Orange Lake Resort-Ravines (Orlando)

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
So I just got down here early today and wanted to get a round in but knew if I drove somewhere else that it would get dark before I could finish, so I just went down to the Reserve course here at Orange Lake Resort in Orlando. The Legends course is their signature course here, but the photos of the Ravines course looked decent so I thought I'd give it a shot because there were no tee times left for the Legends today. Anyhow...Greens were in great shape, I think the fiarways could have been in a little better shape. Seemed as though they were quite thin, not much grass to them at all. Greens rolled pretty smoothe although not very fast. Anyhow, it is a pretty narrow course with a couple of holes that give you a little more room. I drove the ball pretty well overall today, had one 4-putt on the 9th hole that put me at a 40 for the front, and then it completely fell apart on the back 9. Started with a quad, followed by a double and then another quad. Had a few pars in a row before finishing with another bogey and then par. Overall I would say the difficulty is about a 6/10, mainly because of having narrow fairways that have OB left and right on many holes, and quite a bit of water. For the $25 I paid to play including cart it was worth it. Gotta figure out what went wrong on the back 9 though, don't want to embarrass myself in front of some fellow THPers as the week goes on...

EDIT: SORRY I DONT KNOW WHY I CALLED IT RAVINES ON THE TOPIC, MUST HAVE HAD COG HILL ON MY MIND...ANYHOW MEANT RESERVES

I was wondering if they added a new track. The legends is sweet if you get a chance to play. The reserve is nice as well. See you thursday

Enjoy your time in FL. Ingolfer. Keep us posted !! Great time of year to escape.

Yeah the Legends is a nice track I played that one the last time we stayed here, I think we are playing that one Tuesday morning before we head over to Sarasota for the rest of the week. I had not played the Reserve course before, overall I would rate it a 6.5/10. I wish I had more time to spend around Orlando for some golf, but there are some pretty sweet tracks around Bradenton/Sarasota as well. I have never played in Tampa before, but Westchase looks pretty nice.

Are you not playing Grand Cypress? I thought you said you were playing all the courses there?

Definitely hitting up Grand Cypress. When we first got to the resort we were trying to figure out if we would have enough time to get over to the New Course and finish before dark, we decided to play it safe and go for the Reserve here on the resort which was good because we finished just as the sun was setting. If we had made the drive to Grand Cypress we probably would not have finished. I am going to Disney World tomorrow morning and then in the afternoon I am heading to Grand Cypress. Not sure if I am going to play the New Course or the N/S/E courses tomorrow. Anyhow, Grand Cypress is definitely going to get played. We have also been discussing going there Tuesday morning instead of the Legends as well since we have played that one before. Just playing by ear as far as when we will get there, but I will not miss it!

I played today and it was the first time in months I didn't break a sweat. The high was 82 with a light breeze. Great golfing weather. Have fun at the Mouse house and bring a poncho. Might get some afternoon showers.

Thanks for the review, I see some great deals on the Reserve course on the tee times links, I guess I will have to check it out here soon enough, would love to play the Legends course also. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Great deals on some tee times at grand cypress first thing tomorrow morning. Gotta keep an eye on the weather now though, looks like we could get a lot of rain here tomorrow. When I checked last week it was supposed to be sunny all week. I guess I could just play in the rain to get the full british open feel at the new course :act-up: worst case scenario if it rains out our rounds later today and tomorrow we have decided we would drive back here this weekend before we go home so we can make sure we get to play it.

Back