I get to test out a new Titleist Prototype golf ball

I just noticed in my email, since my tee time is 1:30, they are actually going to interview me BEFORE my round. This puts a little pressure on my to get out and play with the new balls they send prior to showing up at Woodmont. I hate to break the news to my wife: Due to previous obligations, I MUST play golf over Thanksgiving Weekend!

Thats going to take some tricky negotiation, GOOD LUCK!

That's pretty neat. I think a THP test would give them better feedback.

Well, I got the new Titleist balls today, and updated the first post with pics. I am sure there will be a lot of happy people next year. I am taking them to the course tomorrow and will update my thoughts afterwards.

Well, I got the new Titleist balls today, and updated the first post with pics. I am sure there will be a lot of happy people next year. I am taking them to the course tomorrow and will update my thoughts afterwards.

That's pretty cool Chewie. I definitely think it was wise for Titleist to come out with yellow balls, unless those are just for the testing.

Nice pics Chewie! I look forward to hearing how it performs!

Well, I didn't get my test balls today, and I'm actually playing a round tomorrow. Not sure how my weekend is shaping up for playing, but I will be forced to squeeze in some golf before my round with Titleist on the 30th.

I'm surprised to see Titleist go with yellow balls. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on them, enjoy!!!

Good luck with these. I got to test them last year. Went well for 3 rounds, then I lost them all. I did review them for them however. They were 'ok' not my favorite ball though. Enjoy!

If that is a yellow ProV1 my dad will be in heaven, he is a old school titleist ball die hard and always complains they dont have yellow prov1's so I think he will get pretty excited when I show him these pics.

My titleist balls came today as well. I was surprised when I opened the box because they were white.

I was anticipating yellow.

In the email survey they asked what was your regular ball, and I replied QStar Yellow.

I was going to post some pictures but I apparently don't have rights to do so.

I never expected to see a Titleist golf ball. I think I remember seeing Titleist reply to a tweet once by saying that we shouldn't expect a yellow Titleist ball. Could we maybe see a yellow ProV1/V1x next year!?!

I like the idea of yellow. Good to see Titleist is looking into it.

Thats cool. I would love to see a yellow Prov1/x.

My guess is that it is an NXT

I just got home from my round today, and my Titleist test balls were waiting on me. Mine are white also, but for whatever they asked us in the survey I told them I do not play a yellow ball.

I'm wondering if they have a couple versions of the prototypes, or if they only vary in color.

My guess would be just color differences, but I am sure they have a log of who got what. I hit some shots with them today, and I definitely could tell a difference when I switched back to either a Srixon Z-Star, or Bridgestone B330-RX. The Titleist are now quite as soft as the other two, and I felt like i was getting a little more side spin. When I hit it with my Cleveland CG Driver, I definitely could tell a difference in what I am used to with my B330-Rxs. My guess right now, is that it may be a ProV1, but that is simply based on how they felt with my driver and around the green.

I found it very interesting that I received an email today with a link to another forum. A member on that forum had these pictures taken by Chewie with a watermark on them for that forum. Im sure its the way the photo uploader works, but I never like seeing someone else's work taken and watermarked.

Rant over.

I found it very interesting that I received an email today with a link to another forum. A member on that forum had these pictures taken by Chewie with a watermark on them for that forum. Im sure its the way the photo uploader works, but I never like seeing someone else's work taken and watermarked.

Rant over.

That is super lame. On another note...Optic Yellow=Winning :)

Rant over.

hahaha....lame!

Rant over.

Super lame!!!

Sounds like someones jealous.

Back on topic though. I'm interested in the marketing for this ball

isnt there a dt roll already in yellow?

Looking forward to your thoughts on these chewie.

Back