TaylorMade Putters - Everything You Wanted to Know

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back with an all new episode this week as we talk with TaylorMade Golf about their putter line.

This Episode Features:
TaylorMade’s reasoning for white putters
Belly Putters and how they help
Getting fit for a belly putter
And much much more.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15303

Really nice piece. I am a fan of the TM putters. I bought a Corza ghost when it first came out and enjoyed it. I was considering converting my ghost to belly length but after listening it doesn't seem that it would work out because of the weighting. The Belly Spider was my first choice for belly putters after sampling all that they had at the local golf retailer the other day. Have thought about that putter everyday since I hit it..

Thanks to Mike from TaylorMade Golf for joining JB on the show!!

Loved immediately hearing the discussion to the belly putter - right up my alley. Funny talk about the hole in the Corza; JB - I will remember that all putts within 5 feet are good if I make the Morgan Cup. LOL

Not surprising to hear about the sales on the Ghost Spider - I really enjoyed rolling that within the last week in the belly model. That putter just sets up VERY nice.

6 weeks until some new putters....hybrid putter? I am intrigued to see what they are coming up with. Innovation never stops.

I like what TM is doing with the fitting options. That is a smart move that will help any amateur that is interested as I think too many just go into a shop and start rolling one and fit themselves to the putter instead of having the putter fitted to them.

• Admin
Here is something funny about the hole in the putter part of the interview. Moira (LPGAer played with last week) can pick up the ball at anytime with the Corza without blinking an eye.

Here is something funny about the hole in the putter part of the interview. Moira (LPGAer played with last week) can pick up the ball at anytime with the Corza without blinking an eye.

Really? I can't tell you how many times I tried and just ended up rolling the ball around the green.

• Admin
Really? I can't tell you how many times I tried and just ended up rolling the ball around the green.

I have seen people do it once or twice here and there, but it works for her every single time.

Ha - that's funny! Heading up to the PGA SS in a few hours so I gotta try and see what the fuss is all about.

can't wait to listen to this one....the second topic has me intrigued the most

I totally enjoyed this show and everything said about the Ghost Belly putter is true! I have had mine for over two months and absolutely love it and would feel lost without it. There is nothing worse than having your career best ball striking day and then sucking on the greens. Try a Ghost Belly putter if you are having trouble with the flat stick and I am sure you will be smiling like me. :eek:)

Just finished listening, great show!

I never knew that the white trend started with the Corza, but it makes sense. Having gamed the Corza for a while, framing the ball with the 3 black lines was a very helpful alignment tool.

As far as being fit properly for a belly putter, i have to wonder how many people have knocked them or said they don't work weren't properly fit for one? Interesting.

That was entertaining, I was wondering how you got fit for a belly if you had a little belly, now I know. Great job today JB!

what a great show. I am very intrigued by the TM offerings coming up. While I dont know if I want to invest in a belly putter, it certainly has sparked my interest. I may have to go to the course and test one out.

Taylormade is #2 in the putter market? Good work by them. I have my own quibbles with Taylormade's putter offerings, but the Ghost Spider is really nice. And it works perfectly with the ideas of a belly putter.

Nice show. I found it interesting that he mentioned leveling off with a standard Putter, yet you continue to grow better with a belly. I may have to experiment with that idea.

Tap,Tap,Tap

LOL - I wonder what my 'belly circumfrence" is?

I'm just not interested in a belly putter right now. I have no feelings against them and I'll never say never, but I don't have any plans on moving to one. Tons of very good info for those folks in the market though. Thanks JB!

LOL - I wonder what my 'belly circumfrence" is?

I'm just not interested in a belly putter right now. I have no feelings against them and I'll never say never, but I don't have any plans on moving to one. Tons of very good info for those folks in the market though. Thanks JB!

Belly measuring...

Oh, I know what it meant. I meant my own personal belly circumfrence. I don't know if I want to know.

Loved the show, great info JB and great timing as I'm looking too get one soon and i bet many more are as-well!

Great show, thank you for covering this. I have a Corza Ghost and love it. I have tried a bunch of putters over the years and I love this one.

Not sure how someone is consistently picking up a ball with that putter. I have tried a few times to pick the ball up but just push the ball around the green; I have not been able to master that skill yet. Perhaps I should just hit it in the hole more often and then I would not have to worry about it.

Just saw that TaylorMade Golf tweeted this, pretty cool for a very informative show!

I have a question for Taylormade that I wish would be answered one day. Why the hell no CS Fontana in white in the U.S.????????

How in the world does she do it. I tried once and flung the ball into a greenside bunker.

Halfway through the show and it's pretty cool so far. Loving the insight on the Spider line.

Great show, I have met Mike and witnessed him putt before, he's good alright! While I don't see myself ever using a belly putter I am not blind and see them everywhere right now. I think the Spider Belly looks like a heck of a great putter and expect to see big things out of this one. Heck the Spider putters in general are selling like hotcakes and TMaG really seems to have a winner on their hands. Great show, thanks!

How in the world does she do it. I tried once and flung the ball into a greenside bunker.

Halfway through the show and it's pretty cool so far. Loving the insight on the Spider line.

That is why they get paid the big bucks.

Great show, I have met Mike and witnessed him putt before, he's good alright! While I don't see myself ever using a belly putter I am not blind and see them everywhere right now. I think the Spider Belly looks like a heck of a great putter and expect to see big things out of this one. Heck the Spider putters in general are selling like hotcakes and TMaG really seems to have a winner on their hands. Great show, thanks!

He was great to have on the show. Just a wealth of knowledge.

Another great show but I am looking forward to JB and GG doing another one together. The guests have been great but I do enjoy the banter between the two of you.

Back