woo, thanks man. Thought I screwed up. I bet sooner or later they will have special stats for that one.

Yep and remember you don't count the drag putt as part of your putting stats. So at the end of round it can be 30 putts, 10 GIR, 12 FIR, and 4 DPA's.

Yep and remember you don't count the drag putt as part of your putting stats. So at the end of round it can be 30 putts, 10 GIR, 12 FIR, and 4 DPA's.

Gottcha, I need to add another line to my card and work on the hand shake. Do we get sworn in or anything? Just a thought, but some special clubs make you ride a goat or sheep when you join, but its topsecret.

I like the drag assist category....you could really pad those assist stats while pretending to tend the pin.

Gottcha, I need to add another line to my card and work on the hand shake. Do we get sworn in or anything? Just a thought, but some special clubs make you ride a goat or sheep when you join, but its topsecret.

Topsecret is ok, as long as it doesn't include guys in black robes with paddles, and me, blindfolded, standing in a line wearing nothing but my drawers.

Topsecret is ok, as long as it doesn't include guys in black robes with paddles, and me, blindfolded, standing in a line wearing nothing but my drawers.

Sounds like you've been there, done that, lol. Guys in black robes would scare the sheep.

Sounds like you've been there, done that, lol. Guys in black robes would scare the sheep.

Tying up the back legs takes care of that, or so I've been told. lol

okay now we need to hide the booze from Jrod and Bam.....hey.......um, Bam......how did you know they were wearing black robes if you were blindfolded.....hmmmmmmmm???:stickbeat:

Forgot to mention: also not interested in dancing around the ninth green, at midnight, with a goats head on a stick.

okay now we need to hide the booze from Jrod and Bam.....hey.......um, Bam......how did you know they were wearing black robes if you were blindfolded.....hmmmmmmmm???:stickbeat:

I never even caught that, I was wondering how you tie their back legs and still... oh nevermind.

Ok you got me, I peeked!

Wow! drag putting is not as easy as you make it look Hawk! I tried it some today on the practice green with little success.

Wow! drag putting is not as easy as you make it look Hawk! I tried it some today on the practice green with little success.

the secret to good drag putting is that you have to take it less seriously than regular serious putting

the secret to good drag putting is that you have to take it less seriously than regular serious putting

Fildini is correct. Just keep practicing in real life situations and you'll get better at it. You'll have some clumsy moments and get some weird looks, but when it comes together you will be unstoppable.

Fildini is correct. Just keep practicing in real life situations and you'll get better at it. You'll have some clumsy moments and get some weird looks, but when it comes together you will be unstoppable.

Not just unstoppable, but unbeatable as well. Just think: NO MISSED PUTTS!

18 holes, 18 putts. It's a mindset.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. If I can get the technique down maybe I won't have to leave my wedge behind the cup anymore to keep from having to make long comebackers.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. If I can get the technique down maybe I won't have to leave my wedge behind the cup anymore to keep from having to make long comebackers.

Another easy tip it to remove the flagstick and lay it down in line with the hole. Hit it to the flag stick and funnel it down to the hole.

It's like bowling with bumpers!

---
- ...just tap it in...

Another easy tip it to remove the flagstick and lay it down in line with the hole. Hit it to the flag stick and funnel it down to the hole.

It's like bowling with bumpers!

---
- ...just tap it in...

But that would be cheating if you didn't count the penalty stroke for hitting the stick.

Guys, drag putting is an accepted practice. It's not like a foot wedge or using bumpers.

Guys, drag putting is an accepted practice. It's not like a foot wedge or using bumpers.

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting that.

Good point Hawk. Will get back to re topic of the Art of Drag Putting, instead of those cheating ways of bumpers and foot wedges.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Can't seem to "get my drag on". One thing for sure, the hammy putter is a poor choice for drag putting, I mean it works great if you want to just make regular putts from like ten feet and in, or lag putt to inside three feet most times from longer putts, but the separated hand grip and stooped over posture really puts you in a disadvantaged position for dragging. I think I'm going to try dragging with my old calamity jane, even the name sounds a lot more appropriate for this style of putting.

What'cha doing? Nothing, just dragging with ol' calamity jane. You're right, it has a certain ring to it.

What'cha doing? Nothing, just dragging with ol' calamity jane. You're right, it has a certain ring to it.

Well see how it goes, maybe I'll post a video. Draggin with jane.

Back