What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long at all really, somewhere around 2 rounds and putting with it on carpet for like 5 minutes daily. Just pick it up whenever i walk by it and take a swing type of thing. It surprised me how natural it felt to me.
Must be nice! I've got over 500 putts in and I am still adjusting.

Played yesterday at Lonnie Poole which is the NC State home course. It is a really tough course and I had a nice sized hangover and 1 hour of sleep. Started with a triple,bogey,bogey,double. Played much better on the back nine though and managed an 88. Finally felt on the back 9 that my swing was coming into shape. Had 37 putts also which is craptastic. Lots of work for me to do. I'm considering a green reading lesson

You have to get better at playing hungover Capt. You know at the MC Captains can't go to bed till after 11 PM.

You have to get better at playing hungover Capt. You know at the MC Captains can't go to bed till after 11 PM.

That's a good point. Chunky's weakness has been exposed!

Nice going hawk, but 10 to 15 mph wind under 40* is darn cold.

Keep at it chunky, that swing will level out.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Shot my 3rd 79 of my last 6 rounds, I am always happy to break 80, used 32 putts total after 3 putting the 1st hole, I just don't hit enough GIR. 92% FIR and only 44% GIR, that is pretty poor for driving the ball that well. Only hit 1 par 3 in regulation so I really need to tighten up on those. I played our silver tees that play in the 6100 range +/- 50 yards.

Had a great round today. And the best part is, we beat this nasty weather. It started dumping as soon as we finished 18. Anyway, had a blast, saw some spectacular golf and played well myself. Went out in 38 and came home in 37, for a 75. No birdies today for me. That kind of sucked but I made 3 bogeys and 15 pars so that's cool. I hit the ball great off the tee, hitting 13/14 fwys, and had another nice round with the R11 irons, hitting 11/18 gir's. Didn't putt great b/c I couldn't hole a thing but had tons of tap in pars. I witnessed a fella shoot a 64 today and that was without a doubt the best golf I've ever seen played by someone in my group. What an unreal experience that was. This dude never even sniffed a bogey. He said I hit the ball very well and that I'm a warm putter away from some sub par rounds, so that was cool.

Had a great round today. And the best part is, we beat this nasty weather. It started dumping as soon as we finished 18. Anyway, had a blast, saw some spectacular golf and played well myself. Went out in 38 and came home in 37, for a 75. No birdies today for me. That kind of sucked but I made 3 bogeys and 15 pars so that's cool. I hit the ball great off the tee, hitting 13/14 fwys, and had another nice round with the R11 irons, hitting 11/18 gir's. Didn't putt great b/c I couldn't hole a thing but had tons of tap in pars. I witnessed a fella shoot a 64 today and that was without a doubt the best golf I've ever seen played by someone in my group. What an unreal experience that was. This dude never even sniffed a bogey. He said I hit the ball very well and that I'm a warm putter away from some sub par rounds, so that was cool.

sweet round buddy. He's dead on about the warm putter part too.

solid 75 TC, wow a 64, thats crazy.

how long was the course?

Nice round dude. That really sounds like fun. 64 is way way low.

Nice round there TC. Wow a 64? This must have been a really decent golfer. Was it Ole Gray?

solid 75 TC, wow a 64, thats crazy.

how long was the course?

6,569 yards from the Blue tees (one up from the tips). He humbled us by playing from there. I watched the guy drive the green on #10, #11, and on the par 5 12th, he hit driver, 7 iron. I've never seen anyone come close to getting on that par 5 in two. One-T, Setho, and dmb012 can attest to that.

Nice round there TC. Wow a 64? This must have been a really decent golfer. Was it Ole Gray?

It was Ole Gray. That Turdleist is a cannon dude.

6,569 yards from the Blue tees (one up from the tips). He humbled us by playing from there. I watched the guy drive the green on #10, #11, and on the par 5 12th, he hit driver, 7 iron. I've never seen anyone come close to getting on that par 5 in two. One-T, Setho, and dmb012 can attest to that.

dang thats solid, a 64 from any set of tees is pretty freaking good..was this the round with Robbie from Big Break I recall reading?

It was Ole Gray. That Turdleist is a cannon dude.

Shoot! Now I have to re-OEM that driver. AGAIN!

dang thats solid, a 64 from any set of tees is pretty freaking good..was this the round with Robbie from Big Break I recall reading?

Yeah dude. What a machine that guy is. Hits the ball a mile and can flat out roll the ball. His short game (which cost him on the show) was nasty. If he missed a green, he would chip it up to like an inch. Unreal. He doesn't just hit greens in regulation either, he's all over the stick. I thought I played pretty good, and he shot 11 strokes better, LOL.

He would just bomb tee shots over doglegs and carve that crap out of the ball. It was neat to watch.

This makes me smile dude! You're a warm putter away from TMod sleeping on your air mattress! Nice round brude!!!

This makes me smile dude! You're a warm putter away from TMod sleeping on your air mattress! Nice round brude!!!

I would've broken par if you were sleeping on my air mattress. No doubt about it.

That is some MC preparation right there. Losing to under par is never a bad thing (I did it to two girls this weekend). Its called working under pressure and Team THP is ready.

That is some MC preparation right there. Losing to under par is never a bad thing (I did it to two girls this weekend). Its called working under pressure and Team THP is ready.

That's how we roll!

I pity the fools who have to play us.

Great round TC and I agree with JB, that's stepping your game up for sure. It's always fun playing with really good players, but I've never played with anyone who shot a 64. That's incredible.

Yeah dude. What a machine that guy is. Hits the ball a mile and can flat out roll the ball. His short game (which cost him on the show) was nasty. If he missed a green, he would chip it up to like an inch. Unreal. He doesn't just hit greens in regulation either, he's all over the stick. I thought I played pretty good, and he shot 11 strokes better, LOL.

He would just bomb tee shots over doglegs and carve that crap out of the ball. It was neat to watch.

so I talked to you today and you failed ot mention you played with him.

Great round TC! Feels good to have someone tell you that you are on the verge of shooting red numbers doesn't it? Means your game is really solid and if one little area improves, you could be scary good! I am jealous of that round man. I can't believe he hit that thing in two! Really takes some courage as well as execution.

Edit: In two with a 7 iron approach is what I meant to say. Freaking guy is nasty long it sounds.

so I talked to you today and you failed ot mention you played with him.

Sorry dude, thought the uncle daddy drama was more interesting. I played with him and some dudes from Bryan Easler. He's buddies with the owner. Cool guys, good golfers.

Great round TC, which cat was it?

Robbie Biershank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back