TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Got the spider today- tore the grip off and put a midsize iomic with 4 wraps of tape under it on.

Cut 4 inches off

Added 2x 8 gram weights to the head

1x 100 gram opti-vibe weight to the shaft

1x 20 gram tour lock pro weight to cap it off

Love it! Perfect size; weighting is incredible and the head just aligns so well.

Wow, so your Spider now roughly weighs 488 grams?

Wow, so your Spider now roughly weighs 488 grams?

Yea but I like heavy, feels smoother easier to keep online and square. The tour ghost line has always been pretty light IMO.

why waist the 250 man, I know im not one to talk about buying stuff to try out but this putter is just money lol

i dunno i just always think something else is gonna be better. the spider is by far the best putter i have ever used. but that doesn't mean there isn't something else thats even better out there. plus i think the sydney is close to the spider and i think i might like the alignment a little better than the ghost.

i dunno i just always think something else is gonna be better. the spider is by far the best putter i have ever used. but that doesn't mean there isn't something else thats even better out there. plus i think the sydney is close to the spider and i think i might like the alignment a little better than the ghost.
I tried the sydney yesterday. I didn't like it at all. I haven't decided if I will get the spider yet, but I liked it much better than the ping.

I tried the sydney yesterday. I didn't like it at all. I haven't decided if I will get the spider yet, but I liked it much better than the ping.

i actually think they are pretty close the big difference is the insert /non insert. i think the ping is hotter off the face but that might help me from keeping them just short.

i actually think they are pretty close the big difference is the insert /non insert. i think the ping is hotter off the face but that might help me from keeping them just short.
Yeah, I didn't like the face. It seemed quite a bit lighter too. Just my thoughts.

yeah im not sure of the weights but it did seem a little lighter. im pretty sure ill be buying the sydney once the price comes down really would like to get more time to compare them both together

why waist the 250 man, I know im not one to talk about buying stuff to try out but this putter is just money lol

I told you i wasnt one to talk, I just splurged on a new shaft when my RIP is treating me perfect lol. Today was a rare day for me and the ghost spider, I missed quite a few putts inside 10 foot and actually pulled one from 2 foot, still no 3 putts but just didnt have the mojo today on the green. Getting back out there tomorrow morning though

I told you i wasnt one to talk, I just splurged on a new shaft when my RIP is treating me perfect lol. Today was a rare day for me and the ghost spider, I missed quite a few putts inside 10 foot and actually pulled one from 2 foot, still no 3 putts but just didnt have the mojo today on the green. Getting back out there tomorrow morning though

hopefully you have a better day tomorrow. i was draining anything inside of 12 feet the other day was awesome.

I may have to give this another roll sometime man....auto from 12' is intriguing

hopefully you have a better day tomorrow. i was draining anything inside of 12 feet the other day was awesome.

My first day on the course with the Spider was a mixed bag. On the practice green pre-round I was draining everything (by my standards) including 5 out of 6 twelve footers TWICE!

On the course things were a little less spectacular. 34 putts with one 3-putt. I'm not blaming the putter though. My nerves standing over putts I "need to make" are terrible. Even with that, the wife and friend both felt like I was making better rolls and I must admit I missed 7 or 8 putts by an inch (no exaggeration), so this will require a larger sample size to make any conclusions.

Sounds like there is nothing wrong with your stroke, and you need to learn to read greens. Thats my problem.

My first day on the course with the Spider was a mixed bag. On the practice green pre-round I was draining everything (by my standards) including 5 out of 6 twelve footers TWICE!

On the course things were a little less spectacular. 34 putts with one 3-putt. I'm not blaming the putter though. My nerves standing over putts I "need to make" are terrible. Even with that, the wife and friend both felt like I was making better rolls and I must admit I missed 7 or 8 putts by an inch (no exaggeration), so this will require a larger sample size to make any conclusions.

Sounds like there is nothing wrong with your stroke, and you need to learn to read greens. Thats my problem.

Thainer speaks the truth!

I may have to give this another roll sometime man....auto from 12' is intriguing

let me know when you wanna game it ill use one of my other putters for a round.

i picked the spider (33 in. heel shaft) up yesterday during a labor day sale and took it out on the course for a quick round and WOW...what a difference this makes to my game! Putts line up super easy and the roll is pretty tight and consistent. pretty happy with my purchase at the moment and I can't wait to get back on the greens again!

I rolled this a bit yesterday at Dick's. I liked it quite a bit. Not so sure about the white finish though. It just looks cheap to me. The one they had there was already kind of beat up looking.

I rolled this a bit yesterday at Dick's. I liked it quite a bit. Not so sure about the white finish though. It just looks cheap to me. The one they had there was already kind of beat up looking.

i've had mine since they came out and mine is holding up nice. no scratches or anything. still looks brand new. i do put the putter cover on when its in my bag. i was worried it would scratch up easily but it hasn't been the case.

I'll admit the white finish doesnt hold up too well but generally it is just on the bottom of the ghost putters that it comes off. As long as you put the cover back on it stays safe.

Took my new TM Ghost Spider out for the first time yesterday and was pleased with the results. No 3 putts at all during the round and sank a couple of 14-15 feet putts. Most important thing to me was the feeling of the putter on longer putts, much more comfortable with the spider which can only be a good thing!

I'll admit the white finish doesnt hold up too well but generally it is just on the bottom of the ghost putters that it comes off. As long as you put the cover back on it stays safe.

Hmmm....I guess I don't understand how the finish wouldn't hold up. Mine looks like new. I always have the cover on it when in the bag, so how does one beat up a putter finish?
Just curious.

I am happy to report that I have on order a beautiful Ghost Spider Center Shafted putter. I would like to thank those who have been posting on this thread because you were very instrumental in my decision. I played two rounds on monday and had one good putting round and one bad putting round. The first round I had 30 putts and several birdies. The second round I had 35 putts and several 3 putts. On my way home I stopped off at a local golf shop and went in wanting to try the Belly version of the ghost spider. They didn't have it, but they had the Corza version in 43" (which is too long for me). So I decided to roll what they had. A heel shafted Ghost Spider and a Center Shafted Ghost Spider. I have rolled a few center shafted putters but have never played one. Well I putted quite a bit better with the center shafted version, so I contacted Blind9golf and the putter is on its way! I may still convert it into a belly version, but since TM doesn't offer the center shafted one in a belly length, I figure it would be something I would do later. First, though I am going to trick this one out much like CG with some back weights and extra head weight. I super excited. I didn't think I would make a putter switch for a long time as generally I putt pretty well with my Ghost TM-770 (which on a side note, I have not noticed ANY problems with the paint. And on a further side note, I think I will be putting with a white putter forever) but I could use more MOI for those 4-7 footers. I also think the center shaft will help with my pulls and pushes a short range. Anyways, I don't know if you can tell that I am excited, but I am! :D so thanks again!

I just found out today that my 43 inch Ghost Spider putter was back ordered again. It was ordered two weeks ago and I was to receive it September 13th and now it will not come until Sept 30th. These things must be going like hot cakes and the orders for some of the online sites are not caught up. I traded a bunch of stuff in on mine and was hoping to get some bonding time with it prior to next month...

I am excited to hear your thoughts on the belly putter when it comes. I tried out a 43" Corza and it felt long, so if I go belly putter, than it is going to need to be around 41" I think.

Hmmm....I guess I don't understand how the finish wouldn't hold up. Mine looks like new. I always have the cover on it when in the bag, so how does one beat up a putter finish?
Just curious.

Pretty easily. It's not a heavy coat of paint and chips off. I have 4 ghost putter and all of them have chips and paint coming off. And I'm anal about it. Always use my headcover and I won't buy a putter if it's scratched.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I am excited to hear your thoughts on the belly putter when it comes. I tried out a 43" Corza and it felt long, so if I go belly putter, than it is going to need to be around 41" I think.

Well I am 6'2" tall and the 43 works better for me. You are right about the feel thing so make sure you get the proper length for your body.

Back