Buying wife a set of golf clubs. Any suggestions?

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I am planning on buying my wife a set of golf clubs for Christmas. Doesnt have to be anything great. Looking to get the complete set package (driver, woods, irons, bag etc). I saw top flite set for $200 I think. I have never bought clubs for a woman before so don't even know where to start. She is begging me to go out on the course with me so it is about time.

Thanks,

DR

$200 isnt bad.

I bought my girlfriend a set of used clubs for under $100 that has worked out great.

More than anything, she was excited about buying the bag and shoes.

I made sure the shafts were graphite to keep the weight down.

I joke with her that we should have just bought her a junior set. She only uses 3 clubs. Driver, wedge, and putter.

I hope your wife enjoys golfing with you.

$200 isnt bad.

I bought my girlfriend a set of used clubs for under $100 that has worked out great.

More than anything, she was excited about buying the bag and shoes.

I made sure the shafts were graphite to keep the weight down.

I joke with her that we should have just bought her a junior set. She only uses 3 clubs. Driver, wedge, and putter.

I hope your wife enjoys golfing with you.

Thanks. I just have to make sure the bag and clubs have pink somewhere on them..lol

My advice...DON'T DO IT!!! HAHAHAHA JK

My advice...DON'T DO IT!!! HAHAHAHA JK

LOL. She is cool. She would never stop me from going with my buddies. I would just have to plan it with her separately.

Check out globalgolf.com really good prices on used clubs and they list the condition. I bought my gf a set of cobras from there last year - like new condition and she loves them. Good clubs at really good prices.

Check out globalgolf.com really good prices on used clubs and they list the condition. I bought my gf a set of cobras from there last year - like new condition and she loves them. Good clubs at really good prices.

Thats where I found the Top Flites. I love that site.

Thats where I found the Top Flites. I love that site.
Me too- they have unreal deals on stuff out of season or discontinued. Good luck with the clubs!

I am planning on buying my wife a set of golf clubs for Christmas. Doesnt have to be anything great. Looking to get the complete set package (driver, woods, irons, bag etc). I saw top flite set for $200 I think. I have never bought clubs for a woman before so don't even know where to start. She is begging me to go out on the course with me so it is about time.

Thanks,

DR

My first set was Acuity from Dicks Sporting Goods and it was $199 for the entire set and the bag. You can also look at the Adams Sqaure 2 sets, Wilson Staff Hope, Nickent (if you can find them) and of course check with Patty at Blind9Golf. I am sure she can get you a great deal and help you decide what to get.

My first set was Acuity from Dicks Sporting Goods and it was $199 for the entire set and the bag. You can also look at the Adams Sqaure 2 sets, Wilson Staff Hope, Nickent (if you can find them) and of course check with Patty at Blind9Golf. I am sure she can get you a great deal and help you decide what to get.

Thanks GG. I knew I could count on you :)

I would rather get something that has bag, putter and woods. Just looking to save some money. Thanks buddy.

I would rather get something that has bag, putter and woods. Just looking to save some money. Thanks buddy.

check around on those top flites, something makes me think that it was $200 for them in most places, but a few places online had them for $175, might have even been ebay and that included shipping. I was looking for a set for my step dad a few months back

check around on those top flites, something makes me think that it was $200 for them in most places, but a few places online had them for $175, might have even been ebay and that included shipping. I was looking for a set for my step dad a few months back

I will. Thanks broseph

I, too, am starting to look for a set for my wife. Her first question was, "Can I get these in Pink?". There seems to be a DNA code in women for the color pink! Just Kidding!!!!

So, I'm trying to find pink graphite shafts for her. Thanks for the info, GG.

My wife took up golf the same time as I did. At the beginning, I was improving weekly and she was TERRIBLE! I kept telling my golf buddies that she'd quit the game soon and won't continue to slow us down. Guess what"? Not only did she NOT quit, she kept getting better and better, has shot some rounds in the 70's and consistantly beats me every week! Oh, to answer your original question; her second set of clubs were a set of Adams, and she loves 'em! Good luck!

I, too, am starting to look for a set for my wife. Her first question was, "Can I get these in Pink?". There seems to be a DNA code in women for the color pink! Just Kidding!!!!

So, I'm trying to find pink graphite shafts for her. Thanks for the info, GG.

The Top Flite set is pink buddy. I am leaning towards that. When the time comes I will check with our friends at Blind9 Golf.

Thanks. I just have to make sure the bag and clubs have pink somewhere on them..lol

First thing she had to have was a Pink / Black bag.

It actually doesn't look half bad.

I will look when I get home. Can you just post a pic if possible? Ebay is blocked at work. Thanks.

oh boy im not good at that, heres my shot at trying to get it to work

$(KGrHqN,!hcE47bjzBzQBOPE3qD04w~~0_3.JPG

11-piece set features every club needed from tee to green. All clubs feature graphite shafts except putter.
460cc titanium composite driver features large sweet spot for extreme distance. Headcover included.
Matching fairway wood with high MOI for forgiveness and accuracy. Headcover included.
#5 hybrid replaces long irons and offers distance and versatility. Headcover included.
7, 9, and SW traditional irons feature generous cavity backs and perimeter weighting for control and forgiveness.
Large mallet style putter with a helpful alignment aid offers exceptional feel.
Lightweight stand bag with padded dual straps for carrying ease. Rain hood included.

That is the set I was looking at. Those are the Top Flites.

yeah that seller has them for $153 including shipping, heck of a deal since they are new

Buy her lessons instead. Find and instuctor that has extra ladies clubs for her to use. Once she has some kind of swing, get her to a fitter. don't halfarse it with a set of walmart clubs.

Back