Who makes the best clubs?

Who makes the best clubs?

• Total voters

Noonan

Reaction score
Handicap
Some brands are known for their great feeling wedges, some for their great feeling irons. But who, taking into consideration the entire product lineup, shows up year after year making great feeling clubs across the board?

Some brands are known for their great feeling wedges, some for their great feeling irons. But who, taking into consideration the entire product lineup, shows up year after year making great feeling clubs across the board?

Feel is such a personal thing you could ask 5 people and get 5 different answers

It's really to each his own. A lot like the supposedly "buttery" feel of Mizuno, many like Titleist, Cally, Taylormade, and all others. Feel is based on the golfer, not necessarily the iron/wedge/wood. If you check out my bag, I have clubs from a ton of different companies. I haven't found one that I think really stands out above the rest, but that's just me. Some people really like and are loyal to one brand. It's all up to you!

It's all relative. I like the feel and sound of a Cleveland wedge.

Oh my, you don't like getting a clear answer, do ya?

I love my Bridgestone wedge, I love my Callaway irons, I love TP Mills Putters, I love my TMaG Woods, I love my Nickent hybrid. You are going to get 12 different answers from 7 different people, and you will be none the wiser. Just go out and see what you like.

Loving the feeling of my Clevelands right now.

FACT: I make the best feeling shafts!

I like the feel of Callaway. I grew up on it and I feel like they have a distinctive feel to me. I'm probably way off but my crazy mind thinks it. That being said I find almost every club I hit has a great feel as long as it's hit correctly

If it's not a forged blade, it's immediately disqualified. Everybody knows that forged blades are super butter and for only the most serious golfers.

You'll get a lot of answers to your question. Any answer other than TaylorMade is wrong. They have you covered from Super GI to Muscleback blade.

Kevin

You'll get a lot of answers to your question. Any answer other than TaylorMade is wrong. They have you covered from Super GI to Muscleback blade.

Kevin

You've eaten too much cheese

As others have said, it is all personal taste and you won't get a definitive answer in here.

Check out my bag for example...

Ping Driver
TaylorMade 3 Wood and Hybrids
Mizuno Irons
Titleist Wedges
Odyssey Putter

I play a few brands and I think they feel the best to me in their respective categories. Like others said it's a subjective thing, but if you get better results with a particular club it WILL start to feel great to you, no matter what your initial impressions are.

I play Taylor made, but my answer is titleist for a lineup. 910s are awesome, irons are always nice (any set), vokeys, and Cameron's. Where could u go wrong?

**************:ping:*************

:D

While I agree that feel is a personal preference, based on the recent threads in the equipment forum I think cleveland has a very strong line up from the top to the bottom... both current models and upcoming models.

i would have to agree on titleist. if i was going to be branded by any one company i think i would have to go titleist. from driver to irons to wedges and putter and ball, i think i take a complete bag of titleist over anything else.

i would have to agree on titleist. if i was going to be branded by any one company i think i would have to go titleist. from driver to irons to wedges and putter and ball, i think i take a complete bag of titleist over anything else.

Here's the best part, I disagree completely with this. And that is ok.

If it's not a forged blade, it's immediately disqualified. Everybody knows that forged blades are super butter and for only the most serious golfers.

Everyone knows that the most prized and buttery of all clubs are hand-forged by gnomes in the depths of Mount Fuji using their patented churn-forging method.

They even tweeted their manifesto:

Step 1: Forge clubs
Step 2: ????????
Step 3: Butter

Unfortunately it is a bit like asking who makes the best car. There is no such thing, as it all depends upon what it will be used for and by whom.

I personally play Mizuno blades because I like the quality and feel they give me. Tried Titleist several years ago and didn't get on with them but friend swears by his Titleist clubs and does not like Mizuno. Have to say though that he plays a totally different type of game to me.

You really need to try several different ones out for yourself.

Ok, I decided to end this once and for all. I did a test. Nike VR Pro Combos, Wilson fg59s and Mizuno Pros.

I took them all out. Run my hands over each one and I tell ya.....they all feel pretty much the same. Like metal.

Back