PING Golf Bag Forum Testing Thread

I like DXU's reviews style, I think I will format my future reviews in a similar manner.
He did a GREAT JOB didn't he !!

Nicely done dubbledxu !!!!!

I'll be loading up the bag tonight and using the ClicGear cart tomorrow afternoon. So I will have a good write-up/pics/and videos this weekend.
WOOOOOT this is sure to be good too !!!

Outstanding review doubledxu!!! That was the epitome of thorough - now I just need to digest it all. Not even in the market for a stand bag and that was an enjoyable read!

Tappin' from the iPhone!
It was VERY GOOD wasn't it !!

Great review D! The water bottle pocket would bother me one bit since I dont use it but I can see how it would be tough getting it out, valid concern IMO. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the kind words guys, glad I could help

Excellent review, dubbledxu

And, for the record, pockets do matter when it comes to golf bags. In my mind, they are as important to a stand bag as the weight.

Great review D! The water bottle pocket would bother me one bit since I dont use it but I can see how it would be tough getting it out, valid concern IMO. Keep up the great work.

That's the great things about golf bags, what matters to one, may not matter to someone else. Like I mentioned, the target audience for the 4 Series has to be the player looking for light weight over storage.

Nice write up and video dxu. Great info on the water bottle pocket issue.

Great reviews,vids, and pictures so far guys! Embrace the drawl JR its part of you...haha.

Great review doubledxu. Don't apologize for being critical; that's what we expect you to do. That water bottle holder is a serious issue to me, and its one reason I have stayed away from Ping bags in the past. Keep it up!

Great review doubledxu. Don't apologize for being critical; that's what we expect you to do. That water bottle holder is a serious issue to me, and its one reason I have stayed away from Ping bags in the past. Keep it up!

I have no problem being critical during testing if it is justified, read any of my previous testing threads as evidence to that. Like I said, the water bottle pocket location was great on my previous Ping Hoofer so it is not ALL Ping bags. Again, I'm only reviewing one bag of their lineup and maybe I'm in the minority that uses that one pocket very often.

dubbledxu that was a very in depth first review and was full of great info. I totally understand about the water bottle pocket and not being able to reach it while walking, it would of course not be a deal breaker if you love everything else about the bag, but that is something I would probably not think about while I was in the store. I am in Hawk pondering mode on a carry bag and this thread came at just the right time and I am following you guys closely.

Just got back from a quick nine. I thought I would jot down a few thoughts from today-- nothing in-depth, just a note of what I am seeing.

-- I am having a few snagging issues with the bag. May re-arrange the clubs. I only use 12 clubs though, so this may become an issue.
-- In addition, the flexible bottom of the bag can make it difficult to remove clubs placed in the lowest division. Gonna look at this more, and I will report back.
-- Still quite nice to carry. Carried mostly one strapped today and had few problems.
-- The ball pouches are quite accessible while carrying two-strapped, though much less so single-strapped.
-- Stand system is working well from a variety of different lies.

Thanks for sharing JR. Looking forward to seeing how you can resolve some of the problems. Let us know when you do!

Great videos Jacob and dubledxu! Those are some really nice looking bags.

Just got back from a quick nine. I thought I would jot down a few thoughts from today-- nothing in-depth, just a note of what I am seeing.

-- I am having a few snagging issues with the bag. May re-arrange the clubs. I only use 12 clubs though, so this may become an issue.

How would this become an issue ? less clubs, more room, no ? maybe it's just that I don't fully comprehend the problem, that's easy for me to understand :)

-- In addition, the flexible bottom of the bag can make it difficult to remove clubs placed in the lowest division. Gonna look at this more, and I will report back.

Is it possible to see pictures of this ? or a video ? I don't 'carry' so I don't fully understand about the 'flexible bottom'

-- Still quite nice to carry. Carried mostly one strapped today and had few problems.
-- The ball pouches are quite accessible while carrying two-strapped, though much less so single-strapped.
-- Stand system is working well from a variety of different lies.

Good to hear that it's working well on various lies. I know my pull cart (it's the old type, 2 wheel pull behind) is particular about being parked on certain slopes.

Thanks for the report !!

Good to hear that it's working well on various lies. I know my pull cart (it's the old type, 2 wheel pull behind) is particular about being parked on certain slopes.

Thanks for the report !!

Omikey,

My Bandwidth limit is almost reached for my internet, so until it drops I cant do any heavy surfing or uploading, but in a day or two when it drops back down I will post pics or vid to show you.

Basically, the sturdy base of the bag is designed so the it will flex, allowing the base to sit flat even when it is tilted over in the "standing" position. This is causing some snagging issues. Also, in reference to your first question, I am annoyed that I am seeing snagging while only using 12 clubs.

ddx - that was a very thorough video. Well done and should be pretty handy for the bag shoppers out there!

Omikey,

My Bandwidth limit is almost reached for my internet, so until it drops I cant do any heavy surfing or uploading, but in a day or two when it drops back down I will post pics or vid to show you.

No problem !

Basically, the sturdy base of the bag is designed so the it will flex, allowing the base to sit flat even when it is tilted over in the "standing" position. This is causing some snagging issues. Also, in reference to your first question, I am annoyed that I am seeing snagging while only using 12 clubs.
OHHHHH I see what you mean, yeah, that could become a real issue .... problems with 12, what will happen when you put two more in the bag ???

That is the goofiest looking thing I have ever seen on a golf bag since Al Crevik played Bushwood. It looks like something that an astronaut would use to empty his bladder. They should've at leat made it black or red to complement the bags color combination.

I went back and looked at this thing today, because my buddy was telling me how well he likes his dedicated putter well on his cart bag. I bet they went with the gray color because it was the only color (other than black) that matched all the other available color schemes Ping offers for the Latitude. The positioning of it is the most curious to me, interested to see how usable the slots are next to it are though.

Ping golf bag testing 11/19-11/20
Latitude Stand Bag
Sorry, I stole dubbledxu format since it is so good.

Looks: A
I really like the look of this bag. The colors are bold and vibrant. They aren’t washed out like I have seen with otherbags in the past. The little subtlecolor varieties on the bag make everything stand out brilliantly. This is definitely the nicest looking bag I haveever used. I have gotten a few commentson the looks also.

Weight/Stand/Strap: B+
I have not walked the course with the bag yet but the weightseems on par with other similar bags. Itried the straps once and they are very comfortable. The stand is really nice and verysturdy. Once I am able to walk someholes with the bag I will be able to comment more.

Club Storage / Removal: C+
So far I am giving the bag a lower score for the storage ofthe clubs. The irons get bunched up abit in the slots and sometimes you need to wiggle when pretty good to get themall the way down. It was like this in ariding cart and also the ClicGear 3.0. It’s not truly any worse than other stand bags with the same amount ofdividers. I am going to try a few different configurations to see what worksbest.
The one thing I am not liking though is the putter well. It is not a full length divider. So the club goes at weird angles and bindswith the clubs next to it. From top tobottom the putter well is at least 35in straight down, and at an angle thatincreases. I do like how it protects the putter head from the other clubs. I do wish they made it a true putter well soI could add something to accommodate my short putter and it would also helpwith some of the club binding.

Pockets: A+
I really love the pockets. There is so much storage. I canfit everything I need and more. I likethe size of the valuables pouch. I lovehow the range finder pocket is not labeled. I feel it makes it less likely someone would steal it in the parkinglot. The pockets are really roomy. The zippers seem well made. Everything is easily accessible. The drink pouch is also very nice. I would have loved to see a cooler pouch toput some adult beverages but it is not really that important in a stand bag.

Cart Performance: A+
I like how this bag works in a riding cart. There was absolutely no bag rotation orsagging/falling. The base fits perfectlyand the cart strap was easy to put on. This is definitely the best stand bag I have ever used in a cart.
ClicGear 3.0 Performance: A+
This bag worked great for the ClicGear. Easy to attached, sits perfectly, and everypocket is accessible.

The only thing I really wished this bag had is a Velcro patchto attach my gloves. I’ve noticed a lotof companies don’t have this and in general it is my biggest pet peeve withgolf bags.

Here are some more pictures:

img3872229.jpg
img3875232.jpg
img3870227.jpg
img3880237.jpg
img3885242.jpg
img3887244.jpg
img3889246.jpg
img3904261.jpg
img3905262.jpg
img3907264.jpg
imag0165m.jpg

Nice review and pics Butters! I still love the putter well. It looks so nice.

Good review Butters, did you have any issues with the stand extending itself while using the pull or riding cart?

good stuff Butters. So the putter well is not a full length well, so the grip of the putter can get tangled up with other clubs? Sounds/Looks like it's a good bag for a person who walks and rides, that's always nice. I hated having a bag that was good to carry, was ok on push cart, and was horrible on a riding cart.

Good review Butters, did you have any issues with the stand extending itself while using the pull or riding cart?

Not really, it pushed out for a brief second maybe an inch but settled down fine when it was seated in the final position. I have had bags in the past make you really fight with the stand to settle correctly.

For those of you with the stand bags and talking about clubs getting bunched up -

Have you had similar issues with other stand bags? I don't think I've had one that didn't cause some issues on that end. What do you think could be done (design-wise) to eliminate the problem?

My idea would be to have full length dividers that run both directions. Most only have two, but I think it they had ones run in the middle dividers, you could eliminate the clubs "angling" into the other sections.

Back