September 2011 News Letter - Iron Test, Bridgestone J40 Wedges, Cleveland Black Driv

Just finished reading the news letter. Very exciting news about the upcoming testing, and the interview with Nate in regards to that sweet looking new Black CG driver was awesome.

wow....where to start. this newsletter was great!! j40 Wedges are so slick looking
I want to see the limited edition C Kua right now!
What animals are you going to have with the new daphnes?
Awesome club seeding coming up, I think Adams has wonderful iron sets so whoever gets chosen is in for a treat.

just finished reading the newsletter for this month, and what a great one. Love that new Daphne's Headcovers are coming to the THP store, as I love the Cat that I have now. The interview about the new Black driver was a great read as well. I know this driver isn't designed for me, but I wish it was as it looks fantastic and I would game it in a second if it was. Finally, the new testing for the Adams Hybrid Iron set was very exciting. I know there are going to be some very lucky forum testers in the near future, these look like a great set for people who have trouble with the long irons. Thanks for another great newsletter THP.

The interview was really informative and I'm glad that you guys did it. I can see exactly where Cleveland Black fits into the current line. I'm going to have to try this one out as I really liked the 290. I'm interested in seeing what the flex code on the shaft is.

As for the J40's, I appreciate the added info on them. I was curious about the lofts and hadn't seen any information out there yet. I like a 50° wedge as well, but if neccessary I think you could bend these pretty easily.

As I have thought about this interview this morning, it almost sounded to me like the Black Driver is another tool to their existing line of RightWeight drivers instead of a replacement for anything. This made me wonder if Cleveland is planning doing a total yearly refresh for Spring 2012, or if they are just adding products to compliment the XL270, SL290 and 310 drivers and they think they can get another year out of that existing line.

As I have thought about this interview this morning, it almost sounded to me like the Black Driver is another tool to their existing line of RightWeight drivers instead of a replacement for anything. This made me wonder if Cleveland is planning doing a total yearly refresh for Spring 2012, or if they are just adding products to compliment the XL270, SL290 and 310 drivers and they think they can get another year out of that existing line.

They are not going anywhere I dont think. As mentioned in the Black driver thread, this is not a replacement of the line, but an extension. And one that adds a new element in looks to it.

great job on the newsletter as always JB and GG!

I believe Cleveland is going in the right direction with the Black Driver. Not so much the color scheme, but with lighter head and altered shaft profile to go along with it. Not confident that taking an extra five grams of the head off the head does much but what intrigues me more is the shaft. I am a slower swing player with a C. Kua 39 in senior flex. I would like to see a C. Kua with even more flex to it, as with the Black Driver. My only wish is that they would carry a Draw version of the Black Driver.

The THP Newsletter Volume #9 was packed with just that...news and some good news at that.

The more I hear about the Bridgestone J40 wedges and the Cleveland Black driver, the more I can't wait to hit them.

I've always liked the selection THP had in their store and now they are adding another Daphne's headcover. Two great companies teaming up to add more incredible product, what more could you ask for?

Plus another forum test for the new Adams a12 OS Hybrid irons. What more could readers and forum members alike ask for?

Well done THP!

Great newsletter. I love the Black line from Cleveland and the Bridgestone wedges look epic! Only my second newsletter but I'm looking forward to many more!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Back