Range finder battery life.

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
We got a V2 about two months ago. Yesterday it didn't work. Today I replaced the battery and she fired up. Using a battery up in two months surprised me.

Comments welcome.

Kevin

I bought my first V2 in November.

I am on the course 2-3 times per week. I am already on my fourth battery. I don't know if it is the amount of use it gets, traveling around in my bag, or maybe it doesn't turn itself off as soon as it should.

Needless to say, I've been disappointed with the battery life.

I think I recall that Sean had some issues with battery life and his Leupold.

The directions say to change it once a year. I guess that wasn't an issue.

Kevin

I do wonder if it's staying on or something? It might be worth a call to Bushnell. They have a pretty great CS dept from my experience with them.

I use the Leupold GX-1 and I change batteries about every 6 months. I play 125 to 150 rounds a year counting scrambles and best ball tournaments that don't count toward handicap so that is a lot of activations per battery. My buddy has the Bushnell 1600 and he says he gets more battery time than that, close to a year.

We got a V2 about two months ago. Yesterday it didn't work. Today I replaced the battery and she fired up. Using a battery up in two months surprised me.

Comments welcome.

Kevin

My first smaller bushnel used those three volt batteries pretty quickly. I have the 1600 now which is bulkier but uses 9v batteries. It has better battery life and cheaper batteries. It is a trade off, battery life vs a smaller device. I don't carry much though, mostly a push cart so size is ok.

My first smaller bushnel used those three volt batteries pretty quickly. I have the 1600 now which is bulkier but uses 9v batteries. It has better battery life and cheaper batteries. It is a trade off, battery life vs a smaller device. I don't carry much though, mostly a push cart so size is ok.

I just changed the battery in my 1600 this weekend and today it was all kinds of weird. More then a couple times it didn't lock on and seemed to be having trouble hitting anything. Maybe I put a bad 9v in it.

Well. we'll see how long this one lasts. Those lithium batteries aren't cheap. What's worse is after I bought it at Walgreens I went next door to the grocery store. The guy that checked out in front of me stole my white American cheese while bagging his groceries. The store replaced it, but it took like 15 minutes.

Kevin

Well. we'll see how long this one lasts. Those lithium batteries aren't cheap. What's worse is after I bought it at Walgreens I went next door to the grocery store. The guy that checked out in front of me stole my white American cheese while bagging his groceries. The store replaced it, but it took like 15 minutes.

Kevin

What a weird thing to steal lol. I have had my GX-1 for a while now and still havent had problems. I use it about once a hole and it turns off automatically. How much are the batteries btw?

He could have inadvertently took my cheese, but it was on the other bagging area of the conveyor belt. I think the battery was either $11.00 or $16.00. I couldn't tell at the shelf, and then forgot to look after buying some other stuff.

Kevin

Comments welcome.

Kevin
probably 3-4 months for my V2. I only play 2-3x/week so I'm not sure why it only lasted that long. I just carry an extra battery and test it out before the round to make sure it works. CR-2 at Wal Mart are less than $10 for two if I remember correctly.

probably 3-4 months for my V2. I only play 2-3x/week so I'm not sure why it only lasted that long. I just carry an extra battery and test it out before the round to make sure it works. CR-2 at Wal Mart are less than $10 for two if I remember correctly.

That's pretty much what I reported getting. Sounds like that could be the norm.

I bought my Golf Buddy World in late July. I play everyday and it still only needs charged every third round or so.

Esox, I think your Bushnell is busted, and that you should send it to Ash-Vegas and go on out and buy yourself a new one.

That's pretty much what I reported getting. Sounds like that could be the norm.

thats about what my V2 gets as well....I did notice once when I pulled it out that it was on...Turns out I had stuffed it in my bag too tight and it had been pushing on the Pinseeker button on the side...I believe that will turn it on as well, correct??

I just changed the battery in my 1600 this weekend and today it was all kinds of weird. More then a couple times it didn't lock on and seemed to be having trouble hitting anything. Maybe I put a bad 9v in it.

Perhaps you need to put it back into pinseeker mode? It is much harder to use if it gets in the wrong mode.

Perhaps you need to put it back into pinseeker mode? It is much harder to use if it gets in the wrong mode.

Maybe. I thought it was pretty easy to get back into that mode maybe its not.

On ebay you can get them for $3 or $4 but you must look for a name brand and watchc the expritation date, feedback is everything on getting a good deal or being ripped off on these. I usually buy 2 at a time for about $7.

I've got the Bushnell Elite 1500 and I replaced the battery for the first time after two hunting seasons and almost two full seasons of golf.
Most of my golf rounds are played at my home course which I've played so many times that I don't need to laser the majority of my shots.

thats about what my V2 gets as well....I did notice once when I pulled it out that it was on...Turns out I had stuffed it in my bag too tight and it had been pushing on the Pinseeker button on the side...I believe that will turn it on as well, correct??

Pretty sure this was your culprit. I've been having issues with mine as well and it took taking the battery out and leaving it in the case or flipping it into reverse so it doesn't use battery until I tell it to. Complete pain in the neck.

My V2 is only 8 weeks old and I play twice a week. My V2 was dead this morning which I assume must be the battery. Ordered some replacement CR2 batteries on ebay but being disappointed with how long it has lasted!

I have a V2 and have had it for over a year. I haven't had to replace the battery yet. I play once a week at least and sometimes use it at the range for practice sessions. I had been told that I would have to replace the batteries every other week by someone else who owns one but I am not seeing that. They solved their problem by getting rechargeable CR2s and charging after every use. I am still on the battery that came with mine.

Back