. Not easy, mishit a touch, but the result left me with an easy pitch (which I duffed).

Transitions/Irons: These irons definitely gave me an advantage when hitting an uphill blind shot. Due to the height that I can launch the ball with these irons I wasn't afraid of cutting the hill or blading one over it. Nice high ball flight with club adjustment simply does the trick. Worst case scenario I was left a little short on some shots but nothing that would leave me reaching for a new ball. Shot of the day was a PW uphill 120 to the pin stuck to 5 feet.

The clubs are real easy to use, simple as that. I've been on the shelf for the last couple of weeks and playing this course (which I heard is one of the tougher ones in the area as well as the foreign to Florida topography that I'm not used to) I was really happy with the score I had. And it wasn't so much the score but the experience in itself. I actually got to play a fun worry free round and it was made possible by these clubs that make it easy for anyone to hit even after a decent layoff.

I have done this and there's pros and cons to both. I prefer the feel I get off the XFT but the ease of use of the Adams. I guess on chips and pitches I feel like I can pick the ball off the turf better with my original wedge. Granted it's a lot like apples and oranges since you're comparing a blade type club head to an OS where one is built for ultimate forgiveness and the other is built for player control.

THIS ^^^^ My former GW was the same XFT 50*, I think I got better feel from it, but the forgiveness I get from the Adams GW has been really amazing. I don't seem to have issues with chips and pitches being 10 feet offline anymore from hitting them on the toe.

i have compared my gaps and i have to say they have beifits in each of there own rights. my previouse gap is a cg15 50 deg. the adams gap is easier to hit off most lies bit when it gets thin i have issues getting a clean hit. i experience alot of bounce. i can also hit it about 10 to 15 yards longer. on the other hand i find it easier to close and open the face of the cg and get a clean shot. i can also put more back spin on the ball with the cg but i will give that to the agressive zip groves. i love both clubs and they each have there specific uses

Good stuff Spank, I was curious as to how the a12OS compared head to head to the a12's in person, I thought the look might be more different than simply size. Interesting on your comment on "stepping on it" as I seem to hit the slightly harder swing pretty straight without any adjustments in the swing path.

I love hitting all of these clubs, as you mention they are easy to hit, even after a lay off. Glad you had fun.

Had a long session yesterday on the range almost exclusively with the irons. Worked again on tempo and was able to find a groove to consistently hit these clubs longer than I have been lately on the course without a loss of accuracy. I am thinking I may go to a twice a week range work out instead of the once or twice every week . I am able to carry the swing to the course sometimes, but on the range I can groove the feeling of a smooth, fast (but not overly fast) swing and I love the results. As noted Monday I am still scoring pretty well with these clubs and want to find the consistency to score better.

Each of the irons was flying high and acceptably straight, GIRs on the course would have certainly been better than 50%, which I have not been doing at all lately. I hit a large bucket (approx 110-120 balls) and by swinging within myself I was not nearly as tired as I expected, I usually hit about 75-80 balls so that was a concern. These clubs are really making me think more about my swing and tempo thus causing me to swing the club better, that is a good thing for sure. I will not attempt to give an iron by iron account, but I will say that the 7I was consistently straighter and slightly longer than my 6I was with my previous set, this theme carried through the entire set all the way down to the GW.

I did not hit many hybrids as I was concentrating on the irons, but I did hit approximatley 5 hybrids and I was not seeing the distance gain over my on course shots compared to the range. However, I did not hit them back to back and probably overswung a touch as I normally think distance when I pick up the hybrid and need to work on the hybrids next range session. This is not to say that I hit the hybrids bad at all, I just did not see the results I saw with the irons during this practice time.

These clubs continue to amaze me and I again say thank you to THP and Adams Golf for allowing me to test these fine clubs.

Had a long session yesterday on the range almost exclusively with the irons. Worked again on tempo and was able to find a groove to consistently hit these clubs longer than I have been lately on the course without a loss of accuracy. I am thinking I may go to a twice a week range work out instead of the once or twice every week . I am able to carry the swing to the course sometimes, but on the range I can groove the feeling of a smooth, fast (but not overly fast) swing and I love the results. As noted Monday I am still scoring pretty well with these clubs and want to find the consistency to score better.

Each of the irons was flying high and acceptably straight, GIRs on the course would have certainly been better than 50%, which I have not been doing at all lately. I hit a large bucket (approx 110-120 balls) and by swinging within myself I was not nearly as tired as I expected, I usually hit about 75-80 balls so that was a concern. These clubs are really making me think more about my swing and tempo thus causing me to swing the club better, that is a good thing for sure. I will not attempt to give an iron by iron account, but I will say that the 7I was consistently straighter and slightly longer than my 6I was with my previous set, this theme carried through the entire set all the way down to the GW.

I did not hit many hybrids as I was concentrating on the irons, but I did hit approximatley 5 hybrids and I was not seeing the distance gain over my on course shots compared to the range. However, I did not hit them back to back and probably overswung a touch as I normally think distance when I pick up the hybrid and need to work on the hybrids next range session. This is not to say that I hit the hybrids bad at all, I just did not see the results I saw with the irons during this practice time.

These clubs continue to amaze me and I again say thank you to THP and Adams Golf for allowing me to test these fine clubs.

Good stuff DD!

As I have mentioned during my last few rounds the hybrids have been like "rockstars" mainly because I finally forced myself to quit overswinging them. What I found is that with a nice full smooth swing, I gained about 5 yards in distance and they were dead straight and held their line very well even in high wind conditons. I probably average around 35% GIR but according to Golfshot GPS my last 2 rounds I was over 65% GIR and I really attribute that to the fact that I was able to hit the green from longer distances more consitently thanks to the Adams Hybrids.

Good stuff DD!

As I have mentioned during my last few rounds the hybrids have been like "rockstars" mainly because I finally forced myself to quit overswinging them. What I found is that with a nice full smooth swing, I gained about 5 yards in distance and they were dead straight and held their line very well even in high wind conditons. I probably average around 35% GIR but according to Golfshot GPS my last 2 rounds I was over 65% GIR and I really attribute that to the fact that I was able to hit the green from longer distances more consitently thanks to the Adams Hybrids.

That is awesome on those GIRs, I don't know that I have ever done that well. I plan to put in some more time with the hybrids working on tempo, I already like them more than any I have ever hit.

That is awesome on those GIRs, I don't know that I have ever done that well. I plan to put in some more time with the hybrids working on tempo, I already like them more than any I have ever hit.

Yeah, If I could friggin putt it would have been great...LOL, I think each of my last 2 rounds had 3 or 4 Three Jacks!:banghead:

Come on down to Georgia and you, myself & KellyBo will use our Adams a12OS's to work on Ole Gray. :D

HA, me and my ole Cuzzin' takes on yall, and SMOKES ya too !

You are gonna let me hit that Adams 6H, right :act-up:

:laughing:

You testers are doing a fantastic job !

I keep ck'ing this thread .... as DawgDaddy knows, I did hit that 6h REALLY GOOD, I like it .... can't get any more new clubs right now .... but these are at/near the top of the hit list when the time comes !!

Got out for a quick 9 holes with a friend today and played from the red tees. Whoa were the Adams GREAT! Didn't keep score and didn't putt out every hole but hit the irons and hybrids better than ever. I had 6 out of 9 GIRs and believe it would have been better if I hadn't pulled my driver a few times.

• PW pitch on a par 5 to 12' from pin (GIR)
  • GW approach to 10' (GIR)
  • 5H tee shot to 10 yards short of green
  • 8i approach to 10 yards short of green
  • PW tee shot on par 3 - hit 2' from pin and rolled to 5' from pin (GIR)
  • 6 hybrid approach to 15' from pin (GIR)
  • 5 hybrid approach - hit it so good that it flew over the green and I didn't even think I had enough club to reach!
  • 4 hybrid to middle of fairway on par 5 2nd shot
  • PW chip on par 5 to 3' from pin (GIR)
  • PW approach to 10' on a par 4 (GIR)
Every shot with the irons that I hit today was just so easy. Straight and high with a soft landing. I quit taking the club too far inside and it was amazing how pure I was hitting the ball. Working on the range is helping!

Jeebus, Kelly! You are putting the ball close with those two wedges!

Jeebus, Kelly! You are putting the ball close with those two wedges!

Yes and it's so much fun having birdie opportunities! I've been making a few more lately and even sunk the putt on #9 to finish with a birdie today. I'm figuring some things out and I'm more than excited about what these clubs can do for me now that my swing is improving. Now, gotta get that driver hitting 100% fairways. Hehe

Great work everyone! The A12OS line seems to address some of the shortcomings of the A7OS.

Back