R11 Irons OR 2.0 Irons, Decision Making?

Blueskee

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems theres been a few people who have been able to hit the new R11irons. can those of you that have chime in on a comparison vs the 2.0's? Feel, Distance, Accuracy,etc.?

I realize this question might be a long shot, in the sense that not many (if any) people have hit both irons.

I have a brand new set of 2.0's 5-AW R flex and was thinking about selling/trading them for a new purchase of R11 irons? I figure if I end up doing this ill get a bit more for un hit clubs.

Im still on the fence. if theres not a notable difference, ill probably just stick with the 2.0's.

Decisions Decisions!

*Subjectivity warning*

I prefer the R11s because they feel like a mid-to-low handicap iron, but are easy to hit like a GI-iron. 2.0 looks and feels a bit clunky, both in appearance and feel at impact. I struggled to get a consistent ballflight when I tried them, whilst the R11 flew fairly similar to the TP models.

you gotta at least try the R11's and see how you like them and how they perform for you before you consider selling your 2.0's IMO

Im curious about this also as my best friend has the 2.0's and ive hit them. But, im more concerned about how they compare with the CB's. Man i love them and the jpx800 pros.

I'll have some feedback on this very soon.

If you have some time to decide I would wait. Get some reviews and hit them yourself to see.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Yeah, if you can wait about a week, you should have several people here (myself included) who can offer an opinion.

MCers apply in this this thread!!!! please?

def interested to hear any feedback on the new R11s.. Keep the 2.0s or order new R11s? Decisions decisons

Looks like I'll be waiting it out. I def. believe you guys when you say to wait for some reviews. This is the best forum for any reviews IMO.
It also seems like there's a lot of people lined up for these bad boys!

The anticipation!! LOL

I would definately try to hit them. If you are ok with paying extra money for new irons I don't see why not.

Whatever inspires the most confidence in your game! 2.0's are a great iron!

Is there something you don't like about them?

I would most definately hit them before you buy them man. Thats a lot of money to spend on something you dont know much about

There are 2 different tester review threads for the 2.0's that you can check out, and some of the guys at TMC are playing the r11's this weekend, so you can get some feedback there too.

Nothing wrongwith my 2.0s, I actually hit them well. Its just that the R11's have gotten my attention and have me curious as to how they will perform up against 2.0s?

Can't wait to read some reviews here!

I have hit both and like the R11's better. I was really impressed that even on the off center hits with the r11's you didnt lose a lot of distance. As someone mentioned, the 2.0 feels a bit clunky. I think I am gonna wait for the r11.

I have hit both and like the R11's better. I was really impressed that even on the off center hits with the r11's you didnt lose a lot of distance. As someone mentioned, the 2.0 feels a bit clunky. I think I am gonna wait for the r11.

Thanks for chiming in Toddo.
How was the distance of the R11's compared to the 2.0's?
I'm hoping the R11's are equal in distance? I think this would help me decide.

It seems theres been a few people who have been able to hit the new R11irons. can those of you that have chime in on a comparison vs the 2.0's? Feel, Distance, Accuracy,etc.?

I realize this question might be a long shot, in the sense that not many (if any) people have hit both irons.

I have a brand new set of 2.0's 5-AW R flex and was thinking about selling/trading them for a new purchase of R11 irons? I figure if I end up doing this ill get a bit more for un hit clubs.

Im still on the fence. if theres not a notable difference, ill probably just stick with the 2.0's.

Decisions Decisions!

Fun though, aren't they? I had a blast trying out all the new stuff this summer, kind of want to do it all over again. Might have to start playing the lottery so I can try out clubs full time, and not have to get a nasty ol job lol

I can't wait until people start posting their thoughts between these 2 sets of irons. I have been on the fence all summer about getting the 2.0s and now the R11s look like they have almost all the length of the 2.0s with alot better feel. Being left handed it will probably be some time before I will be able to hit them myself.

Fun though, aren't they? I had a blast trying out all the new stuff this summer, kind of want to do it all over again. Might have to start playing the lottery so I can try out clubs full time, and not have to get a nasty ol job lol

+1, this would be a dream job for me too! Lol.

I was in Dicks Sporting Goods this evening with my son and was hitting a few fairway woods. Needless to say, I got carried away having fun picking out different clubs and whaling away. :D

I can't wait until people start posting their thoughts between these 2 sets of irons. I have been on the fence all summer about getting the 2.0s and now the R11s look like they have almost all the length of the 2.0s with alot better feel. Being left handed it will probably be some time before I will be able to hit them myself.

This is exactly what I'm waiting for, all the R11-2.0 users to chime in with there thoughts/experience.

I'm just to darn impatient! Lol

I hope you don't have to wait long, if at all for the lefty clubs to come out. Kinda bums me out for you if that's the case?

I went to Golf Galaxy and hit one of the new R-11 6 irons (only one they had). They guy there had just put it together. I currently have a set of Burner Plus' so I hit that side by side on the launch monitor. I got about the same distance from both but the biggest difference for me was the feel of the ball strike. The R-11's just feel so smooth. There was no vibration at all when hitting the ball. It is really hard to describe, but they felt a lot better then my Burner Plus'. It was a night and day difference between the two. This will definitely be a set of clubs that I will be getting.

Back