Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that. I tell ya what though, I think the Mashie FW is going to be a god-send for a lot of folks. Stronger loft, shorter shaft, Mashie power, Miyazaki shaft, less offset should equate to a really nice option for a lot of folks. I want to hit it in a bad way.

That description makes it sound very ponder worthy. I'd almost like to have one of them in the bag for fairway shots/versatility and another fwy for tee shots and distance.

I am sure your postings in the SeeMore forum helped fuel the fire. I e-mailed SeeMore about having them convert into a belly putter. Got an e-mail less than ten minutes later from the CEO saying that for only $75 including return shipping they will not only re-shaft but add the needed headweight to make it work. I am going to go this route and will put before and after pictures in the SeeMore thread. Love the customer service at SeeMore!

That's some great info, Howzat. Could you also post that up in the Seemore testing thread when you get some time?

I am sure your postings in the SeeMore forum helped fuel the fire. I e-mailed SeeMore about having them convert into a belly putter. Got an e-mail less than ten minutes later from the CEO saying that for only $75 including return shipping they will not only re-shaft but add the needed headweight to make it work. I am going to go this route and will put before and after pictures in the SeeMore thread. Love the customer service at SeeMore!

That's pretty sweet right there!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's some great info, Howzat. Could you also post that up in the Seemore testing thread when you get some time?

Sure thing Hawk.

Howzat- that's awesome! I was thinking about doing the same thing with an older SeeMore FGP I have, but figured for close to the same price I would just pick up the Cleveland Almost Belly

Howzat- that's awesome! I was thinking about doing the same thing with an older SeeMore FGP I have, but figured for close to the same price I would just pick up the Cleveland Almost Belly

Also good to note that if the almost belly is too short at 39 inches, you can get the same putter from Cleveland in 41 or 43 for the same price of $119.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Also good to note that if the almost belly is too short at 39 inches, you can get the same putter from Cleveland in 41 or 43 for the same price of $119.

Tappin' from my iPad!

In the time that I have spent with belly putters, I found that more than anything I just liked the length and ended up not anchoring it in to my stomach. The length and weight was a nice combo for me.

I am 6'2" and will need a 44.5" or 45" belly. I don't see too many of those around so for me this is going to be the best value and I will end up with milled seemore that already fits my eye.

I am 6'2" and will need a 44.5" or 45" belly. I don't see too many of those around so for me this is going to be the best value and I will end up with milled seemore that already fits my eye.

Smart move - I like it! Look forward to seeing it in the SeeMore thread when you get it back.

Tappin' from my iPad!

This thread has had some seriously good pondering in it today. I need the Mashie FW in a bad way

This thread has had some seriously good pondering in it today. I need the Mashie FW in a bad way

Ditto. I still think Cleveland makes the best woods and they are bringing it with their new stuff.

That 14* Mashie 3W already has a spot in my bag waiting for it.

The Mashie FW is the only piece of equipment I'll actively be pursuing over the winter/early Spring. When does it hit shelves?

Good stuff Howzat. I hope it works out well for you.

As for the Mashie FW, I want one. Does anyone know what the lofts are? Also, are the hybrids any different from the old Mashie hybrids?

The Mashie FW is the only piece of equipment I'll actively be pursuing over the winter/early Spring. When does it hit shelves?

No idea but it will hit my bag shortly there after if not sooner.

Edit-Cleveland customer service is awesome.

Last edited:
Waiting until after the MC about pondering but I heart Matrix right about now. The fitting the other night was awesome and potentially fairly pricey based on the results I was seeing. I very well could shaft every club in the bag with one of their products.

Waiting until after the MC about pondering but I heart Matrix right about now. The fitting the other night was awesome and potentially fairly pricey based on the results I was seeing. I very well could shaft every club in the bag with one of their products.

Tell me more about this fitting. Is the beloved Kusala Black under attack now?

In terms of pondering, not doing much at the moment with the season coming to an end soon up here. I do have a feeling that I'll be testing some different balls next year to see if I can find something better than the Penta.

Tell me more about this fitting. Is the beloved Kusala Black under attack now?

If the Black was swapped it would be the last one and wouldn't go anywhere. Unless my swing changes drastically I'll always keep that shaft around until it breaks.

I had reached out to Matrix about info on a number of their items. Long story short I did a full shaft fitting with someone who know's Matrix products very well for the fun of it and to add to my database. With some loft and flex tweaks he was able to pull out some pretty awesome performance combinded with a nice feel. He did suggest a couple of different heads I should be looking at as well. Essentially he managed to stick me in a Matrix shaft in every club in the bag that was equal or better performance with equal of better feel except for the Miya Black. He was pretty honest that I could game a HD or a TPHD in the driver slot easily but that the performance out of the Black was such that the only reason to change would be if I was OCD and couldn't have one odd shaft in the bunch.

I'm not entirely convinced that there isn't something else out there, espcially in the hybrids that could improve things but it was neat none the less. Well worth the time.

Golfsmith opened this week so I went by today. They didnt have any of the new Cleveland gear, but I wanted to hit on the sim anyway.

I hit the Titleist 910 D2, and I was hitting it very well. Average carry was around 255 with total distance being up at 266, was very impressed with it.

Granted, it was on a sim and LM, but it makes me ponder...

Gotta get the Black on the LM before buying? Solid numbers from the D2. I am definitely comparing numbers when Black is released. Wife has already approved the purchase!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Gotta get the Black on the LM before buying? Solid numbers from the D2. I am definitely comparing numbers when Black is released. Wife has already approved the purchase!!

Tappin' from my iPad!
If Edwin Watts had the Black with the Stiff flex shaft, I would already have it. But really want to see some LM numbers with the Black, even though I have hit it well on the course.

If Edwin Watts had the Black with the Stiff flex shaft, I would already have it. But really want to see some LM numbers with the Black, even though I have hit it well on the course.

Comparison is good. I want to see 10 plus yards on the Black compared to everything else before I pull the trigger.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Comparison is good. I want to see 10 plus yards on the Black compared to everything else before I pull the trigger.

Tappin' from my iPad!
The distance wasnt what drew me in to the Black, it was the consistent accuracy. The first time I ever swung it, I felt like I couldnt miss a fairway.

The distance wasnt what drew me in to the Black, it was the consistent accuracy. The first time I ever swung it, I felt like I couldnt miss a fairway.

Good point, I will definitely be paying attention to dispersion just as much as distance. But, I still want that extra 10 yards!! Picky...I know.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back