Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must mean that Clemens, Mcgwire, Sosa, etc... Never did them either

I also don't really care if he took them, because back when he was asked about them they were not banned by baseball. However, lying to a Grand Jury was and still is illegal. He should have just copped to it and he'd probably still be playing.

I'm not saying they didn't do them, I just don't care whether they did or not. MLB may have had a rule against using them, but they never caught them doing it. Without a positive test they can't prove anything.

I believe that their accomplishments in the game should stand, asteriks(sp?) free. Steroids doesn't improve your hand/eye coordination.

It does not, but it does improve your muscle recovery and swing speed.

I also don't really care if he took them, because back when he was asked about them they were not banned by baseball. However, lying to a Grand Jury was and still is illegal. He should have just copped to it and he'd probably still be playing.

I don't think Bonds will ever admit any wrong doing. He saw what happened to Pete Rose, remember how he denied betting on baseball for all those years. He finally admitted to it, hoping to be let into the HOF and now he is just a gambler and a liar. They still aren't going to let him into the Hall, even though his accomplishments on the field more than justify him being there.

The only one with a set big enough to admit using 'roids was Canseco. Yeah he did it in the wrong way but atleast he was man enough to admit to it. The fans, owners and other players all know Mcgwire, Sosa, and Clemens were on the 'roids. The owners and other players also know exactly who was and who wasn't using 'roids. You can't tell me that LaRussa, didn't know Mac and Canseco were injecting in Oakland and that Mac was still doing it in St. Louis. You can compare pictures of Canseco, Mac, and Bonds and see how they all shot up in a short period of time.

I think Giambi admitted to it too.

Giambi didnt really admit it publicly. He did so in leaded grand jury testimony. Then when confronted by USA Today he kind of half hearted said some stuff.

Canseco is a tool, he only admitted it and dropped the dime on his buddies to make a quick buck.
I know that they did it, I'm saying I don't care that they did. At that time MLB didn't care that they were doing it.

Looks like it will be another year to root for my Reds until about the All Star break and then turn them off and wait for Football season. Hopefully Cueto and Volquez will come out throwing the heat again and I'll want to watch a couple games a week.

The funny thing about steroids were that they saved baseball after the strike. I think we all knew what was going on, im not stupid.

As for your Reds Bogey, I think they might be decent this year. If Harang and Arroyo have bounce back years, and you throw Volquez and Cueto in the mix, thats a pretty solid 1-4. I liked the idea of the Bailey for Dye trade, that would of set the middle of the line up.

The funny thing about steroids were that they saved baseball after the strike. I think we all knew what was going on, im not stupid.

As for your Reds Bogey, I think they might be decent this year. If Harang and Arroyo have bounce back years, and you throw Volquez and Cueto in the mix, thats a pretty solid 1-4. I liked the idea of the Bailey for Dye trade, that would of set the middle of the line up.

Our rotation will be pretty solid if all four show up. I'm not sure who we'll run out there in the fifth spot. Maybe they will stick with a four man rotation.

We don't really need another outfielder. And from what I've heard Dye isn't a pleasure to have in the clubhouse.

I think the clubhouse chemistry thing is blown out of proportion sometimes. Dye was a important part of that 2005 Sox team.

I dont know if you guys have seen or heard it, but it looks like Furcal has backed out of a gentlemans agreement with the Braves to continue negotiating with the Dodgers.

I dont know if you guys have seen or heard it, but it looks like Furcal has backed out of a gentlemans agreement with the Braves to continue negotiating with the Dodgers.

I seen that this morning. I thought he was all but packed for Atlanta. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

I found out Pitchers and Catchers report for the Reds on February 14 and players report Feb. 19. I hope they pick up a few more outfielders. Right now we've got 3 on the 40 man roster and everyone knows you can't have just 3 outfielders.

I hope they pick up a few more outfielders. Right now we've got 3 on the 40 man roster and everyone knows you can't have just 3 outfielders.

I would think they have to, and why would you trade Freel when your short outfielders? I know they signed Lance Nix, but I dont think that will be much help either. I still think Homer Bailey is trade bait for a new outfielder. The guy still has decent trade value.

I would think they have to, and why would you trade Freel when your short outfielders? I know they signed Lance Nix, but I dont think that will be much help either. I still think Homer Bailey is trade bait for a new outfielder. The guy still has decent trade value.

Going into last season we had outfielders coming out of our ears. This year we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for an extra outfielder. I guess Jocketty is playing the waiting game with the free agent market. He wants to wait a little while before making a move hoping some of the stock will come down on a few guys.

Bogey,
It is once again about having good young talent and never being able to keep them. You guys were loaded with outfielders. But they had to trade them away for younger talent.

Bogey,
It is once again about having good young talent and never being able to keep them.

Besides Dunn, I cant really think of anyone the Reds have had that was worth keeping around. They gave up on Pena, Kearns and Casey because they werent amounting to much. I think its changing now, but for a while the Reds had to be one of the worst run organizations. Its a shame too because the Reds used to be one of the bigger markets.

How about Josh Hamilton

How about Josh Hamilton

That was a trade that worked out for both of them. The Reds had Jay Bruce waiting in the wings and Volquez is a stud. I wonder why the Rangers even made that trade considering they always need pitching.

Agreed. It very much worked out for both teams. But they unloaded an entire outfield in Griffey and Dunn and him with in 12 months.

Besides Dunn, I cant really think of anyone the Reds have had that was worth keeping around. They gave up on Pena, Kearns and Casey because they werent amounting to much. I think its changing now, but for a while the Reds had to be one of the worst run organizations. Its a shame too because the Reds used to be one of the bigger markets.

Out of those three the only one I miss is Casey. He was the man in the clubhouse. Kearns was often injured and when he wasn't he was stuck in a hitting slump.

I didn't like the Hamilton trade but seeing Volquez pitch has eased the pain a little. I hated losing his bat but I hated losing his defense more.

Griffey is/was getting older but still hated to see him go.

Dunn we couldn't get rid of fast enough in my opinion.

The one I wish they would get rid of is Edwin. I can't stand the guy. I haven't liked him since day one. I just don't see what potential everyone else sees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back