Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 wood, but apparently I'm not old enough to play one yet as all I can find have senior flex shafts.

--
tapatalk

7 wood, but apparently I'm not old enough to play one yet as all I can find have senior flex shafts.

--
tapatalk

9 iron Man got the FL Launcher 7 wood I think.

Impulse bought 2 new wedges today. Used to have these same wedges before the Vokeys.. I'm still kind of hitting myself for buying these but if my wedges are 3-4 years old its time for new ones right?

Impulse bought 2 new wedges today. Used to have these same wedges before the Vokeys.. I'm still kind of hitting myself for buying these but if my wedges are 3-4 years old its time for new ones right?

You buy these?

TaylorMade-Z-TP-Wedge.jpg

I gamed those for at least 4 years.. Loved them..

Dude, the TP Smokes are solid wedges. Rockem.

Dude, the TP Smokes are solid wedges. Rockem.

For sure, and then you can ponder stealing them in the "Equipment Stealing W/ Thainer and The Breeze" thread.

Still pondering the Saga....

More though I'm still OBSESSED with the SCOR Wedges. Its getting quite pathetic really.

Yep Canadan it was those ones. Used to have em and loved em. They are a bit smaller head than the vokeys though.

Yep Canadan it was those ones. Used to have em and loved em. They are a bit smaller head than the vokeys though.

I am a bit biased by I think these out perform the Vokey in just about every aspect.. I do think brand new they absolutely murder golf balls, but when you get to watch that ball zip backwards after hitting the green, it's definitely worth it!!

I am a bit biased by I think these out perform the Vokey in just about every aspect.. I do think brand new they absolutely murder golf balls, but when you get to watch that ball zip backwards after hitting the green, it's definitely worth it!!

That is all I've heard today as well. It is just so hard to test out wedges in a store but I've had these before so I know what to expect I guess. I was just so surprised that the VR wedges has S400 shafts in them. Things were SO heavy.

That is all I've heard today as well. It is just so hard to test out wedges in a store but I've had these before so I know what to expect I guess. I was just so surprised that the VR wedges has S400 shafts in them. Things were SO heavy.

I saw those today at Golftown Dent, I think it was two of the Z TP Smoke wedges for like $120 right?

Two definitely different clubs, that's for sure.. I think you made the right choice going with something you know.

I saw those today at Golftown Dent, I think it was two of the Z TP Smoke wedges for like $120 right?

Two for 150 Breeze. I had no intention of buying them. I had a $40 gift card so I was looking to buy something. My buddy won a Nike Method that he had no use for so he wanted to trade it in for a credit. They wouldn't let him get shoes with the trade in and would only let him get another club. they had FJ Icons for 150 so he offered the putter to me and I give him $60 and my $40 gift card. I traded in the putter for $127 and got 2 wedges and he got his FJ icons.

Two for 150 Breeze. I had no intention of buying them. I had a $40 gift card so I was looking to buy something. My buddy won a Nike Method that he had no use for so he wanted to trade it in for a credit. They wouldn't let him get shoes with the trade in and would only let him get another club. they had FJ Icons for 150 so he offered the putter to me and I give him $60 and my $40 gift card. I traded in the putter for $127 and got 2 wedges and he got his FJ icons.

Sweet deal Dent, The last thing I need in the world right now is more golf clubs and I damn near bought those.

Judging by your signature.. for SURE the last thing you need. What did you do with your old clubs?

They sit in my old bag in my office begging me to be hit, but thats the hand they were dealt.

They sit in my old bag in my office begging me to be hit, but thats the hand they were dealt.

I assume Ben part deux isn't a lefty then eh?

Tell him to wear lifts and learn to play like Mickleson. Problem solved :alien:

Tell him to wear lifts and learn to play like Mickleson. Problem solved :alien:

True but I'm going to go over the the "Equipment Stealing W/ Thainer and The Breeze" thread and think about stealing some kids iron set.

Ballin. Lets just steal Chunkys Di11s. You like them, and his fitted set will run at a 6i standard of like 14".
True but I'm going to go over the the "Equipment Stealing W/ Thainer and The Breeze" thread and think about stealing some kids iron set.

Grabbed the Mizuno MX-900's for only $150! I pounded the 5 iron at GS this weekend, cant wait to get them. Thinking in the future perhaps changing short irons over to MX-200 or 300's and keep the "hybrid" long irons. Supposed to be the most forgiving irons Mizzy has made. I'll put that to a test as my long iron play has gone far south. Now i'm pondering what shafts to put in them as I originally said this would be a "tinkering" set.

I was looking for Nippons on Japanese websites and saw these:
http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Taylormade-Japan-2010-R9-Forged-5-PW
Just stared at them for several minutes. Lots of cool clubs over there for alot of money. Wonder if I would have to pay some sort of import tax on those.

What in the heck?!! This is like 10 threads now where I am being ridiculed. I will get you all!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back