LeBron to the NFL?!?!?!

I think he could get at least 2 hour long "Decision" specials on ESPN from this. The first when he decides to go and then the second after he gets knocked out and decides to stop.

Just as some athletes that play football can play basketball (and other sports). Saying that because an athlete has success in one sport they can have success at another because they played it in highschool is just not accurate (not that you said that). Does nobody remember the Michael Jordan baseball fiasco?

I agree. Barkley would be a good golfer if it was that easy. Ive heard tiki barber cant even dribble a basketball. I'm not even a Lebron fan, I just think he's a freak. It's Jordan's athleticism in a Carl Malones body.

YES!!!! Football is not a plug and play sport. Certainly not able to get away with just being a gifted athlete like you can in basketball.
And here is your original statement that you called basketball a "plug and play sport" that you "are able to get away with just being a gifted athlete"

And here is your original statement that you called basketball a "plug and play sport" that you "are able to get away with just being a gifted athlete"

You forgot to call me a derogatory name in your post this time to keep up with tradition.

Since you are the smartest man in the world and I am a lowly ignorant THP'er I'll just sit here form now on and not share my opinions.

I think he could get at least 2 hour long "Decision" specials on ESPN from this. The first when he decides to go and then the second after he gets knocked out and decides to stop.

This made me laugh out loud, I hope that's ok.
:D

Man, this is getting tense. Coincidentally, that's the time of the game where LeBron likes to watch the most :confused2::popcorn:

<<pardon my poor attempts at comedy, I am a native Clevelander>>

Man, this is getting tense. Coincidentally, that's the time of the game where LeBron likes to watch the most :confused2::popcorn:

HAHA....That is funny. I like humor.

Not poor at all, it struck me as quite funny

You forgot to call me a derogatory name in your post this time to keep up with tradition.

Since you are the smartest man in the world and I am a lowly ignorant THP'er I'll just sit here form now on and not share my opinion. [/COLOR]:D
All I was doing was disputing your first claim and you started with the smugness. Whatever you want to do from this point is fine with me, I'm out of this conversation.

My $0.02 is simply this... Athleticism gets you on a high school team, being an outstanding athelete in a particular sport gets you to the college level (and in few cases in multiple sports) and being an elite athelete in a particular sport gets you to to the professional level (i.e. NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL)

I would certainly welcome being corrected here, but no one has been a "superstar" and I mean "superstar" in multiple sports. IMO, Bo Jackson may have been the closest, but I wouldn't classify him as a "superstar" baseball player, just a home run swinger. Neon Sanders tried it, but just stole bases. Jordan tried it and parlayed his name from farm team to replica jersey sales rep in Chi town.

Could LeBron use his name and sell-ability to play in the NFL, sure he could. Would he be anything better than so-so average? I think probably not.

He might as well. I wish more people had my mentality, in that now that there's a lock out in the NBA, I'll never watch another game or support those greedy bastards. What a slap in the face these over paid premadonna's do to the American public. We've been through/are going through the worst economy in my life time and these guys want more money? Palease!!!! I'm done with all of them.

I could not agree more my friend!!!

I think he could be a 'decent" TE in the NFL. Its not as if he is new to the game, he was all state in FB in Ohio during HS. His speed alone at his size would be a huge matchup nightmare for defenses. A faster Antonio Gates maybe???

Maybe he will have a show on ESPN....the Decision 2.0 to make the official announcement

I think if he had stuck with football instead of basketball he would be a killer TE/WR at this point. I also think that if he enrolled in college today, he would be a pretty damn good player after a couple years. But I highly doubt he could play next weekend in the NFL and survive for any amount of time.

I think he could be a 'decent" TE in the NFL. Its not as if he is new to the game, he was all state in FB in Ohio during HS. His speed alone at his size would be a huge matchup nightmare for defenses. A faster Antonio Gates maybe???

Maybe he will have a show on ESPN....the Decision 2.0 to make the official announcement

Clearly he has the athleticism to make it in the NFL. But no way he has the toughness or the attitude to stand in there for more than a couple minutes with getting his clock cleaned. I'm just hoping that there's a lockout this year, for 2 reasons: 1) More time for NCAAB!!! and 2) It'll show these overpaid morons that they can't get everything they want in life.

Not a ton would change. He'd just be wearing pads now and he'd still blow it in the 4th quarter.....

Not a ton would change. He'd just be wearing pads now and he'd still blow it in the 4th quarter.....

Ahahaha and he'd be the only so-called "great" without anything to show for it i.e. a ring anybody????

It probably won't happen, but I wish it will! For people who say he can't play in the NFL, look at his body. He is taller than Calvin Johnson, stronger, heavier, and faster than him. He would make a great Tight End or reciever

I missed most of this discussion today, but just because he is a physical speciman doesn't mean he'd be good. I believe JB mentioned that as well .He played in HS, but now he'd be rusty. Maybe if he went to training camp first? And I bet he never learned to run routes or block properly because he didn't need to in HS due to the fact that he was head-and-shoulders above everyone else.

I don't think LeBron could just step into the NFL and be successful. Besides, he'd be jeopardizing his basketball career, and he wouldn't do that because he has the chance to be one of the best ever.

I don't think LeBron could just step into the NFL and be successful. Besides, he'd be jeopardizing his basketball career, and he wouldn't do that because he has the chance to be one of the best ever.

Keyword is "chance" He is supposedly the NBA's best player, and even with Wade and Bosh he has absolutely nothing to show for it after some 7 years. He has no rings, only 2 disappointing finals finishes

Just as some athletes that play football can play basketball (and other sports). Saying that because an athlete has success in one sport they can have success at another because they played it in highschool is just not accurate (not that you said that). Does nobody remember the Michael Jordan baseball fiasco?

This is exactly where my first thoughts went when I heard this. We (as fans) have been down this road before.

Ah, but JB you forget the Michael Jordan golf success. He has a 1 hdcp, I believe, and is a pro-am competitor

Ah, but JB you forget the Michael Jordan golf success. He has a 1 hdcp, I believe, and is a pro-am competitor

From the few times I've seen him play he doesn't seem like a 1 hdcp.

Keyword is "chance" He is supposedly the NBA's best player, and even with Wade and Bosh he has absolutely nothing to show for it after some 7 years. He has no rings, only 2 disappointing finals finishes

Not gonna lie, I hate people that say that. For all his years on the Cavs he was amazing and put the team on his back. He carried a team whose second best player was Mo Williams to the NBA finals. And as for this year? It clearly takes some time to get used to a brand new team, especially with 3 players that good getting used to their roles.

All season LeBron dominated that team and was the clear leader. In their playoff series against the Bulls (best record in the league), Wade was aweful and who stepped up on offense as well as guarding Derrick Rose? LeBron did.

The guy was great and had one bad offensive series (can't forget he was the best defender on either team in the Finals), and he suddenly sucks? No. He will win rings. To deny it is dumb. And we can't forget that Jordan played with 2 future HOF'ers. LeBron IMO is already one of the greatest, and has the chance to be the greatest.

Give him to Belichick and watch him design spots to take advantage of. Everyone is focusing on the TE because of his size but if he plays WR he will get secondary coverage and that would be huge. Just as Gates is a natural at using his body to shield the ball because of his basketball background LeBron would do the same.

I'd love to see this happen.

Not gonna lie, I hate people that say that. For all his years on the Cavs he was amazing and put the team on his back. He carried a team whose second best player was Mo Williams to the NBA finals. And as for this year? It clearly takes some time to get used to a brand new team, especially with 3 players that good getting used to their roles.

All season LeBron dominated that team and was the clear leader. In their playoff series against the Bulls (best record in the league), Wade was aweful and who stepped up on offense as well as guarding Derrick Rose? LeBron did.

The guy was great and had one bad offensive series (can't forget he was the best defender on either team in the Finals), and he suddenly sucks? No. He will win rings. To deny it is dumb. And we can't forget that Jordan played with 2 future HOF'ers. LeBron IMO is already one of the greatest, and has the chance to be the greatest.

I wasn't saying he was bad in any way, I was just saying that I hate it when people consider him to be the next "Jordan". There never will be another Jordan, especially not LeBron or Kobe. Yes, LeBron did carry the Cavs, but remember that he had no one else to pass to, which makes him seem a lot better than he would have been with any other solid players, like now. And also don't forget that LeBron is playing with 2 likely HOFers right now as well...

Mo Williams wasn't on that team. That team was worse than you remember.

Lebron Would get destroyed in the NFL. Although he is tall, strong, fast, etc. His speed and strength has not been trained for football. Athleticism is not interchangable at the highest level.

Back