Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Thank you! I think you'd be quite fond of the ballflight on these.

Maybe dude. I've never hit Adams hybrid/irons before.

Based on all the feedback so far, it seems that I have yet another set of irons to consider when I get a new set come winter time!

So what's the low down on these irons? How does the slot technology work with them? How well do the newer hybrid irons play? What are u finding out Spank and others? What's the buzz on these a12Os irons? Just curious!

Last edited:
Maybe dude. I've never hit Adams hybrid/irons before.

I have been playing Adams hybrid/irons for the past year and I don't know where my game would be without them! Funny I never used to be able to hit a 3 hybrid as far as my driver and now I can! Check them out - even the a7Os would be a worthy try! But go for the a12Os irons if you want to go with what's new and improved!

So what's the low down on these irons? Are they as good or better than the a7Os which I am currently playing? How does the slot technology work with them? How well do the newer hybrid irons play? What are u finding out Spank and others? Is it a worthwhile upgrade or just stick with the a7Os irons? Just curious!
Take a look at some of the inital thoughts, Gerry.

A few people have gotten these and a few more shoulf get them today. My test clubs are here in Kansas City but not at my local facility yet. They will be delivered tomorrow. Not sure how many, if any have the A7OS clubs.

Thank you! I think you'd be quite fond of the ballflight on these.

TC, how would you the ball flight is great on the a12Os irons? Interesting to move up to the 4, 5, and 6 hybrids right away. Seems to be the trend these days though!

Last edited:
Take a look at some of the inital thoughts, Gerry.

A few people have gotten these and a few more shoulf get them today. My test clubs are here in Kansas City but not at my local facility yet. They will be delivered tomorrow. Not sure how many, if any have the A7OS clubs.

Ok, Smallville. I hear ya. Just hearing how the testing is going will be encouraging enough. Good luck with that! Will keep my eyes and ears open to what is happening as the testing experience develops.

I haven't received my irons yet but did get a chance to see Dawgdaddy play 18 holes with his. I captured a couple pictures while we were out.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Mashie and Adams a12 OS 4 hybrid. The Mashie obviously has more offset
DSCF9824.jpg

Here's a shot Dawgdaddy hit with his gap wedge on a short par 3 over the water for an easy birdie. I'll let him tell more about his round.

DSCF9825.jpg

I did get a chance to hit his 4 and 5 hybrids today and I hit them well. I used the 4h on our #2 fairway and DD measured it at 184 yards which is way longer than normal for me but I do believe I got a ton of roll out of that shot. I hit the 5 hybrid a couple times and was very pleased with the results. The ball flight on the hybrids was high but not too high at all. The distance was really good but I'm not going to say it was longer than the Mashie that I've been using until I do further testing. I did manage to pull the 5 hybrid on our #3 par 3 hole just like I've been doing with my Mashie. I thought it might be a problem with the Mashie's offset but now I know it's all me! :)

I'm hoping to have pictures of my clubs later tonight. They are on the truck for delivery so they could arrive at any time.

Great side by side with the Mashie the Adams looks much larger then the mashie in that picture as well as having quite a bit less offset. Is that the case or is it the 2 colors just making it look larger?

I have always liked a very thin top line and some Game Improvement irons are pushing it. Does the view at address bother anyone or do you forget about it after you have hit them a few times?

Great side by side with the Mashie the Adams looks much larger then the mashie in that picture as well as having quite a bit less offset. Is that the case or is it the 2 colors just making it look larger?

The Adams hybrid is a bit larger than the Mashie. I'll have more detailed pictures up soon. My clubs just arrived!

The Adams hybrid is a bit larger than the Mashie. I'll have more detailed pictures up soon. My clubs just arrived!
Exciting stuff KB! Look forward to them.

TC, how would you say the ball flight compares to the a7Os irons? Do they feel longer? Interesting to move up to the 4, 5, and 6 hybrids right away. Seems to be the trend these days though!

I don't have these irons or hybrids so I can't answer your question. Sorry man.

Say what? I must have missed that....I have those shafts in my 3 and 5 wood and they are hands down perfect for me. I did not realize that these came as a standard option in this Adams set.

yes but the only identifing marks on them are a sticker. I post a pic of one in my unboxing pics

The shafts in my set have all of the graphics already on them, they are sweet feeling and I am getting more distance than I was with the TT Dynamic Gold SL's I was using before.

Last edited:
I haven't received my irons yet but did get a chance to see Dawgdaddy play 18 holes with his. I captured a couple pictures while we were out.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Mashie and Adams a12 OS 4 hybrid. The Mashie obviously has more offset

Here's a shot Dawgdaddy hit with his gap wedge on a short par 3 over the water for an easy birdie. I'll let him tell more about his round.

That shot was the hole that Ole Gray made his HIO on a few months ago, my Leupold is out of commission right now so on we did not have the exact distance, the 100 yard marker was right next to the tee and the pin may have been 2 yards behind center, so maybe a 102 yard controlled swing with the GW to 2 1/2 feet past the hole. OG hit his about 16 feet past the hole and rolled back to around 10-12 feet and sank his putt too.

I did get a chance to hit his 4 and 5 hybrids today and I hit them well. I used the 4h on our #2 fairway and DD measured it at 184 yards which is way longer than normal for me but I do believe I got a ton of roll out of that shot. I hit the 5 hybrid a couple times and was very pleased with the results. The ball flight on the hybrids was high but not too high at all. The distance was really good but I'm not going to say it was longer than the Mashie that I've been using until I do further testing. I did manage to pull the 5 hybrid on our #3 par 3 hole just like I've been doing with my Mashie. I thought it might be a problem with the Mashie's offset but now I know it's all me! :)

I'm hoping to have pictures of my clubs later tonight. They are on the truck for delivery so they could arrive at any time.

I had a disappointing score today but it was not because of the Adams clubs they were spot on, on the second hole KB mentioned I also hit the 4H and played a baby draw right down the middle, the fairway was very dry and it ended up being 226 yards, way long for me. One the 4th hole I hit a tree limb on a par 4 and dropped straight down, the ball was 206 to a back pin, the ball was about 3 inches below my feet and in a fairly barren type of lie with very little grass, I hit a rope straight as an arrow and did make the green but it is a two tier green and I only made it half way up the hill, under the cirmstances that was my shot of the day.

Ole Gray hit the 4H on one hole and he recorded 206 on that hole, both he an KB hit some good shots with the Adams a 12 OS clubs and I think when KB gets to play hers with the proper shaft she is going to be really hitting these clubs great. I had a great time with my 2 friends today even though both wore me out on the course, I need short game lessons I guess. After I rest a bit and collect my thoughts I will write a bit more tonight about the clubs performance.

Thanks for the pre review recap DD. You guys are getting some serious distance out of those longer hybrids. Any idea how much is carry vs roll?

Tappin' from my iPad!

I got to hit Dawgdaddy's clubs today and really enjoyed the feel of these hybrids. I hit his 4 hybrid on hole #2 and we measured it at 206 yds. DD hit it about 226! It has awesome distance and the ball has a nice trajectory. No balloon type effect on the ball trajectory. I used the irons on a couple more holes and was surprised at the distance I was getting. I hit one shot a bit chunky and still got decent carry. I look forward to hitting more shots with either DawgDaddy or KellyBo's clubs and posting my thoughts on here. I can say for now these clubs are forgiving with very good distance. They are actually kind of yummy!

Nice job Dawgdaddy, sounds like those are rockets with both shots longer than expected. By the way, you sound a little like Colonel Sanders, but in a good way, lol. Just curious here, but what do you think of the weight and flex of these? Mine will likely be much different with steel shafts, but still curious compared to what you were playing before.

Actually they feel a little heavy even thought the ProLaunch shafts are 60 gms. I was kind of surprised by that, today while we were playing OG used the 8 iron on the 10th tee and he even commented that they did feel heavy compared to what he expected. I am glad that they are heavy enough to feel through the swing. I am beginning to fall in love with these clubs and will be getting them extended and the lie checked this week.
As far as your bolded statement goes, hey we both love fried chicken - guess that is what makes us talk like that down here in the south. :D

Thanks for the pre review recap DD. You guys are getting some serious distance out of those longer hybrids. Any idea how much is carry vs roll?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Our fairways are hard now and since we don't have a good watering system I am sure we got better than average roll out. Even with the generous roll out the club probably carried for me 190 at least. I was surprised because it is a tight hole and I was basically just trying to put it out in play with an easy swing and still got awesome distance.

Tappin' from my iPad!
My best guess on the second one I mentioned is maybe 10-12 yards roll, the 226 was on a hard fairway and had that nice draw on it so I am guessing 40 yards roll on that one. Maybe OG can give you his guesstimation.

Hey KellyBo looking forward to hearing when you get the new clubs! Look forward to your posts here. Good to hear some good things already about how well the hybrids play. I don't mind the offset I currently have on the a7Os irons but good to see that Adams a12Os irons are playing so well. The Mashie is good for players needing more offset but it looks like the a12Os hybrids have plenty of boom to them so there are always going to be trade offs!

Just got myself caught up! Love all the feedback so far. Yoccos your writeup was fantastic! Thanks to all the testers for being great thus far!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Back