SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Just got caught up on all the reviews in here and they are great, you guys all really have me wanting to game these wedges ASAP. I also love to hear about how great their Customer service has been for you guys, as that is very important to me. I see some of these wedges in my bag as soon as they are available for lefties.

I have my first negative thing to report and it's not even about the clubs. I have tried since day one to force myself to like the grips. The grips are such an integral part of the SCOR4161 System that I resisted changing them. Having the markings laid out at one inch intervals is certainly helpful in knowing that I am choking down 1, 2, or 3 inches. At first glance the grips are similar to the GolfPride NDMCs that I have been playing for almost 2 years.

Spoiler
Grips_0.jpg

Top View as installed.

However there are some differences that I cannot get around, all relating to feel, and usability for me. The black corded portion of the SCOR grip is markedly shorter than the same part of the GP grip. That lack of length means that my left hand extends beyond the cord, resulting in an odd feel for me on full length swings.

Spoiler
Grips_2.jpg

Bottom view as installed.

The corded portion of the grip, is also not nearly as aggressive as the NDMC. It feels almost slick by comparison. I took a couple close ups so you can really see the difference.
Spoiler
Grips_3.jpg
Grips_4.jpg
Grips_5.jpg

Lastly the bottom portions of each grip are quite different as well. The SCOR grip is quite smooth, whereas the GP has some texture to it that enhances my grip. A few weeks ago I blew the SCOR grips off my clubs and added a few wraps of tape beneath to bring the size up some. In doing so, the slickness of the bottom of the grip was somehow exacerbated, while also making the grip much more firm.

Spoiler
Grips_6.jpg
Grips_7.jpg

The biggest issue for me came when I got in close (inside 50 yards). I always remove my glove at that range as I just prefer to feel the club in my hands. With the original grips I never felt like I had control. Like I had to squeeze much harder to keep the club in my hands. I cannot say for sure that this had any affect on my performance, but it did nothing good for my confidence.

Yesterday, I removed the grips from all of the SCOR irons and installed a fresh batch of NDMCs for my round today. I know it's the indian not the arrow, but the indian needs to be confident in the arrow. To date I have loved everything else about these clubs, I just never felt comfortable with the grips.

I'd say that's a fair review of the grip differences Md. I've found myself going the opposite way, I don't like how far the cord goes down the NDMC's nor how rough the grip is for the touch shots.

Went out yesterday and it was back to being rather dry which places a nice highlight on the Vsole once again. When it was sopping wet I was opening them up a bit more since slicing into the turf was far to easy, now I'm back to getting that leading edge right down there on setup. For the fun of it I was switching on and off with friends as to who was using which wedges as we went (go go W) and I have to say that standard sole wedges are so frustrating to use now. Even C grind soles since they tend to perform much better then opened up rather then closed down just aren't the same. For those out there who aren't diggers but still need to get more bounce is deeper lies I can't see how you could skip past these unless your control with different lofts is incredible. I know most players are diggers so wedges (and irons) tend to be build for them but for those of us who aren't (and yes, we kinda feel like lefties at times : p) these are a great option. Viva la wedgalution.

And yes, I may be a wee bit happy with these wedges. I rattled another couple of flag sticks from 80ish out yesterday as did a first time user. The 59 is rocking so well the group named her Sally Surefire. They may no may not have been a wee bit tipsy at that point...

For those who haven't jumped on their webpage in a bit, it looks like they've updated the layout and the information.

MD - I too am a fan of the New Decade MCs. Have them on my irons. I prefer the SCOR grips for the shorter irons. Seems a bit thinner than the NDMCs and I prefer that for control and touch shots.

ST - Just checked out the website. Like the new layout. I too love the versatility of the SCORs. Whatever I throw at them the V Sole flat out works.

I'd say that's a fair review of the grip differences Md. I've found myself going the opposite way, I don't like how far the cord goes down the NDMC's nor how rough the grip is for the touch shots.

Went out yesterday and it was back to being rather dry which places a nice highlight on the Vsole once again. When it was sopping wet I was opening them up a bit more since slicing into the turf was far to easy, now I'm back to getting that leading edge right down there on setup. For the fun of it I was switching on and off with friends as to who was using which wedges as we went (go go W) and I have to say that standard sole wedges are so frustrating to use now. Even C grind soles since they tend to perform much better then opened up rather then closed down just aren't the same. For those out there who aren't diggers but still need to get more bounce is deeper lies I can't see how you could skip past these unless your control with different lofts is incredible. I know most players are diggers so wedges (and irons) tend to be build for them but for those of us who aren't (and yes, we kinda feel like lefties at times : p) these are a great option. Viva la wedgalution.

And yes, I may be a wee bit happy with these wedges. I rattled another couple of flag sticks from 80ish out yesterday as did a first time user. The 59 is rocking so well the group named her Sally Surefire. They may no may not have been a wee bit tipsy at that point...

For those who haven't jumped on their webpage in a bit, it looks like they've updated the layout and the information.

Feel is a subjective thing for sure. I have very callused hands (BECAUSE OF MY WORK) so I rather like the skin ripping nature of the NDMC grips. At the same time, the lower portion of the grip is a bit "squishy" so my fingers can sink into it a little.

I have not hit any other wedges since I received the SCOR4161's. Yesterday, while I was regripping my SCORs, I regripped and cut down my Eidolon wedges to match the SCORs. I said in the sign up thread that I wanted to do some side by side comparisons of the two. In the process of this testing I have learned more than I can put into words. Having played the SCOR wedges exclusively, I will say unequivocally that I am glad I did not receive my set built to the spec I signed up with! I took some dry swings yesterday before cutting them down, and they were so awkwardly long that I was frankly stunned. I loved the added length of the Eidolons when I got them, but I have adapted to the SCOR clubs so fully that I could not put the club in the same positions with a full swing. Now, having cut them down, I cannot wait to take them out and try to make some comparisons.

I'm most interested in the shaft differences (weight specifically). When Chunkey took a few swings with my SCORs the first thing out of his mouth was with regard to the weight of the club. His first impression, I mean seconds in the hand, was that they were too light for him. When I first received the clubs that was the first thing I noticed as well. The 45* felt extremely light in hand. That feeling vanished for me with a couple swings in the yard so I failed to mention it before now. I am really looking forward to doing some side by side stuff with them at this point so hopefully I can get to the par3 one day after work with enough light left to get some work in.

Son and I got out today and got some more video to share. Was a great day. We had a blast even if it was 48-50 degrees and raining. Used the Bstone B330 RX for the round. Winds were light course was wet. Rain was intermittent so I wasn't able to get every SCOR shot recorded.

Shot 1 - Hit an easy 50 from 90 yards from pin. I'm not sure if I pulled it but I have noticed the SCORs go exactly where I am aiming or a little left. My OTT move was apparent today. I was aiming for the middle of the green so the shot wasn't as far off as it appeared. Couple yards left of my target. Ball stopped and came back a little. 2 putts from there.

Shot 2 0:50 - Ball went right where I aimed. Big slope from back to front on this hole. Ball didn't come down as far as I thought it would. I almost feel like I'm hitting a Niblick sometimes. The SCORs are so easy to hit through any sort of lie I can't imagine what I was doing before them.

Shot 3 1:32 - Couldn't record this shot, rain. No ball mark on that shot. Put it back in my stance and came in pretty steep. Ball came in low and skidded on the green. Near perfect shot I needed to hit a little harder. The 55 is a great stick.

First shot I didn't hit hard enough. Needed a 3/4 swing and I was maybe a little over 1/2. I love the versatility of the 55. On the chip I closed the face as I was sitting down in a little bare spot. The 55 doesn't balloon on full shots, responds to being closed and opened, can hit nice low shots with high spin, and is great for chipping. Love it.

1st shot - Tough shot here. I chose to run it there and I needed a little more on the shot. I did make the putt so that's something. Love the feedback I get when the SCOR hits the ground. Can really feel the club get under the ball. 50 would have been a better choice I think.

My E6 v B330 RX tests were telling for me and it's the reason I switched to the B330 RX. The E6 wasn't running away from me as the course was pretty soft. The predictability of the SCORs + the B330 RX on pitches and chips is perfect for my game. The vid pretty much tells the tale. I will say that I am impressed with the spin the SCORs put on a ball like the E6.

The bunker shot was pretty good. I don't find a lot of bunkers and I rarely practice sand shots. That I have been able to get away with some of the bunker shots I have had speak well to the SCORs in the sand.

Pretty much reinforced everything I already know about the SCORs today. Great in soft lies, reliable, forgiving, versatile, and flat out fun to hit. Learned that I am either pulling these at times and/or I need to be more conscious of my alignment.

Today was a great day with my boy. When he is with me I can't do all I want to do for testing. We just knocked it around and had some laughs. He is a constant distraction so I don't get worked up if I mess some holes up. Speaking of distractions, one more vid to come.....

Griff, that was a great write up and videos, I really like your swing and the scors really seem to be working for you. You guys all have me convinced that I need to have these in my bag.

Griff, that was a great write up and videos, I really like your swing and the scors really seem to be working for you. You guys all have me convinced that I need to have these in my bag.

Thanks CB! Got one more vid to post up, look for it later. It's pretty entertaining :D

I hope you get a chance to try them out CB, they really are unique.

Thanks CB! Got one more vid to post up, look for it later. It's pretty entertaining :D

I hope you get a chance to try them out CB, they really are unique.

Thanks man I hope so too, and the company said sometime in the new year we lefties will have a shot. Really looking forward to it.

...and the last vid from today.

Lesson 1 - Don't try a shot you know is going to fail. That 45 does look mean from the back.

Lesson 2 - My son is catching on faster than I thought, thanks for the support buddy.

Lesson 3 - Putting a video camera on top of a golf cart can be hazardous to your health. Once again, thanks for the support, son.

Edit: that was the 55 out of the sand. I decelerated a little, didn't commit to it like I should have.

Last edited:
I was back out on the course today. I took a ton of notes as usual but I'm not going to bore anyone with my round notes. I hit some good shots, I hit some bad shots, blah, blah, blah! In the end I shot a 90 on a Par 71 course. Nothing earth shattering... So, the obvious question from you all is, "Then what the he!! are are you going to tell us?"

Well, I'm not going to talk today about the V-Sole. It is in fact the best thing ever to happen to a wedge.
I'm not going to talk about my chipping prowess around the greens. I hit a bunch of awesome chips today that missed the cup by an inch or two, but that's beside the point.

Today, I want to discuss this whole concept of knowing your yardages. I used to think I hit my 8 iron 150, and based on the markers on the course I was pretty close. But because of this testing I went out to the par 3 course and spent a couple hours hitting wedges from known distances, and came up with averages for my full swing on that day. My swing still changes enough from day to day that it's hard for me to put much stock in those numbers sometimes, but I had a good idea of what a comfortable swing (with good NOT perfect contact) would produce.

So today, I made my way around the course as usual. Well not completely as usual. I made it a point to not hit my driver as often. I made it a point to pick a target up high and well off into the distance that would not leave me in trouble with the inevitable miss-hit tee shot. As a result I played some really nice tee shots, and some really nice approaches. I was still guessing clubs on my approaches somewhat, but I was doing OK. I made the turn at 44 which is not great by any means... Merely average for me. I played #10 at even par, and then the wheels fell off. I carded triple, triple, double and a double.

Then on #15 something awesome happened. 15 is nothing special, it's only a 293 yard par 4 dogleg left. I hit my new (still in the honeymoon phase) 3W off the tee. Hit a really pretty draw around the corner centering me between two bunkers that front the green. I pulled up to the ball thinking, nice tee shot... Now what are you gonna do. Pulling the laser out I found that I was exactly 75 yards from the pin with a perfectly flat lie and level with the green. Something in my memory churned. I knew that number from somewhere. I grabbed my phone and pulled up the notepad application I used at the par 3 that day. What do you know, my 55* average out to exactly 75 yards on a good, not perfect, swing. I'm sure you think you can guess what's coming, but I'll tell you anyway. I hit the 55 and pulled it slightly. The awesome part, to me, is that if I was more than 2" off on my distance I would have been shocked. I mean that ball was dead NUTZ pin high, 10' left. It certainly helped my confidence that I made the putt, but I was so astonished by the distance that it probably would not have mattered.

#16 is a 300 yard par 4 that just sets up right for my eye. Hard to believe, but I have come very close to driving this hole on a couple occasions. Today, I pushed my drive right a little into the rough ending in a patch of thick, deep clover. So deep that I almost lost the ball. I lasered it out to 66 yards. With the feeling from 15 still fresh in my head, I grabbed the 55 again and choked down an inch. I hit my shot confidently (even though I have not worked at all on choked yardages YET) and again I found myself exactly pin high, this time only 6 feet left. I two putted for par.

I hosed the tee shot on the par 3 17th but would you believe that I found myself yet again at that most magical of distances? That's right, 66 yards, but playing uphill and by my judgement that made it a 75 yard shot. Again, I pulled the shot (maybe I have an alignment issue?) but I was pin high 10' left. 2 putts for bogey. Not great by any means, but I was riding pretty high by then, so let me have my moment.

#18... Playing par 5, it's only 510 yards (today) of the worst golf hole known to man. It's essentially a straight hole playing downhill (+/- 40 feet) but the fairway slopes dramatically from right to left (left is OB) and it's so full of bumps and undulations that Hugh Hefner would be embarrassed to look at it. A flat lie is unheard of. I've played this hole from the adjacent, #10 fairway, more times than I can count. On the rare occasion that I played my way down the 18th fairway, I was met with a creek crossing the front of the green that I invariably hit into. I'd never carded less than a 7 (more often than not an 8 or 9). I HATE, HATE, HATE #18!!!

Until today, that is...

I knew that I was not going to shoot a career round. Normally, that means I really step on it at #18 tee and end up blowing the drive 40 yards right into #10 fairway (stupid eh?). I made a decision, before I even left the house today, that I was going to play 18 different than I ever had before. So, I stepped up to the tee with my 3W. I pulled the tee shot slightly but I knew I was "safe". I reached the ball and to my utter amazement I had a dead flat lie, standing on top of an aforementioned Hugh Hefner "bump". I was 240 from the stick. I decided to layup with an 8 iron to reach a good full wedge distance. I did not hit a great shot but it was on the line that I wanted, and left me 86 yards downhill to a pin in the middle of the green. I judged that I was going to gain 10-15 yards in length due to the downhill nature of the shot. To me that meant I was in the 75 yard range of my comfortable 55* again. This time, I flushed it. You know that shot that flies 10-15 yards further than you thought possible? Yeah that one! The ball hit the very back edge of the green, stuck and spun back and right about a foot-and-a-half, leaving me a 25' straight downhill putt. I NEED to learn how to do that all the time!!!! I left the first putt a foot short, but made the followup for par.

The point of all of this is that learning and knowing your yardages for the short game is invaluable. I shot a 90 today, but I came away from the course more excited than I was after a career 86. Perhaps this is second nature to many of you, but for me +/- yards was close enough. But to KNOW a yardage and come upon a ball that is at THAT yardage was the most incredible feeling I've ever had on the course. Thank you to SCOR and THP for "making" me learn about this game. If you have not already, go out and learn what your scoring distances are.

Here's how: <Taken from the SCOR4161 manual>

Spoiler

To begin, find a little time to go out on the course when it's not crowded - you'll
only need a half hour to an hour. If you have access to a mowed open area
like a neighborhood ballpark or soccer field, where you can hit balls up
to 125-140 yards (and find them!), you can make that work just as well. We're
going to focus on your wedges and short irons for The SCOR Method, but you can
apply this technique to any club in your bag.

You’ll need your clubs, this book and a pen, because you’ll be noting your results in the Dis-
tance Charts in the back – they’ll become your “owner’s manual” for your short game. If you have a
laser range-finder, it makes the process even more precise. (Also please take plenty of fill sand with
you to repair your divots.) Choose a section of fairway where few iron shots are played from, like the
first half of a long, flat par four or five. Warm up with some stretching and plenty of practice swings.

Once you feel warmed up, take your 9-iron and pick a target down the fairway. Hit enough
shots to have several that you believe fairly represent your typical distance. You want to make a
comfortable “full” swing at each one – not too hard, not to light. Your goal is to make your swings as
identical to one another as possible, and to try to hit as tight a group of shots as you are capable.

Short Iron/Wedge Tip

Let me interject here that a “full” swing with a wedge or short iron is much different than with
a mid-iron or hybrid. The objective with the scoring clubs is to create distance repetition that leads to
precision shotmaking on the golf course. It really isn’t important whether your “full” pitching wedge
goes 100 yards or 130 – there are no awards for that. What’s important is your ability to hit each of
your wedges and short irons the same distance consistently and reliably. Back off just a bit from
what you might think of as a “full” swing and make your lead side stay in front of the swing
through impact. Also, by controlling your swing with the body core rather than your
arms and hands, you will hit the ball on a lower and more controllable
trajectory and have much more repeatable distance control. In fact, you might
even find that you hit your wedges further this way than you do when you try to hit it
hard. Try it.

After enough shots with the 9-iron to get a good pattern, trade it for your pitching wedge and
walk down to see what you find. Take your laser with you if you have one, along with this book and
a pen. If you are not using a laser, carefully pace off the yardage from your starting spot to the cen-
ter of the pattern. [NOTE: If you are using a laser, just park your cart or stand your bag next to
your hitting area so you can “shoot” it instead of pacing off yardages.]

Wow, you guys really did an awesome job over the weekend! Great great work in here and t on of good information. You guys have made this thread a truly great read and very informative. I have some thoughts from my rounds this weekend that I will get up later

Loving these reviews and the clubs. They seem like major winners. I really love my Eidolon wedges and would definitely consider adding a PW & 9i replacement with the SCORS.

Hey THP, new member here that just received the 46 degree SCOR pitching wedge.

To start, let me concur with everyone else regarding customer service. I have been fortunate enough to deal with Shawn during the fitting process and we exchanged several phone conversations as well as email before I placed my order for the...

46 degree, 36" Length, 64 degree lie, plus 2 wraps

Recently I switched from a set of Mizuno MP29s that I had been playing for 10 years to a set of the original Callaway Fusion Irons with Nippon 1150GH Tour stiff shafts. With the Mizunos, the PW was perfect and transitioned into my Cleveland 588s perfectly but with the Fusions I immediately knew that I was going to want to stick with a blade style club for my pitching wedge on down. So, initially i gave myself two choices... continue playing the MP-29 PW which breaks the set and interferes with re-sale or play my Cleveland Regular 588 PW(you dont see them much but they do exist). The problem with this is that the 588 PW just doesnt have the feel of the 588 GW,SW and LW and a rather large gap exists between the Fusion 9 and 588 PW because the Fusions are LOOONG.

I discovered SCOR via their giveaway over at GolfWRX. Initially I was planning on purchasing a 4 wedge set of the Eidolons at the Kingdom 59 price as Shawn said he would match their price however they were out of stock on a few of the satin chrome heads so after a few days of deliberation I decided instead to get started with one of the SCOR wedges. I thought the 46 was the best place to start as the original Fusion PW was also 46 and a few weeks of testing should help me decide on the gapping from there on down and whether I want to replace the 9I with the 41 SCOR. Possibly 41, 46, 51, 55, 59

Initial thoughts after un-boxing...

Quickly shipped and Nicely boxed with a nice bag-tag and repair tool, THANKS!.

This is a very nice looking wedge. As attractive as anything else I have seen recently. Like most of you, I like for my equipment to look good and be well thought out from head, to ferrule, to shaft, to grip. And this one certainly is. Quite honestly, the reason I havnt ordered a custom wedge as of yet from anyone else is that I am not going to spend good money on a custom club if the grip isnt custom as well. This was another reason that swayed me from the Eidolons to the SCORs. And, let me say, my initial impressions of the grip are very good. I have never been a fan of cords but the fact that the cord area is shorter than most which keeps the cord only in my glove hand is something I like very much. The grip feels good with 3 wraps. I expect with one wrap this grip is going to seem slim compared many other grips.

Also, although I love the neoprene head cover and think its a great idea, I happen to be a neoprene head cover snob(I've tried most of them) and will immediately switch to the ones called "Iron Gloves" :)

Although i have seen others comment that the club initially had a light feeling, that is not my experience so far. It pretty much feels just rite and similar to my other PWs. It also has a nice feeling when swinging it here in the office. Also, for me, the club head itself does not appear to be small probably because I am used to the MP-29s and 588s. One reason I moved to the Fusions is because these days the MP-29 3 and 4 Iron are looking tiny.

One thing I would suggest is to add the name KBS to the shaft-band somehow. There is no actual evidence that the shaft is in fact a KBS and I think since KBS is a big selling point of these wedges it should be represented somehow and would aid in re-sale. I like seeing the patent number on the shaft-band very much.

I'll be looking forward to my first range session and reporting my experience here on THP.

Great continued information oevr the past several days gentlemen. I plan to do a big write up of all my thoughts up until this point sometime in the next couple of days.

My swing fell apart this weekend so I don't think any hole-by-hole summary is necessarily of any benefit to this thread, but I did play two rounds this weekend that will factor into my thoughts when I can do the bigger write-up.

In very short, the main thoughts are:
1) The V-Sole gives me great confidence in going down after the ball, because while not impossible to hit it fat, it does mitigate the worst digging a digger can put on it.
2) These are honestly some of the first wedges I've ever tried where I can tell the difference in spin from a tour ball to a distance ball...which really means that the club is putting more spin on the ball regardless of type.
3) Still struggling a bit with chipping with the 55 or 60 (although getting more comfortable with the 60)...but that's more of a loft issue than anything else.
4) Much more confident on full swings that with previous sets of wedges.

Anyway, longer write-up in the next few days, but I wanted to put some quick thoughts out there.

I have a question about the V-Sole

I had a shot where I wanted to lay my 58° open. I was shortsided near the green. The lie was sort of a mix of sparse rough with a little bit a hardpan underneath. I actually told myself I was doing a dumb thing before I took the shot. I was right and and ended up bouncing the bounce off the dirt and flubbed the chip short of where I wanted it to go.

Would the V-Sole have helped in that type of situation?

I had a shot where I wanted to lay my 58° open. I was shortsided near the green. The lie was sort of a mix of sparse rough with a little bit a hardpan underneath. I actually told myself I was doing a dumb thing before I took the shot. I was right and and ended up bouncing the bounce off the dirt and flubbed the chip short of where I wanted it to go.

I dont think so Hawk.

But, that may be something for a detail oriented person to answer.

Hawkster - I think the V-Sole would have performed better than a traditional soled wedge there, but depending on how little grass was under the ball, opening up any wedge would be pretty tough off of that kind of lie. Opening up the v-soled SCOR wedge causes the club to utilize that second part of the sole. When I have opened it up, it seems the leading edge is closer to the ground than if you do the same with a traditional wedge. Accordingly, since the leading edge is lower, I don't find myself blading the ball as much as with other wedges. Now, off of a bare lie, you would still have to get under the ball that little bit to keep from blading it, but it wouldn't be as deep as a traditional wedge...therefore the comment about the lie being tough for any wedge.

Honest question for the testers. After having several weeks testing the wedges, how big of a percentage of your improvement in wedge play can be attributed to the wedges / system themselves versus how much can be attributed to the extra attention your wedge game is getting oncourse / range. To put it another way, if you spent the same amount of time practicing with your old wedges, how much worse would your game be?

I know its not really a fair question or that there's an easy answer, but I often wonder this in my own testing.

Honest question for the testers. After having several weeks testing the wedges, how big of a percentage of your improvement in wedge play can be attributed to the wedges / system themselves versus how much can be attributed to the extra attention your wedge game is getting oncourse / range. To put it another way, if you spent the same amount of time practicing with your old wedges, how much worse would your game be?

I know its not really a fair question or that there's an easy answer, but I often wonder this in my own testing.

These have flat out improved my game from 150 and in. no doubt in my mind. I honestly do not practice much because the fractice facilities in my town are crap. So, I havent put added practice into it. They just flat out perform well. Good question though

I dont think so Hawk.

But, that may be something for a detail oriented person to answer.

That's sort of what I thought, but it really is a bit of a mystery still.

Hawkster - I think the V-Sole would have performed better than a traditional soled wedge there, but depending on how little grass was under the ball, opening up any wedge would be pretty tough off of that kind of lie. Opening up the v-soled SCOR wedge causes the club to utilize that second part of the sole. When I have opened it up, it seems the leading edge is closer to the ground than if you do the same with a traditional wedge. Accordingly, since the leading edge is lower, I don't find myself blading the ball as much as with other wedges. Now, off of a bare lie, you would still have to get under the ball that little bit to keep from blading it, but it wouldn't be as deep as a traditional wedge...therefore the comment about the lie being tough for any wedge.

Thanks, Ad. It sounds like it may have been a little better depending on the severity of the lie, but it really sounds like it was a dumb choice of shots on my part :)

These have flat out improved my game from 150 and in. no doubt in my mind. I honestly do not practice much because the fractice facilities in my town are crap. So, I havent put added practice into it. They just flat out perform well. Good question though

This goes for all testers...

So if they have made your game better from 150 and in. When you consider a new set of irons, would you look at sets where the lofts go in line with the SCOR wedges that you have? Since you have your known clubs from 150 and in, would you consider buying only the few irons that you would need to round out a set?

Nice looking sticks.

What are all of the Bounce options? I didn't see that on the online fitting that adwillingham discussed.
Are there multiple shaft options?
Does each tester has the same, or different shafts?

So if they have made your game better from 150 and in. When you consider a new set of irons, would you look at sets where the lofts go in line with the SCOR wedges that you have? Since you have your known clubs from 150 and in, would you consider buying only the few irons that you would need to round out a set?

Not an official tester but since I own the 52, 56, and 61 I would like to chime in here. I was recently wondering if I needed GI irons and immediately my thought process led to looking at lofts that would mesh with my current SCOR wedges. Even to the point of picking up 49, 45, and 41 in the SCOR and then just getting a 5,6,7 to fill in the bag until the hybrids picked up. Yes, they are that good IMO.

Well, due to the fact that he's so much more awesome than I am, as well as the fact that he started with a 41 deg versus my 45 deg, the SCORs take over for me at 110 yards (not 150). Depending on the lofts of the set I was considering, I would probably not buy the matching AW like I have been prone to do. If the PW was 45 deg, I would consider not getting it, but that is the one club that I'm going either way on still.

One place that this becomes an interesting discussion is if you buy these to go with one set of irons, then buy something different that is lofted differently. That could very well create a situation where you needed to re-check the loft gaps and either switch lofts or have them bent/adjusted.

Back