Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How it OKLA ST #6? I would say Texas is playing pretty good, but what a boring game.

Because the Big 12 is highly overrated. Seriously, Ok State is not good at defense.

Because the Big 12 is highly overrated. Seriously, Ok State is not good at defense.

Just like the Big 10(or whatever they are now)

Just like the Big 10(or whatever they are now)

Yup....I mean Wisconsin steam rolls everyone in that conference b/c it sucks.

If OK State can stop the run, Texas can't do anything else.

Yup....I mean Wisconsin steam rolls everyone in that conference b/c it sucks.

If OK State can stop the run, Texas can't do anything else.

Wisconsin is the only team in the conference really, this year atleast. I really need Oklahoma to lose sometime this year so that boise can have a chance at the title.

South Carolina beat Mississippi State 14-12, 2 big stories out of that game. First, Marcus Lattimore suffered a left knee injury when he got rolled into by another player while he was downfield blocking. He left the game on crutches and a knee immobilizer. Hopefully it's just an MCL injury, but if he hurt his ACL, then a Heisman Trophy contender and the best running back in the country is out for the year.

The second story is more amusing: South Carolina was up 14-10, and then took an intentional safety on the last play of the game, so the final score was 14-12. Depending on what odds you looked at, South Carolina was a 3-point or 3.5-point favorite on the game. So the very last play of the game resulted in South Carolina not covering the spread. Darren Rovell of CNBC tweeted earlier today that the final play of the game, and the resulting change in the outcome vs. the spread, was a $30 million dollar change in terms of payouts in Vegas!

I was at the MSU and SC game today my first sec experience and I loved it. Miss State has a good defense but man is their QB bad

But arguably the best offense in football.

No. 7 Gorillas Roll to 69-6 Homecoming Win Over Blue Tigers

PITTSBURG — No. 7 Pitt State raced out to a 36-0 first quarter lead and never looked back en route to a 69-6 Homecoming victory over Lincoln Saturday (Oct. 15) at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium. The Gorillas (7-0, 6-0 MIAA) scored two minutes into the game and the points kept coming against the Blue Tigers (1-6, 0-6 MIAA).

Pitt State scored three times on defense in the contest: Joe Windscheffel returned a blocked punt 29 yards for a touchdown and Naeem Forester returned a fumble 61 yards for a score in the first quarter. Avery Adair also returned a blocked punt 28 yards for a third-quarter touchdown. Quarterback Zac Dickey rushed for a pair of scores in limited action. He capped the Gorillas' game-opening drive with a seven-yard run and he added a 33-yard touchdown jaunt later in the opening period.

Backup quarterback Anthony Abenoja tossed a pair of touchdown passes in his first extended action of the season Abenoja tossed a 43-yard strike to John Brown and a 54-yard connection to Jon Thomas in the second quarter as the Gorillas opened up a 50-0 halftime advantage. Jeff Seybold added a third-quarter touchdown run and Chase McCoy booted short field goals of 23 and 21 yards in the second half. The Gorillas rushed the ball for 274 yards on 39 carries and added 149 yards through the air in the contest.

Lincoln broke up Pitt State's shutout bid with a two-yard touchdown run by Maurice Woodard with 8:08 remaining in the game. The Gorillas limited the Blue Tigers to 105 net rushing yards and 184 total yards in the contest. Pitt State forced three turnovers – two interceptions and a fumble – in the game.

Israem Maselera and Nate Dreiling logged five tackles apiece to lead the Gorillas. Dreiling had 2.5 tackles-for-loss. Pitt State recorded 12.0 TFLs and 3.0 quarterback sacks in the contest.

The Gorillas will travel to Warrensburg, Mo., to face MIAA rival Central Missouri next Saturday (Oct. 22).

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=383918

Always fun to beat the Gators, no matter how ugly the win is.

Always great to be an Auburn Tiger. My flight home to Florida tomorrow should be a fun one.

Wow te Gorillas are really rolling right now! Great win, hope to see some more of it!

another disappointing year for us UT fans.. looking forward to the Alabama/LSU game. Alabama is just so dominating this year.

But arguably the best offense in football.

It's all relative I guess. They have a good offense in a weak conference. No way they put those kinds of numbers up against some of the defenses in the SEC.

There's two dominant football teams in college football and they face off in a couple of weeks in Tuscaloosa, AL. That will be my Nat'l Championship game right there. Bama plays football like men. They're so unreal to watch.

This is for all you FSU fans. I just had breakfast with the legend himself, Mr Bobby Bowden. I just happened to seated next to him at Phillips Seafood in Hartfield and he struck up a conversation about golf. Good guy, nice to talk to.

This is for all you FSU fans. I just had breakfast with the legend himself, Mr Bobby Bowden. I just happened to seated next to him at Phillips Seafood in Hartfield and he struck up a conversation about golf. Good guy, nice to talk to.

Does he prefer graphite or steel, dangummit?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

JB- is Landry Jones a legit pro prospect? Every time I see him play I just don't get blown away by his stuff

How it OKLA ST #6? I would say Texas is playing pretty good, but what a boring game.
Texas was running the ball well but they will just not let the freshman throw the ball much in big games (which is understandable). The kid is taking his bumps but getting some good experience this year. He wasn't even expected to hit the field this year, but due to our QB issues, was forced in early. Boring game 38-26?? We understand that the SEC is the snizzle but the Big 12 has always been in the mix for the BCS games and NC. OKS is 5-0 with some good wins...but yes, the OU game will probably decide which team is playing in the NC game this year (make no mistake, it will not be 2 SEC teams).

Highly overrated.....wow, I understand this is SEC country over here but I think the Big 12 has done plenty to prove it's self over the last couple of years that they can play with anyone. OKS numbers on D are not good but in 3 of their 5 games they have had a huge lead and pulled most of their 1st stringers in the 2nd half. OKS is a good team, maybe not NC teams but good.

JB- is Landry Jones a legit pro prospect? Every time I see him play I just don't get blown away by his stuff

I'm not JB, but have seen every game Landry has played. He's #4 on Mel Kiper Jr.'s big board and everybody hypes him up because of his stats. Personally, I think he's a product of the system he's in and a lot of other QB's could come in and put up similar numbers at OU. If you watch him in big games or crunch time he looks terrified. He get big-eyed and his feet start dancing big time. Last week against Texas was the first time I've ever been impressed with the way he's played in a big game. I do love my OU football, but don't think he has what it takes to win a national championship or be a good NFL QB.

I have been reading a ton about him lately. Tools wise, absolutely. His system makes him look better. He reminds me of Michael Crabtree in that regard that physically he had the tools, but the system made those tools look better than he is. However looking at scouting reports, most are pretty high on him right now across the league. He is 6'4 or so and has the weight already at 225 or so. He makes good decisions overall, but we know that the defenses he has looked his best against are sub par. He is not a Sam Bradford #1 overall guy in my opinion, but he could develop rather nicely and most scouts seem to think the guy has what it takes.

This might sound crazy, but when I look at him I see Tony Romo. The same struggles Landry has are the ones that Romo has. Both CAN overcome them with the right people behind them. Happy feet, hold the ball too long, refusal to throw ball away and tunnel vision. These are all things that most can overcome and the top tier starters in this league all have to battle them.

Highly overrated.....wow, I understand this is SEC country over here but I think the Big 12 has done plenty to prove it's self over the last couple of years that they can play with anyone. OKS numbers on D are not good but in 3 of their 5 games they have had a huge lead and pulled most of their 1st stringers in the 2nd half. OKS is a good team, maybe not NC teams but good.

I'm not talking about the past couple of years, I'm talking about this year. I believe the Big 12 is overrated. I think there's hardly a sign of defense in the entire conference. I'm sorry, but when you look past the top three teams in that conference (OU, OK St. and A&M, it's a pretty lack luster conference). It's just a sign of the times my man.

I have been reading a ton about him lately. Tools wise, absolutely. His system makes him look better. He reminds me of Michael Crabtree in that regard that physically he had the tools, but the system made those tools look better than he is. However looking at scouting reports, most are pretty high on him right now across the league. He is 6'4 or so and has the weight already at 225 or so. He makes good decisions overall, but we know that the defenses he has looked his best against are sub par. He is not a Sam Bradford #1 overall guy in my opinion, but he could develop rather nicely and most scouts seem to think the guy has what it takes.

This might sound crazy, but when I look at him I see Tony Romo. The same struggles Landry has are the ones that Romo has. Both CAN overcome them with the right people behind them. Happy feet, hold the ball too long, refusal to throw ball away and tunnel vision. These are all things that most can overcome and the top tier starters in this league all have to battle them.

Yeah you're crazy buddy lol. You and I talk a lot of draft and agree n disagree on things but I never would've figured on that comparison. I'm thinking Ryan Mallett?

Yeah you're crazy buddy lol. You and I talk a lot of draft and agree n disagree on things but I never would've figured on that comparison. I'm thinking Ryan Mallett?

The comparison with their decision making maybe, but Mallett is just a bigger guy overall.

The comparison with their decision making maybe, but Mallett is just a bigger guy overall.

True. I just don't see Jones moving around like romo though

He tends to get happy feet when sitting in the pocket, I can see how that would resemble Romo.

Im not really referring to his scrambling abilities and more about his decision making and "cons" that he has right now.

Landry Jones can rock a sweet stache! I think there's some interesting QB prospects for the next level: Kellen Moore, Russell Wilson, Landry Jones. I wonder what thoughts are about Brandon Weeden? He's a little old but that dude has a cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back