What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 shot 35. Bogeyed 1 and Birdied 8. 7/7 FIR, 4/9 GIR, 13 Putts.

Great rounds in here today!! Congrats on the putting war.eagle: outstanding!

Today was the 2nd day of the Presidents Cup of my club. Today was singles with two 9 hole matches. As usual my nerves got to me on the first few holes and I started bogey, double, and quickly down by 2 holes.

Pulled my act together and have everything squared up after 5. Lose the 6th hole and tie it back up on the 8th. Pin high on the 490 yard 9th (par 5) in 2 and left with 12 yards to a short sided pin over a bunker from a dead pan lie. Yep....flubbed it into the bunker and against the lip. Good out leaves me 15 feet for par and everyone thought it was in but it stayed out. Competitor 2 putted for par and I lose that match.

Get it going on the back and win that one 3&2.

Final tallies:

Score: 79 (41-38)
Putts: 33

Missed a ton of birdies within 15-20 feet but ball striking was solid after 90 minutes on the range this morning before the matches started. Figured out some stuff.

All in all, it was a good time but my team lost 15 1/2 to 14 1/2. What could have been if I did not hose number 9!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice round Cookie, a 79 in competition play is solid!

82 today with 1 triple 2 doubles 1 Bird. Get rid of those 3 holes and I'm off to the races !!!! Too bad I still have to work !!!! If I could play the next 3 days in a row, I could be somebody !!!!!

shot 78(+6) today playing in a golf channel tour thing.....first time breaking 80, heck was my best round by 7 strokes! a lot of credit to my new r11 irons and taylormade belly putter

shot 78(+6) today playing in a golf channel tour thing.....first time breaking 80, heck was my best round by 7 strokes! a lot of credit to my new r11 irons and taylormade belly putter

Way to go!! Getting your PB in a tourney is awesome.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Congrats! Thats a hell of a round. How long did it take you to adjust to the belly putter?

I'm glad you were able to get out, Craig. I know you don't get out as much as you'd like and your scores are pretty decent despite that.
Thanks Smalls, I hit some good drives and did nothing with them. Had 5 shots from 100 yards today, 2 times I hit it a little heavy and came up short then the next 3 times I hit a groove low and it flew the green. 70+ degrees, sunny and a good cigar, what more could you ask for.

76 today. I didn't strike the ball real well, but a couple of the tees were moved forward. That probably dropped a few strokes for me.

Some great rounds today guys. This thread kills me because I can't play with the weather being crappy (we've got 4" of snow right now). Hearing your guys' scores make me want to play so bad.

SHot a 43 on 9 today. Not the greatest round and my migraine didn't help, but I was playing 9 no matter what due to the holiday week. My chipping killed me on hole 3 with a dble, but I did chip in from off the green on 7 for birdie. Solid ball striking for the most part, just off a little on the short game.

Played http://www.mattaponisprings.com/sites/courses/newpage.asp?id=222&page=4140 from the back tees yesterday and shot an 85. 9/14 FIR and 31 putts (2 three jacks). 6 GIR allowed for a lot of up and down practice. Ryan #2 would have shot an 80. I had a quad on the par 5 second thanks to some errant shots. I did get to watch my buddy shoot a 74 and picked up some pointers along the way.

90 - 46/44

It was freaking cold! The gauge read 37° when I was driving to the course haha. I blew number nine with a nasty triple that sort of sunk my spirits for 5 holes. Good news was that I finished with three straight pars and GIR's.

I need to stop taking stupid shots and stick with the course management thing.

90 - 46/44

It was freaking cold! The gauge read 37° when I was driving to the course haha. I blew number nine with a nasty triple that sort of sunk my spirits for 5 holes. Good news was that I finished with three straight pars and GIR's.

Way to finish out strong dude. Walking away on a positive always makes the post round beverage a little colder.

Yea, I all of a sudden got this smooth swing that I couldn't miss with. I wish I could bottle it for later.

NIce finish to your round Hawk! It was about the same temps here and I passed today!

Yea, I all of a sudden got this smooth swing that I couldn't miss with. I wish I could bottle it for later.

I'd buy some.

I was the same yesterday on the back, couldn't find my swing for :poop: Came to 18 and just said screw it, I'm playing this mother my way. Walked off after draining a 25' foot par putt.

I john daly'd the 18th today 4 in the water right, 2 left. Found a range ball n bladed it 10 yards over the green inti water. I ran out of balls. That's how today went

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

The nice thing was that the wind wasn't as awful as it had been -10-15mph. Of course, I picked the course that is literally the windiest in the area. Oh well.

The most interesting thing today was that there were guys in airplanes buzzing me all day. Some couldn't have been more than 50 feet off the ground. They were doing air show routines and it scared the bejeebus out of me at first.

Congrats! Thats a hell of a round. How long did it take you to adjust to the belly putter?

Not long at all really, somewhere around 2 rounds and putting with it on carpet for like 5 minutes daily. Just pick it up whenever i walk by it and take a swing type of thing. It surprised me how natural it felt to me.

90 - 46/44

I wouldn't even know how to dress in weather that cold. Nice finish Hawk.

+5 24 pts for 12 holes.

7 of us played yesterday and what a laugh it was.i had one blob on the 8th with a double bogey 5,2 duffed chips but other than that i was pleased with how i was hitting the ball.

I think it was close to a bizillion, not sure.

Played yesterday at Lonnie Poole which is the NC State home course. It is a really tough course and I had a nice sized hangover and 1 hour of sleep. Started with a triple,bogey,bogey,double. Played much better on the back nine though and managed an 88. Finally felt on the back 9 that my swing was coming into shape. Had 37 putts also which is craptastic. Lots of work for me to do. I'm considering a green reading lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back