I think i have a new favorite

Noah Williams

Self descibed legend
Reaction score
Handicap
Headcase
Ok, im not claiming to have played ALL the courses in the orlando area, but i have played quite A few, and NONE measured up to the course we played this morning. Thaanks to some really golf rates through THP, we played ElCampeon at Mission Inn. Awesome course, fun, hard, awesome greens. The setu here is nothing like anything i have played down here. Im just mad i have never played here before. If you ever get out to Lake county, play here; you will not be sorry

That is a fun course. A lot of fun. Definitely in my top 5-6 in the area. Love it. Especially now that they have the conditions brought back where they should be.

I am coming down to Orlando in October I will have to put that one on my list of courses to play. Anyone up for a round?

I played there last year and it ranks as one of my favorites. The landscaping, waterfalls and elevations are fantastic. It's bit far from Orlando proper but well worth the drive. My brother lives nearby and I camp at his house the night before I play.

Noah,

You ever play Eagle Dunes in Sorrento? Love it. Always in great shape and the greens are smooth as carpet.

I have always heard great things about this course. It's so far from my corner of Orlando though. I might have to stay over my cousin's place in Mt Dora to play there.

Hmm, the rates seem reasonable as well. I will definitely have to give it a try soon.

Noah,

You ever play Eagle Dunes in Sorrento? Love it. Always in great shape and the greens are smooth as carpet.

I actually live about 8 houses from the clubhouse. I like this course. Im always on here trying to get people to come out and play

I was talking to the guy in the pro shop and they are just really slow right now with their convention business, so they are just lowering their rates. Trust me, these rates do not affect the quality or playability. You guys will have a freakin blast here

Anyone play Las Colinas at Mission Inn? How does it compare with elevation changes, greens ect.

Thanks.

3p

Anyone play Las Colinas at Mission Inn? How does it compare with elevation changes, greens ect.

Thanks.

3p

I played Las Colinas in April and was disappointed. It was not in very good shape and in fact looked a bit abused. There was one hole where we all got lost thinking we made a wrong turn somewhere. There is an interesting hole where due to an extreme elevation change, you cannot see where you drive off the tee so they have a huge periscope about 20 feet tall next to the tee box to observe the green. Hopefully they have spruced it up now.

El Campeon was MUCH nicer.

Golf is such a nice game and I like it personally... I have never played it but have seen it being played.. I like it ... I hope to learn it soon and shall play it by myself... :act-up:

Played OK but they punched the greens so putting was a bit off. Will play there again this Sunday.

I hate when that happens. This second aerification will take a little longer to heal, Red Tail is right around the corner though. The thing i like most about Eagle Dunes are the greens, so if you have to plinko putt, seriously detrimental to me having fun

Back