LeBron to the NFL?!?!?!

It probably won't happen, but I wish it will! For people who say he can't play in the NFL, look at his body. He is taller than Calvin Johnson, stronger, heavier, and faster than him. He would make a great Tight End or reciever

He might as well. I wish more people had my mentality, in that now that there's a lock out in the NBA, I'll never watch another game or support those greedy bastards. What a slap in the face these over paid premadonna's do to the American public. We've been through/are going through the worst economy in my life time and these guys want more money? Palease!!!! I'm done with all of them.

I won't quit watching because of a lockout. Haven't there been lockouts before? The owners said the players needed to take 57%, the players said ok well we will take 53 to get this deal done. Then the owners said no and cancelled accepting 57.
I hold nothing against somebody who is offered a lot of money and takes it. Shaq even said "am I worth 100 million? No, but I'll take it." the reason I don't mind them being payed a lot is because if the players made less do you think the owners would lower ticket prices or concessions? The ones who do not need a season is the owners, they were billionaires before having an nba team.

As far as Lebron to the nfl that would be interesting. 6'8 260 and more athletic then any tight end in the nfl. I don't know if he would be able to play at that level after not playing since high school though. I say on the goaline though put him in throw it up and he will make people change the phrase "he mossed on him"

The news from twitter Espn had was just that Pete Carroll tweeted him and sent a pic of a Lebron Seahawks jersey after they had been talking about him coming to the nfl. my dolphins could use him and he wouldn't even have to move. I hope he goes to the browns though lol. Then the Cleveland fans will be mad that he goes back to the nba instead of trying to play both sports, which would be impossible schedule wise.

He might as well. I wish more people had my mentality, in that now that there's a lock out in the NBA, I'll never watch another game or support those greedy bastards. What a slap in the face these over paid premadonna's do to the American public. We've been through/are going through the worst economy in my life time and these guys want more money? Palease!!!! I'm done with all of them.

Quoted for pure awesomeness!!

Is it a lockout or a strike??? One is the owners and one is the players.

I won't quit watching because of a lockout. Haven't there been lockouts before? The owners said the players needed to take 57%, the players said ok well we will take 53 to get this deal done. Then the owners said no and cancelled accepting 57.
I hold nothing against somebody who is offered a lot of money and takes it. Shaq even said "am I worth 100 million? No, but I'll take it." the reason I don't mind them being payed a lot is because if the players made less do you think the owners would lower ticket prices or concessions? The ones who do not need a season is the owners, they were billionaires before having an nba team.

As far as Lebron to the nfl that would be interesting. 6'8 260 and more athletic then any tight end in the nfl. I don't know if he would be able to play at that level after not playing since high school though. I say on the goaline though put him in throw it up and he will make people change the phrase "he mossed on him"

The news from twitter Espn had was just that Pete Carroll tweeted him and sent a pic of a Lebron Seahawks jersey after they had been talking about him coming to the nfl. my dolphins could use him and he wouldn't even have to move. I hope he goes to the browns though lol. Then the Cleveland fans will be mad that he goes back to the nba instead of trying to play both sports, which would be impossible schedule wise.

The first bolded part is only one side of the story. If you read both sides you will see how different that really is.
As to the second bolded section, being a gifted athlete and playing in the NFL are two different things. A TE still has to block, run routes, and take hits. If it were as easy as plugging a gifted athlete into the TE position, this would have happened a long time ago with quite a few "non-superstars".

The first bolded part is only one side of the story. If you read both sides you will see how different that really is.
As to the second bolded section, being a gifted athlete and playing in the NFL are two different things. A TE still has to block, run routes, and take hits. If it were as easy as plugging a gifted athlete into the TE position, this would have happened a long time ago with quite a few "non-superstars".

YES!!!! Football is not a plug and play sport. Certainly not able to get away with just being a gifted athlete like you can in basketball.

I think Lebron could do it. once he figured ou tthe sport he would be pretty good. I think the hardest thing to get used to would be catching a ball with a helmet on.

YES!!!! Football is not a plug and play sport. Certainly not able to get away with just being a gifted athlete like you can in basketball.

You think you can get by solely on athleticism in the NBA? Thats a pretty far fetched statement.

Edit: To clarify provide examples of players that get away solely on athleticism, that don't have to worry about plays, positioning, or any of the facets of basketball.

You think you can get by solely on athleticism in the NBA? Thats a pretty far fetched statement.
No, simply stating you cannot get by in football AS MUCH as you can basketball. My opinion, and I know I'm biased from coaching the sport and my utter disdain for basketball as a whole.

My opinion obviously, I fully understand many won't agree, but its still my opinion.

I doubt he could take the hits. Besides he would be crazy to even try it. Too much to lose long term. I have no sympathy for the owners if you can't make money owning a professional sports team in this country you have to be doing something very wrong.

No, simply stating you cannot get by in football AS MUCH as you can basketball. My opinion, and I know I'm biased from coaching the sport and my utter disdain for basketball as a whole.

My opinion obviously, I fully understand many won't agree, but its still my opinion.

I think your bias definitely showed on that statement.

Don't think he could take the psychical contact of football. A foul that would get you thrown out of a basketball game is barely contact in the NFL

Don't think he could take the psychical contact of football. A foul that would get you thrown out of a basketball game is barely contact in the NFL

He'd probably play like a Pro Bowler for Quarters 1-3 and a practice teamer in the 4th.

I definitely don't think you can get by in basketball on pure talent. Just like football, there are alot of skill sets needed.

The only sport I can really think of where you could get by on pure athleticism is track. Just about any sport requires skills that take years to master.

haha I would love to see lebron throw on some pads and get absolutely blown up.

You better believe Cleveland fans would be tuning in to watch him get hit hahaha!

I think your bias definitely showed on that statement.

No different than any bias thinking that one who is athletic could magically play NFL football because they played in high school and are a star in another sport.

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

You're funny.

Lebron wouldn't make it through a half. His body isn't built for football. I doubt he could get off of the line. I doubt he could run a route. I also know he couldn't block anybody. I would love to see it, but more because of the train wreck aspect of it.

No different than any bias thinking that one who is athletic could magically play NFL football because they played in high school and are a star in another sport.

I never said he would succeed in the NFL, what I was arguing is that it is absurd to say that the NBA is a league where a player can get by on pure athleticism, and that the NFL is so much more technical. Just because one requires a certain skill set does not exclude the other league from needing a different skill set.

I never said he would succeed in the NFL, what I was arguing is that it is absurd to say that the NBA is a league where a player can get by on pure athleticism, and that the NFL is so much more technical. Just because one requires a certain skill set does not exclude the other league from needing a different skill set.

And that is your opinion just as its Jman's opinion that it is different. This all came about because someone made the post that because this athlete was gifted athletically that they could play in the NFL. I merely pointed out that I did not believe that was the case. I also dont believe it is the case in the NBA, however I do believe that athleticism plays a larger role there.

I understand, but after the second part you bolded the next sentence was I don't know if he can play at that level. however some basketball players can play football. Antonio gates and peppers are two players that were good bball players. Just a few years ago tons of guys tried out at the combine that were there because of their college basketball days.

I agree he might not have success in the nfl, but he has the potential to be a gamechanger. If nothing else he'd sell a ton of jerseys for a team.

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

I don't see me calling you or your stance ignorant, do you? Attaboy, great way to handle someone else's opinion just because its different than yours.

For the SECOND time, my statement was you could rely more on athleticism in basketball than you could football, not that it was the only thing one would need. In the case of LeBron however one could argue that it also requires a HUGE ego and lack of guts in crunch time of games.

No, simply stating you cannot get by in football AS MUCH as you can basketball.

See?

I however don't think you or your opinion is "ignorant" and hope you have a wonderful day.

I understand, but after the second part you bolded the next sentence was I don't know if he can play at that level. however some basketball players can play football. Antonio gates and peppers are two players that were good bball players. Just a few years ago tons of guys tried out at the combine that were there because of their college basketball days.

I agree he might not have success in the nfl, but he has the potential to be a gamechanger. If nothing else he'd sell a ton of jerseys for a team.

Just as some athletes that play football can play basketball (and other sports). Saying that because an athlete has success in one sport they can have success at another because they played it in highschool is just not accurate (not that you said that). Does nobody remember the Michael Jordan baseball fiasco?

Back