Morgan Cup Fence riders....Get your videos in!!!

OK, I need help with a "ruling" here. My current USGA Ghin handicap is a 21. Most of my rounds, (6 of my current 10 being computed to get to this 21), are at my regular course. It just recently had the slope & rating re-evaluated and it went from a 68.8/118 to a 68.9/124 from the tees I play from. Only 1 of the 6 rounds being used to compute my 21 handicap from this course are using the new rating/slope. The course was undoubetly the same difficulty now as it was when I recorded the other 5 scores under the old rating. If I go back and calculate my handicap using the new rating/slope for all rounds at this course used for my handicap it drops to a 17. Is this fair for reasons of entering the MC or should I go with my actual GHIN website handicap #?

If you feel as though you are an 18 or better and the slope change shows that you are, go for it. The more the merrier.

While my handicap qualifies I need to get more posts in. I spend to much time reading and not enough time posting. I am going to try and get to the next available Demo Day. I think if I meet some people involved and can put a face to a name I would be more comfortable joining in on some conversations. Good luck to all and I hope tons of videos show up at the end. I get excited reading about these events and I hope they are available next year when my post count should allow me to enter. Thanks to all the sponsors and THP! I think it is wonderful what they are doing.

I'm submitting videos. Practicing like hell. Taking a series of lessons and hoping for the best.

Tapatalk
This is a really, really great post. That's awesome Frankangotti, good luck.

how many 'alternates' will be chosen, and will they be announced ?

You 'KNOW' that some 'life' situation will cause someone(s) to have to drop out, sad but true. I'm sure that THP and the sponsors will be/should be prepared by have 'alternates' chosen and standing by.

Just wondering, Thanks.

While my handicap qualifies I need to get more posts in. I spend to much time reading and not enough time posting. I am going to try and get to the next available Demo Day. I think if I meet some people involved and can put a face to a name I would be more comfortable joining in on some conversations. Good luck to all and I hope tons of videos show up at the end. I get excited reading about these events and I hope they are available next year when my post count should allow me to enter. Thanks to all the sponsors and THP! I think it is wonderful what they are doing.

bert, contact GolferGal via PM and be put on the very short waiting list for the 2012 Outing & demo day. You may get in pretty quickly and we would love to have you.

Thanks war.eagle! I'm really close...I'll be there

This is a really, really great post. That's awesome Frankangotti, good luck.

I think both sides have their hearts in the right places and I dont believe anybody is questioning anybody else. The post was made because there were/are so few talking about what some consider to be a tremendous opportunity. Very few entries and right now some are wondering why. Nobody would ever say "dont worry about job or dont worry about money". It was about submitting something to support the Morgan Cup so that when things change, there might be another one that you can attend.

Without entries, the MC wont continue. Does it hurt to create a video? For some maybe time is not there or they do not care about it. For others that might want to be in one in the future, without entries for this, there wont be another one. That much we can assure everybody. If someone submits and gets chosen and they cannot attend, so be it, it was worth the support in my opinion and a chance at something like this. If they dont get chosen, it happens and know you just contributed a small amount of time to making sure an event like this might continue.

That is all that I saw being said, and while I may have a bias, and want to see people get an opportunity to get to enjoy this, I understand feelings that life gets in the way sometimes. I just hope people look at things from the outside in on this one.

At work if a job opens we bid on the position. I've bid on jobs I knew I couldn't accept at that time. If the job us offered to you you accept or decline. Same thing with the MC imo. It's good for interview practice, good that you show interest. If you're reading this, please enter. You could always decline the invitation if circumstances don't allow you to go. Correct me if I am wrong jb.

Good post. I TOTALLY want to enter but the criteria of 18 or less handicap is my hurdle. I am a couple of low rounds away from this #. I will be taking my video camera with me this weekend, if I can post the #'s I need I will have Dr. Teeth help me shoot my vids and totally be sending in my entries. If not, I will wish the others good luck and hope for next year.

OK, I need help with a "ruling" here. My current USGA Ghin handicap is a 21. Most of my rounds, (6 of my current 10 being computed to get to this 21), are at my regular course. It just recently had the slope & rating re-evaluated and it went from a 68.8/118 to a 68.9/124 from the tees I play from. Only 1 of the 6 rounds being used to compute my 21 handicap from this course are using the new rating/slope. The course was undoubetly the same difficulty now as it was when I recorded the other 5 scores under the old rating. If I go back and calculate my handicap using the new rating/slope for all rounds at this course used for my handicap it drops to a 17. Is this fair for reasons of entering the MC or should I go with my actual GHIN website handicap #?

Send in your videos bro. If you are playing to an 18 now, and you have almost a year to practice for this event, surely your HC will be below that by the time of TMC. It's not like you are a 36 and saying "I am gonna try", you are right there already. You would be surprised how quickly you can drop your HC.

I'm submitting videos. Practicing like hell. Taking a series of lessons and hoping for the best. Tapatalk

That is awesome Frank! Good luck with the videos and being selected!

One last bump for last minute videos.

Anyone needing any help just send me a pm. I can't act in videos but you can run ideas past me

Great post Tadashi. I knew when I was watching the MC #1 earlier this year that I had to try and be a part of the next one. It looks to be a one of those lifetime experiences you will cherish forever. How often have we as golfers thought about being on the PGA? Well this is the closest many of us will have to that. Of course I haven't given up on my fairytale dream of the PGA tour which I know will never happen but with the MC 2 I can hang out with other dreamers, play some great courses, use some phenomenal equipment and feel just like a professional minus the fat paycheck. But the memories of playing in the MC would be just as rewarding. I said all that to say get your videos in because time is running short. I wanted to be a part of the MC so badly I learned how to post a video to YouTube. My first ever. With the help of a.great THP'er it actually worked. He knows who he is and I owe him.

Thanks for the opportunity THP and participating companies.

Cheers and good luck to everyone.

TapAhoy!

Great post Tadashi. I knew when I was watching the MC #1 earlier this year that I had to try and be a part of the next one. It looks to be a one of those lifetime experiences you will cherish forever. How often have we as golfers thought about being on the PGA? Well this is the closest many of us will have to that. Of course I haven't given up on my fairytale dream of the PGA tour which I know will never happen but with the MC 2 I can hang out with other dreamers, play some great courses, use some phenomenal equipment and feel just like a professional minus the fat paycheck. But the memories of playing in the MC would be just as rewarding. I said all that to say get your videos in because time is running short. I wanted to be a part of the MC so badly I learned how to post a video to YouTube. My first ever. With the help of a.great THP'er it actually worked. He knows who he is and I owe him.

TapAhoy!

Nice post SMG.. I hope you make it to the MC!!!

TapAhoy!

I'm glad you are trying for this SMG. Having been on your team at the last outing I would love to have you on Team Hackers. What a scramble partner you would be with just your green reading abilities alone! Good luck

I think there is going to be a mad dash tomorrow to get these things done. Wishing you all luck and can't wait to see what you've come up with.

I think there is going to be a mad dash tomorrow to get these things done. Wishing you all luck and can't wait to see what you've come up with.
Hawk, I had so much trouble just trying figure out how to use the technology, i.e., make the video...I think I'm at least a 30 handicap in THAT department. Oy vey!

I think it's something that some of us take for granted since we grew up on the computer. If it makes you feel better, I'd rather be a better golfer than know as much as I do about the internet haha.

I am much more confident in my golf game than I am in my video skill. Thank goodness this is golf forum and not one for videophiles.

TapAhoy!

Hawk, I had so much trouble just trying figure out how to use the technology, i.e., make the video...I think I'm at least a 30 handicap in THAT department. Oy vey!

Really good point Hawk and Sean. I forget sometimes how intimidating technology can be. I see it often at school with the older teachers. They get pissed when new technology comes along and they have to adapt. Then I try to remind myself how different these things are when you have had them your entire life.

I got mine made yesterday, so today will be edit and turn in day. I post this here because this is where I voiced not being able to go, but there is simply nothing I want to do more right now than make this team and join my brothers/sisters of THP at the second ever Morgan Cup. It may take selling my boat, excess golf equipment, girl friend and cat to get there, but I will find a way. Over this last 2 1/2 years I've been lucky enough to be a part of and see the unbelievable growth of this great site and NOTHING would make me happier than to be apart of its history through the Morgan Cup.

I can only hope my editing skills are even remotely workable because my camera skills simply suck, haha

I got mine made yesterday, so today will be edit and turn in day. I post this here because this is where I voiced not being able to go, but there is simply nothing I want to do more right now than make this team and join my brothers/sisters of THP at the second ever Morgan Cup. It may take selling my boat, excess golf equipment, girl friend and cat to get there, but I will find a way. Over this last 2 1/2 years I've been lucky enough to be a part of and see the unbelievable growth of this great site and NOTHING would make me happier than to be apart of its history through the Morgan Cup.

I can only hope my editing skills are even remotely workable because my camera skills simply suck, haha

Sell the cat kept the girl and rent the boat for the summer.....hehehe
I hope you get in due!

I have become one wwith imovie in the last several months first putting my rehearsal dinner video together and now doing.these.videos

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Good news, duey!

Sell the cat kept the girl and rent the boat for the summer.....hehehe
I hope you get in due!

Thanks buddy. Great idea, but the cat and GF just eat me out of house and home, lol

Tap,Tap,Tap

I'm a 7 HC golfer, and a 36 HC video producer too Sean. I'm just happy to be a part of the MC entry process. I had fun with it.

Yay Duey!

Back