The Trickle Down Effect

Merideus

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else suffers from what I like to call the trickle down effect and if they have found a way of fixing it.

In a nut shell the trickle down effect is when you hit a club poorly and the what you are doing wrong with that club trickles down into your other clubs.

Specifically for me it is the driver. I am very intermittent with the driver I have great days and bad days. Unfortunately when I try to practice with the driver more to reduce the number of bad days I start hit my other clubs with same bad swing as my driver. This season I have attempted to go the reverse route and not practice with driver or at least very limited practice hoping that if I could really grove my swing with my others clubs I’d just start to swing the driver the same way without needing to practice it, but sadly it isn’t working.

My trickle down effect involves a couple bad shots that trickle down to the rest of my round. I analyze what went wrong and then just have a poor range session on the course.

I call it the "tinkering effect" I hit a couple of poor shots and I think I know what I did wrong and try to make adjustments in my swing and the next thing I know I can't hit anything!

If I get a bad day going with a club I bench it and use another club. I will take a shorter shot over digging my ball out of the woods or water. I don't even think about it until I get time on the range ti figure it out properly. I hit my driver long and it was hard at first to sacrifice the chance of a extra thirty yards but I just remind my self it is was better short on the fairway then in deal rough

sounds like it should be the trickle up effect since its getting into your head!! yes, I do suffer from this often!

I think this is a very common issue for a lot of golfers. I do myself have this same issue. Just last week I started hitting my wedges fat and would hit way to far behind the ball. I tried to keep my body upright and I ended up doing this with every club and so of course I starting blading every shot. For me when I am really concentrating I make sure only to make adjustments with the one club I hit bad. If I start hitting all my clubs bad, then I have to completely remove myself from what I was trying to fix. usually i end up having to slam a couple beers. hehe

My trickle down effect is the liquor trickling down my throat during my round. the more that trickles down, the worse I play.

My trickle down effect is the liquor trickling down my throat during my round. the more that trickles down, the worse I play.

Yes, but there is that VERY SMALL window where you've had enough to be loose and free flowing, the problem is nobody ever stops there :D

Back