Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

well just ordered a Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6S for my D2, been wanting to test this shaft out for a long time and I finally gave in. I know I know get fitted but its more fun testing lol

I have to ask 10 yard. You have said for weeks now that this driver is the best you have ever hit. Fairway after fairway, long, forgiving, etc...
Why on earth would you want to change a thing?

I have to ask 10 yard. You have said for weeks now that this driver is the best you have ever hit. Fairway after fairway, long, forgiving, etc...

haha I know JB, my brain is messed up, when I want to test something I just cant hold back. Its just a shaft I have wanted to test for a long time and I figured why not in the D2 since I hit it so well. Messed up I know

I also might add this was unplanned, I had some extra cash laying around after friday and my outing fund is more than enough. I have been adding my extra cash to my outing fund. Not that I need to explain this though lol

I know you won't take this wager because you know better, but how much do you wanna bet OG will have a new shaft soon too? It will be all 10YardDraw's fault!

I know you won't take this wager because you know better, but how much do you wanna bet OG will have a new shaft soon too? It will be all 10YardDraw's fault!

Of course he will KB. He has not missed a fairway in 716 rounds in a row if you heard him talking and now he is going to change. We all know better. Its the same thing we heard with the ZL, Cleveland and now this one.

hehe sorry KB, I know it makes no sense for me to change a good thing but its not like im selling my RIP or anything, nothing permanent just experimenting

well just ordered a Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6S for my D2, been wanting to test this shaft out for a long time and I finally gave in. I know I know get fitted but its more fun testing lol

Very interested in hearing your results with this shaft. I know it's too low launching for me but I have heard the feel is second to none:titleist:

Very interested in hearing your results with this shaft. I know it's too low launching for me but I have heard the feel is second to none:titleist:

I also have the 10.5* though, I would be scared to try this shaft in a 9.5*

hehe sorry KB, I know it makes no sense for me to change a good thing but its not like im selling my RIP or anything, nothing permanent just experimenting

Look, I understand. I have a mild form of the illness too.

Look, I understand. I have a mild form of the illness too.

Ya its a bad one to have but a fun one. I bet this shaft looks gorgeous in the D2, I dont think I have heard a bad thing about it either

Just got back a little while ago from the course and had a OK day off the tee, 50% FIR, I ended up missing 3 fairways (only played 9 holes). I was trying the Qstar ball today as well but thats for another thread. The fairways I did hit were nice mid/high draws that left me dead center of the fairway, I wasnt on the left or right side with the driver today, all center. Playing again tomorrow so I will update after that round.

Just thought of something, I havent heard of anymore of these heads stripping out (the screw) or breaking, I wonder if they tweaked the design or material. Just a random thought as it was a big problem when they first came out, had a buddy who stripped his and he had been using TM adjustable drivers and never had a problem. Glad its taken care of though.

I've come to the conclusion my driver is dead, little pop now and not much on the off center hits. So this will be my new driver pretty soon. Just need the cash

I've come to the conclusion my driver is dead, little pop now and not much on the off center hits. So this will be my new driver pretty soon. Just need the cash

I think you will enjoy it

Im assuming you mean to you personally, because i would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that your SuperTri is not dead.

Im assuming you mean to you personally, because i would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that your SuperTri is not dead.

Well yes. But I bought it used last year and was pleased with it and liked it early this year but over this whole season I have only seen my distance decrease and even more on off center hits. I know I'm missing out on extra yards. Who doesn't want that?

Well yes. But I bought it used last year and was pleased with it and liked it early this year but over this whole season I have only seen my distance decrease and even more on off center hits. I know I'm missing out on extra yards. Who doesn't want that?

My drivers die on me. But I never miss the sweetspot. You should take some impact tape to the face of the driver, get a real good indication where you are hitting it. What shaft are you using? Other than distance are you noticing anything else with you shots? Its very possible the shaft may not be a good fit. I've hit shafts that are too stiff and I'll lose distance and control.

My drivers die on me. But I never miss the sweetspot.

HAHAHHA.
I asked one of the guys on the Nike Tour Van this at Bay Hill (drivers dying). He said that it would take so much to kill off the metal used that no consumer should ever even think about this until their driver is over a decade old. Now if there is a defect that is a different matter, but like I said, I would be willing to bet there is something else going on here.

Now if someone just wants a new driver, all the power to them.

My drivers die on me. But I never miss the sweetspot. You should take some impact tape to the face of the driver, get a real good indication where you are hitting it. What shaft are you using? Other than distance are you noticing anything else with you shots? Its very possible the shaft may not be a good fit. I've hit shafts that are too stiff and I'll lose distance and control.

I do the impact tape and I hit most from center to inside part of the club. The shaft is the standard R9 Suptertri shaft(65g I forget the name to be honest) it's stiff but with a Swing speed of 113-116 I am right on the edge of extra stiff but I want a lighter type of shaft(the shaft I tested out in the 910 was perfect I loved the feel)

And I know that a driver can't "die" until later/a ton of use but what's funny is that sure maybe "my driver is dead" is not the right word choice but it's that sort of feeling. As if I'm missing out on more yards.

I do the impact tape and I hit most from center to inside part of the club. The shaft is the standard R9 Suptertri shaft(65g I forget the name to be honest) it's stiff but with a Swing speed of 113-116 I am right on the edge of extra stiff but I want a lighter type of shaft(the shaft I tested out in the 910 was perfect I loved the feel)

And I know that a driver can't "die" until later/a ton of use but what's funny is that sure maybe "my driver is dead" is not the right word choice but it's that sort of feeling. As if I'm missing out on more yards.

maybe there is a crack somewhere you cant see? It has to be something if your losing yards over what you normally hit it. I think you will really like the 910 RIP combo that you tested out, its what i play and I love it, soon to be testing the Tour AD DI6 in it but the RIP is my go to shaft. I know JB im stupid lol.

maybe there is a crack somewhere you cant see? It has to be something if your losing yards over what you normally hit it. I think you will really like the 910 RIP combo that you tested out, its what i play and I love it, soon to be testing the Tour AD DI6 in it but the RIP is my go to shaft. I know JB im stupid lol.

Well I know this is getting off topic and this is the last time I'll mention my Supertri but I played my dads all round today and I was getting more yards(close to maybe 10-15 depending on how much draw) out of his club. I don't think there is any sort of crack at all.

Well I know this is getting off topic and this is the last time I'll mention my Supertri but I played my dads all round today and I was getting more yards(close to maybe 10-15 depending on how much draw) out of his club. I don't think there is any sort of crack at all.

is it same loft, same shaft, same setup?

Lets move it to another thread to continue the discussion, but I would be COMPLETELY shocked if the driver face was dead. It does not happen from normal wear in this short a period of time. Like I said, if a defect is in place, that is something different entirely. The face metal used does NOT "tire" in this amount of time. Watch the tour players that use it every day all day and still do for over a calendar year in many cases.

is it same loft, same shaft, same setup?

Different shaft(65g may be 70g I think but voodoo and NU compared to N) Compared to the 910 that was .5* open. 910 was still going futher than the TM Supertri(further than my dads close to 10 yards difference)

Last time I post about the Supertri JB, sorry!

Back