What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played a nxt and taylor made penta and the penta felt soft good around the greens

i found a highlighter yellow srixon z-star and it was sick

i found a highlighter yellow srixon z-star and it was sick

Lucky... finding a Srixon Z-star. I did the same thing, but unfortunately lost it 5 holes later :sad:

started with a nike supersoft from yesterday and it was going pretty good till it went swimming on my approach shot to #14(shanked wedge)
then i played a nike pd long for a few holes and pop flied it with my 4w into the water on #17
finished out with a bridgestone treosoft... not bad

Just played an NXT Tour. Eh... nothing special. Didn't really excel in one category. Distance was maybe a club over the Pro V1x off the tee, little less off the irons. Spin was moderate, what you'd expect from a higher mid-range ball. Mostly hop and stop with the wedges, pitch shots were a few hops, skid, minimal roll.

Q-Star Yellow....not bad. A bit more control off the tee than my B330-RX and the same if not a bit more distance.

today i played a nike super soft and it lasted the whole round
lil scuffs here and there from the wedges
distance was pretty good from tee to green
it stopped pretty good with the wedges and even had a couple back up on me
didnt notice too much off the putter and it rolled okay
but playing only one ball the whole time is definitely a plus

Sunday was my last round, used the Vision X3. Lost two, I only have one left. Grrr.

b330s. 82. but the site I used to buy them used is currently out of stock. So I will probably be going to buy the penta's tomorrow.

I played Nike one tour myvladt round and really loved them.

Great feel off the tee and with irons. Was also able to spin back some wedge shots 10 feet or so.

Going to play them again.

tap on deez

Got bored so I figured I would mix it up.

Played:

ProV1-Just too much spin for my taste
Mojo-Longer then the ProV but barely any spin around the greens
Noodle-Not a fan of these at all the mojo was a lot better in every aspect.
Penta-Still my ball of choice...long off the tee and doesnt spin too much on the greens.

Just started playing ProV1x, after 6 months of playing the NXT Tour.

Definitely more control around the greens that I feel I was lacking from the NXT Tour, though surprisingly no loss of distance off the tee.

Yes the NXT has significantly greater longevity, though I still managed a full round with the ProV1x (it's more shocking that I didn't lose the damn thing).

Played some old Nike Tour Accuracy(!!!) which I found in the storage. They distance and feel are OK but the cover scuffs way too easily. I still have like a dozen of these!! Wonder how long it'll take for me to lose them all.

Vision UV X3, thoughts in the testing thread

Bridgestone 330-S. I was so so on it. Spin on pitch shots was good, full shots coming into greens was good. But off the driver, it had a thing for ballooning. I'll keep playing it until I lose them all. Distance off irons seemed normal, but off the driver, it was about 10 yards less. Durability wise, it was better than the penta for sure. So far my rankings are still

1) ProV1 or TM Penta (its a tie)
2) Callaway i(s)
3) Bridgestone 330-s
4) NXT Tour
5) Pinnacle precision

I hit a McGregor VIP that somebody gave me as a gift and I was completely and totally awed by how well that cheap ball (less than $20) played. Good distance and spins well enough to hold. Played similar to the TP Reds I can't get anymore.

Listened to some people and tried the Top Flight Gamer V2 today. I was very surprised by this ball. Certainly the best sub-$20 ball I've played, and it seemed to work better for me than any ball in the $20-30 range. This ball is my gamer for a while.

It flew straighter and did not balloon as badly off my driver as premium and mid-price ball. Didn't notice a loss in distance on my irons compared to mid-price and premium balls, and it seemed to be the same trajectory and spin with any full swing. On chip shots it did roll out more than the premium balls, but no more than the mid price balls. For the price, I am very pleased with this ball. I will admit, I had dismissed the ball in the past because of my opinion of Top Flight balls I have played in the past. My only gripe is I hate the look of the "dimple within the dimple". Obviously this is not a real problem, I just find it odd looking.

I played with a Penta, and I love it. I got them on sale at Golftown for 60 bucks for 2 dozen, and love them. They stop on greens for me and play very straight off the tee.

Z-Star XV and I LOVED it, have finally found *my* ball after experimenting all year. As has been noted, great in the wind and long/straight off the driver. For the first time all year (about 20 rds) I played a single ball end to end of the round, which says something right there. Not as much check as some other premium balls but with everything else it offers, I'm just going to deal with it and play for a few feet of rollout.

Forgot to add, durability was great. I did get just very minor hair hitting non-conforming wedges. Hit a tree and just got a minor sap stain. Did scuff one on a cart path, gave it to my son and carried on with another ball that I then finished with - putting lie to my earlier statement, still I did not lose a ball which was the point.

Last edited:
started with the ball that lasted the whole round from yesterday... nike super soft and lost it 3 holes in... found the rough and was just gone
then a nike pd soft that lasted 7 holes bounce off the cartpath right into the water
then a titleist tour distance that lasted a hole and a half
then a titleist dt solo that almost lasted the rest of the round but found water on the last hole
finished with a prov1

I played a new pro v1x. I really liked it. It felt a lot like the Penta to me.

Yellow bridgestone e6. Same ball entire round which is always a good thing. Solid distance and great spin on full shots into the greens. One of the best balls dollar for dollar IMO.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Last two rounds have been with the Bridgestone e6, a new ball choice for me. Really like how it jumps on full shots, but still has some spin on full iron shots. Putts soft. Wish it had a little more check on short pitches and chips, though.

Played the taylormade burner tour again tonight..

I really think this is one of the best mid range golf balls on the market.. I love it.

Sent From Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back