Driver Fitting Raleigh/Durham/Greensboro area

Butters

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 10.0
Was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get fitted for a driver in the Raleigh/Durham/Greensboro area. I can hit every club consistently except a driver.

see if there's a local golfTec around you....great place to start

I second the Golf Tec idea. I got fitted for my irons through them and I have nothing but good things to say about the experience. They have every major manufacturer there and they have multiple club head and shaft combinations that the computer will start you out with and you test each one from there to get the results that work best for you.

I contacted Golftec and got a quote for a $99 driver fitting. Does that seem right? Seems a little expensive.

I went to Golftec in Cary and Jason there was very knowledgable. I'm sure he can help you.

Do yourself a favor and go someplace with an outdoor range. Trackman a bonus. Worth every penny.

I'm heading to Tee to Green next week if we can find a slight break in the temperature so I'll give you a little review on my experience. I spoke with Rob today from Tee to Green and a driver fitting on the Trackman should only take about 30 minutes. I just want to get my D2/D3 heads dialed in with the correct setting/shaft to tighten my dispersion and optimize my launch/spin numbers.

Ok, just got Trackman'd at Tee to Green today.

I took both my 910 D2 & D3. My best numbers were with this combo:

9.5* D2 @ D1 setting(8.75* with standard lie) + 12 gram weight with the RIP 2.9 60 Stiff

SS 110
BS 161
Launch 13.8
Spin 1580
Carry 271
Total 297

Rick(fitting tech) is very knowledgeable about shafts and the fitting process. We worked roughly an hour through various combo's of shafts and weight with the 2 heads to find the best working solution. He and Rob(teaching pro) actually helped with some setup issues I had so I can say I really got my money's worth. If you're looking to get fit with Mizuno irons, this place would be exactly where I'd go as they have everything imaginable + an outdoor range + Trackman.

Cool, thanks for the update. I am thinking of getting fit there in the next few weeks.

It's only $60 btw, which I gladly paid after receiving the Trackman + the small tips here and there. Let us know how it goes.

Finally getting fitted at Teetogreen tomorrow. I am excited. Will let you know how I make out.

Look forward to seeing how it goes, good luck.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Thanks, I am going into it with a pretty open mind since I do not currently have a driver. I've never in fact gotten a true fitting, only a quick one when getting my irons. I'm actually still a bit mad at the iron fitting since Golfsmith did not put me on the Mizuno shaft optimizer they had. Probably will have to get an iron fitting next year to see what, if any, my clubs should be modified from standard length/lie.

Back