Worst golf day of my life

Jiggo

Reaction score
Handicap
Alot
So, i recently started playing golf again after not playing since high school. I had been playing a complete set of topflites i got at sports authority. I have disposable income, so i decided to allow myself to go nuts. After reading this forum for a while, i put together a pretty nice bag.

Nike machspeed black driver
nike sq2 4 wood
nike machspeed 3 hybrid
4-pw, aw 2009 nike victory red irons
vr pro 56, 60
nike method putter

All rolled up in a nice nike sq sumo2 staff bag.

I played about 15 rounds with this setup. Absolutely loved it.

This past saturday i went to a new course I had not played before. Walked up to the clubhouse, dropped my bag at the bag drop next to my buddy's bag. I walked inside to pay, and 30 seconds after I did, the cart boy walks in and asked if i had a 3rd. I said no and he informed me someone was running up the hill with my bag.

They got to the top of the hill, hopped in a car and took off. Gone without a trace. The guy in the pro shop said he would let me use a set of rentals at no charge. What a great deal, huh? Didnt even so much as offer anything in the way of an apology or any type of sympathy. He more or less just didnt want me to call the cops (which I did).

Oh well, rant over. That was definitely up there on my list of worst days in recent memory. Anyone ever have this happen?

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, that really sucks and I am sorry to hear about it. Any chance homeowners insurance will cover it (assuming you have it)?

Everytime I put my bag down I wonder if that happens. I've never seen it though... Fortunately my bag doesn't really have anything in it worth taking.

I feel your pain. I didn't get to see my clubs run away but, woke up in the morning to find that my car was broken into and my bag was gone. Still trying to piece my new bag together.

I think if my TV and computer were taken I would have felt better.

It just flat out sucks!

Hopefully you got some serial numbers on your clubs. Start looking at Craigslist to see if they get posted.

So, i recently started playing golf again after not playing since high school. I had been playing a complete set of topflites i got at sports authority. I have disposable income, so i decided to allow myself to go nuts. After reading this forum for a while, i put together a pretty nice bag.

nike sq2 4 wood
nike machspeed 3 hybrid
vr pro 56, 60
nike method putter

This past saturday i went to a new course I had not played before. Walked up to the clubhouse, dropped my bag at the bag drop next to my buddy's bag. I walked inside to pay, and 30 seconds after I did, the cart boy walks in and asked if i had a 3rd. I said no and he informed me someone was running up the hill with my bag.

They got to the top of the hill, hopped in a car and took off. Gone without a trace. The guy in the pro shop said he would let me use a set of rentals at no charge. What a great deal, huh? Didnt even so much as offer much in the way of an apology or any type of sympathy. He more or less just didnt want me to call the cops (which I did).

Oh well, rant over. That was definitely up there on my list of worst days in recent memory. Anyone ever have this happen?

Worst. Cart. Boy. Ever. He obviously knew it was your bag, because he knew who to come tell about the mishap... he didn't think to run after the guy to get a license plate number. D-bag.

Sorry to hear that man!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this happened.

Welcome to the site first and foremost.

Second, I'd get a police report and file against my car insurance, saying someone stole them from there!!! Not sure homeowners would work! It's worth a try!

Sorry to hear this!

nike sq2 4 wood
nike machspeed 3 hybrid
vr pro 56, 60
nike method putter

They got to the top of the hill, hopped in a car and took off. Gone without a trace. The guy in the pro shop said he would let me use a set of rentals at no charge. What a great deal, huh? Didnt even so much as offer much in the way of an apology or any type of sympathy. He more or less just didnt want me to call the cops (which I did).

Welcome to the forum! Man I wish I had a "disposable income"! I have never been ripped off at the course. I've been playing for 35+ years and I just don't let my clubs out of my sight. I don't load my clubs on my push cart or a regular cart until I'm ready to go to the first tee. At the end of my round, they go back in my vehicle before I go in and have a drink. This is at my home course. At a strange course, I would do the same and never leave them alone, even for a couple of minutes. There are scumbags right around every corner.

Sorry for your loss. Have you checked with your insurance company? My agent says mine are covered at all times, no matter where they are at.

Second, I'd get a police report and file against my car insurance, saying someone stole them from there!!! Not sure homeowners would work! It's worth a try!

Sorry to hear this!

He said he already contacted the police and doing what you are suggesting is lying to the police and then committing insurance fraud. Not exactly the most intelligent thing to do over a few thousand dollars.

Similar thing happened to me and my brother. We both worked at a private club 2 minutes away from our house. My brother went to go teach a lesson to a junior, came back 15 minutes later to grab his putter and both our bags were gone from his car. Everyone we told suggested one person who could have done it and it turned out someone saw him near the car, but nothing was ever looked into. It was covered under our parents homeowners, but not in full.

Wow, that really bites. Keep an eye on Craigslist, they might show up there. A couple of years ago my daughter had her bike stolen and it was on craiglist the same day

I am sitting here awaiting the UPS man as we speak to bring me some new toys. They arent going in a staff bag this time. I almost feel like I was asking for it.

Seconds after we realized the clubs were actually gone, i looked over at my golfing buddy and said "Why did you have to have such crappy clubs right next to mine?"

Thanks for all the sympathy. Im never letting my clubs out of my sight again. Already have been checking craigslist, contacted all the play-it-agains in orlando. Im pretty sure theyre gone for good at this point.

He said he already contacted the police and doing what you are suggesting is lying to the police and then committing insurance fraud. Not exactly the most intelligent thing to do over a few thousand dollars.

I said get a police report and file against my car insurance. I never said anything about lying! Slow down bud "One Time".

Man that does suck and I am always keeping my clubs in sight if possible. If you play one of the resort courses they usually store your clubs there and I am sure if they disappeared the club would replace them.

If you have any more income to dispose of send it my way please, I have a kid starting college in a couple of years.

Cart boy was in on it. Came to you to say your bag was stolen to look like he wasnt....

But really, I feel sorry for you. I have had my entire setup stolen as well and it is one of the worst feelings next to losing a loved one to a golfer. I hope you get some resolve in this situation.

Sorry to hear this!

I said get a police report and file against my car insurance. I never said anything about lying! Slow down bud "One Time".

Not sure if I would try that, stepping into a gray area of insurance fraud. Stolen golf clubs arent worth going to jail over. Renters insurance should cover them w/ no problem.

OP said that they were stolen from the bag drop in front of the clubhouse.

You said: "Second, I'd get a police report and file against my car insurance, saying someone stole them from there!!!"

How on earth is that not lying?

Ummmmmm,

Sorry to hear this!

OP said that they were stolen from the bag drop in front of the clubhouse.

You said: "Second, I'd get a police report and file against my car insurance, saying someone stole them from there!!!"

How on earth is that not lying?

Misread what he posted, that is without a doubt insurance fraud. Good luck with that.

Sorry your clubs got stolen.

The insurance argument is lame. Please no more.

Jesus guys!!! I was merely saying get a Dang police report! Good luck with the claim! Done with this thread... Possibly this forum!

Jesus guys!!! I was merely saying get a Dang police report! Good luck with the claim! Done with this thread... Possibly this forum!

Really? Taking it to the extreme there.

hugs n kisses folks......we're all friends on here.

sorry to hear this mate,maybe the thief heard about your disposable income lol!sorry couldn't resist.

Back