DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
not to thread jack much... but Grogger, your picture rocks. Big tool fan...

Two smart guys with great taste! Pay attention, ladies!

saw their last tour stop for 10,000 days at The Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA. Center section, twenty rows back. One of the best shows I have ever seen

I did not get to see the 10,000 days tour since I had a newborn then. The only tour I got to see them on was Lateralus, which was unreal. Danny on the drums for The Grudge was SICK!

I was dying to see Maynard do Vicarious live, but couldn't swing it.

Recently I've been listening to Undertow again. I think you were just a pup when that came out DD. I have a much better appreication for it now then ever before. I'm convinced "Bottom" isn't one of the best songs ever made.

Lateralus must have been a great tour! I was going to see 10,000 days on a second date in Portland, ME but Danny tore his bicep at a previous show and they had to cancel a lot of dates!

Looking forward to another tour, eventually.

I wish they would release a live album, that'd be solid. I just go on Imeem and people have made playlists of every Tool song recorded.

I must be old.......I don't recognize any of those bands/artists at all
2076_rubbing_eyes_and_crying.gif

they are a solid band... can get experimental at times. You'd have to categorize them as an Art / Industrial Rock band

DD,
And to think i thought I knew you...lol

haha... JB, my music tastes run the gambit

I'm also a massive Bjork fan

Now you are just showing off....lol

OK, name your favorite 5 Tool songs (as of today, obviously). Here are mine:

5. The Grudge
4. The Pot
3. Parabol/Parabola
2. Bottom
1. Vicarious

1.) Stinkfist
2.) Lateralus
3.) Sober
4.) Aenema
5.) FortySix and Two

OK, name your favorite 5 Tool songs (as of today, obviously). Here are mine:

5. The Grudge
4. The Pot
3. Parabol/Parabola
2. Bottom
1. Vicarious

1.) Stinkfist
2.) Lateralus
3.) Sober
4.) Aenema
5.) FortySix and Two

Well, if anyone ever asks me, I can name ten Tool songs!
7487478_125x125.jpg

they are strange, but awesome live...

maynard15.jpg

tool7.jpg

mjk086.jpg

The many faces of Maynard

cnst25b.jpg

Maynard_James_Keenan-12785.jpg

maynard_ebay.jpg

at the 10,000 days show he was off the left, rear portion of the stage and he played half the show with his back faced to the crowd. He was wearing this massive orange blaze hooded sweatshirt with the hood on. In one random point he just turned around and ripped the hoodie off, he had a massive mohawk and he started going crazy. It was crazy to see..

grogger...

Reflection off of Lateralus is an amazing instrumental, kind of out there...

Yeah, I heard that he spent most of the 10,000 Days shows standing in one spot in front of a screen. I also think I saw a clip of him singing Vicarious with a gas mask on. He's a piece of work.

They also have the strangest videos ever, but very cool CGI. I can't get enough.

Vicarious, besides being an epic song, is a cool a$$ video (the actual song doesn't start until 50 seconds into this clip):

[YOUTUBE]yQRS1Ryh9HU[/YOUTUBE]

laser show = unreal

they certainly know how to put a show on and everything varies from show to show, I have heard some great live tracks online that sounded completely different from the way they played the track when I saw them live

I hope they do another album. Not sounding good from an interview I heard lately. Sounds like Maynard is happy making wine at this point.

I like Tool, and have for a long time.

I also really enjoyed the Perfect Circle project that Maynard was involved in.

Puscifer makes me laugh.

I just read that they were at Lollapalooza, maybe I have seen them then, I went to the first 2 in Dallas back in the early 90's

Great, great band!

APC cut some great tracks... they were definitely interesting but made some tracks geared towards the radio

OK, I have to modify my top 5. Drop The Grudge and add:

Right in Two ... wow. What a combination of music and thoughtful lyrics. Might even appeal to a larger audience:

[YOUTUBE]JjzHZDPrYKg[/YOUTUBE]

I use to listen to TOOL a bunch until I moved in above a guy who played TOOL every night, got over it real quick. Saw APC with Jimmy the Pins a few years ago and Maynard came out with a long blond wig on and told everyone he was Christina Aguilera.

Back