TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

That's great OG. Forgive me for skimming, did you buy the "belly" version or convert a standard yourself?

I bought the belly version 43 inch and I absolutely love it now! It took me three weeks to adjust but I could not putt with anything else now days.... It's a great putter!

Finally put a round in with this. A little backstory... last round I had one four putt and numerous 3 putts, ridiculous I know. I have not hit this on real grass before and I literally had 5 minutes on the practice green with this (a total of 6 practice rolls). I go out and putt 34. What?!? One three putt for the round. What?!? Lag putting was never better and I actually charged a couple in (I'm more of a die putter). What?!?

I love this putter. I'm hoping it's not just a honeymoon thing.

That is awesome Spank!!

Finally put a round in with this. A little backstory... last round I had one four putt and numerous 3 putts, ridiculous I know. I have not hit this on real grass before and I literally had 5 minutes on the practice green with this (a total of 6 practice rolls). I go out and putt 34. What?!? One three putt for the round. What?!? Lag putting was never better and I actually charged a couple in (I'm more of a die putter). What?!?

I love this putter. I'm hoping it's not just a honeymoon thing.

Sweet, center shaft'd?

I currently game a Ghost Spider (with the Belly Putt conversion Kit - they don't make the belly putter versions in Lefty) and absolutely love it. The alignment aid is one of the best I've seen, and my putting has, in all, received a big boost by this putter....I won't be taking this out of my bag anytime soon...

Cool, I love the look of that beast either way
Thanks dudes. Tad, heel shafted. I was dead pushing everything with the CS. Couldn't close it.

Been gaming the spider for a few months and love it. I put the white jumbo lite Winn on it right away. Inside 5 ft feels like a gimmie now. I switched from a Cameron newport two and don't see it ever going back in the bag.

I have the black Winn jumbo on mine and feel the same about the 5 foot gimmies.

Just wanted to give a little update, yesterday I ended up shooting a 81 but had one of the best putting days I have had in awhile and it would of been about 7 shots better but I had 4-5 birdie putts lip out and 3-4 par putts lip out. My speed, line and stroke were all 1 yesterday, it was a great feeling but also sad seeing all those putts lip out too. My dad told me I was cursed haha.

I have got so use to my Spider Ghost Belly Putter that I would be lost without it :bulgy-eyes:

Im not sure what it is about this putter that intrigues me. I putt terrible with it on the course, great inside GG and this thread always makes me want to use it again. I hate it.

i just got my center shafted 34 inch spyder putter last week. i switched out the original weights and put in 14 gram wieghts and i luv the feel.

Im not sure what it is about this putter that intrigues me. I putt terrible with it on the course, great inside GG and this thread always makes me want to use it again. I hate it.
I know the feeling man. I putt great with at at Dicks, but as soon as I take it to the course, I suck with it. I want to putt well with it so bad too.

You going to OEM another one? Didnt you get rid of the one you had.

pulled mine from my bag.... dunno if its going back todays round wasn't great with my odyssey but i haven't used it in a while. OH how i hate pondering what putter to use.

This putter has me so interested. I am really struggling with alignment and pushing and pulling the ball. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger. I think I am just waiting for the price to go down a little more.

Geez another 34 putts which for me is a vast improvement. I see a trend here. This could be the start of a long term relationship.

hey spank you having any problems with your 4 footers? i kept lipping mine out for some reason actually pulled mine from the bag for a little bit see if i can work some stuff out. my lag putting has been amazing but its frustrating when you have birdie putts that you just miss consistently

The problem that I have sometimes with the Ghost Spider is my putting from 10-20 feet....but no consistent problems within 5 feet or less with the Ghost. It seems I can't align anything right from 10-20 feet out.

Just picked up one of these putters at a pro-am. Went from the Ping blade to the Taylormade 770 mallet for a little more weight and stability in my line. Have only rolled the spider on the practice greens, mallet is working well right now, but the added weight and ballance are helping me attack the holes with a little more confidence. It will be in the bag in a couple weeks. In the mean time i am going to a Taylormade demo day and scheduled fitting for the R11 irons, currently playing the Burners.

hey spank you having any problems with your 4 footers? i kept lipping mine out for some reason actually pulled mine from the bag for a little bit see if i can work some stuff out. my lag putting has been amazing but its frustrating when you have birdie putts that you just miss consistently

Don't know its exactly the same thing but I picked up an Itsy Bitsy Spider last year. The thing I spend the most time working with is hitting it dead in the middle. It feels so solid even when you are hitting off center (especially if you add weight) that for me it took a while to get the short putts falling consistently. I can't help but think that possibly with the larger face on the Ghost that you may be adding more of that effect.
I love mine for the way I can get it close from almost anywhere and drop a few from 10'+ a round too.

I had the same romantic feelings for my old flatstick last year and went from one to the other. Then I spent some serious time from 12' and closer until I was confident, and stuck the old one in the closet.

No issues Buck. I did notice that I'm a bit more touchy on the closer putts than the longer ones. I do like to focus on hitting it dead center on the closer ones and that helps not focus so much on the hole.

Ok so another round in the bag today. Another 34 putts. I was much worst on the 3 putts today with 4 of them but I hammered home 4 1-putts to finish the round, one from half a green away (could've sworn it was at least 20 ft). I'm looking to consistently get to sub 30 rounds with this and with a little help from the chipping and pitching plus this putter I should get there by start of next year.

No issues Buck. I did notice that I'm a bit more touchy on the closer putts than the longer ones. I do like to focus on hitting it dead center on the closer ones and that helps not focus so much on the hole.

Ok so another round in the bag today. Another 34 putts. I was much worst on the 3 putts today with 4 of them but I hammered home 4 1-putts to finish the round, one from half a green away (could've sworn it was at least 20 ft). I'm looking to consistently get to sub 30 rounds with this and with a little help from the chipping and pitching plus this putter I should get there by start of next year.

pretty good round spank! thanks for the feedback. i think im yanking it for a little bit see how i do with some other putters played pretty well today with the odyssey mini t that i had bought the same week i got the spider and its been sitting in my room since then. see if its more my stroke or just the way i line up the putter.

I just ordered one of these putters (in the CS) today when I went to pick up my new irons. I have been looking for a new putter and was playing with all the ones they had there. I found that this one felt the nicest off the face but more importantly I was sinking puts from further away than I would normally sink putts and I wasn't able to do that with any other putter there. I have always been a bit of a taylormade fan but have always liked other brands of putter. I think that this putter is going to stay in my bag for quite a while, can't wait to get it out on the greens.

Back