What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question breeze. I didn't hit a single fairway but my drives were in play all day. I hit 1 green and my irons were just off. Then all of a sudden around hole 9 I started playing a huge cut on my drives and was just not comfortable with anything. I wasn't even hitting the ball bad it was just one of those weird days. I just had nothing working for me.

Sounds a bunch like my round yesterday. I've always had a baby fade, but all of the sudden I was slicing the ball. Hit 5/14 fw's and 5/18 in the first 18 holes. still got up and down on 10 times with one long putt birdie, 35 feet, and a sort of flop chip that went trickled down the hill and in. Just one of those crazy days that leaves you scratching your head.

Went out for 9 holes after playing pretty poorly the previous week or so and shot a 38. I finally got back to feeling confident standing over the golf ball.

Congrats on the pb, you'll be breaking 90 soon.

Thanks man. Hardest part is gonna be playing at my level instead of trying to play keep up all day against my brother in law. I play with those guys and then try to hard. Key to playing well today is relax!

Around par or so. Played better ball match with three others. Combined handicaps in the group must've been about +7 or somesuch, so lots of good shots were seen. Me and my buddy won 2/0, holed a bunch of clutch putts on the final holes to set it up.

I shot a pretty disappointing 80 . I started with 2 doubles and missed several birdie putts by a few inches each. My ball striking was really good today though.

I shot my fourth straight score in the 70's!!!!!! 79 today playing with KellyBo, Kay, & Tate. I know it sounds funny to be excited about this to you guys who are not happy with the upper 70 type scores, but for me it's good stuff. My last four scores have been 79, 79, 77, 79 which is hawt stuff for me :bananadance::blob::drinks::golf2::guitar::clapp:... Ok you guys who are pissed with this type stuff I am through with my rant :D

I shot my fourth straight score in the 70's!!!!!! 79 today playing with KellyBo, Kay, & Tate. I know it sounds funny to be excited about this to you guys who are not happy with the upper 70 type scores, but for me it's good stuff. My last four scores have been 79, 79, 77, 79 which is hawt stuff for me :bananadance::blob::drinks::golf2::guitar::clapp:... Ok you guys who are pissed with this type stuff I am through with my rant :D

Good work OG!!

---
- ...just tap it in...

Congrats OG! Enjoy it, that is a very good accomplishment.

I shot an 81 today. We had a fun round. Kay and I against OG and his buddy. It went down to the last hole in match play and they beat us. We didn't get any strokes at all so not so bad considering we should have asked for at least 5 strokes based on handicap.

I proved to OG that I can get across the water on #9 from the white tees today. I crushed one over and was exactly even with his buddy's ball in the fairway. Nothing like a little cart path help.

Nice rounds to KB and OG. OG, I am so glad you have found a driver that you are so confident with and you are shooting such great scores with. Keep up the great work!!

Good shooting KB and Gray, WTG. I did not get to play today, was at the doctors office for a few hours, we are starting out with medication to treat the inflamation and pain. We'll see. OG are you planning to blitz tomorrow?

Nice rounds KB and OG !!

Great scoring OG & KB: you guys are BRINGING it!!

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Nice rounds to KB and OG. OG, I am so glad you have found a driver that you are so confident with and you are shooting such great scores with. Keep up the great work!!

Thanks Rhino and I do appreciate ya buddy. I am driving the ball solid and long and with control and putting really good for me, which is making golf fun now. How long will it last? Well,,,,, you know how that goes but I am hanging on for the ride!

i played the 3rd most difficult course in the northern virginia dc metro area on sat with my cousin and brothers... generals ridge
shot 49/49... broke 100 and only lost 2 balls!
its such a ridiculous course its not even funny... usually i lost a ton of balls there
blind shots everywhere... forced carries everywhere... no bail out areas... mountain target golf at its worst/best
one par 5 youre teeing off with a 120yrd club
this course gives me a distinct advantage against my long balling relatives and i beat them finally! lol

monday i played the home course after work and it was a huge mistake... exhausted from the road trip
55/52 with a brazillian lost balls
just spraying the ball everywhere
everytime i play my brothers it screws me up for a few days hahaha

today
44/43
thank goodness i kept one ball in play today even tho the score doesnt really show it
but it was so much better than yesterday... even tho i still duffed it around... just duffed it alot less

awesome. its a progression man, and each time you get to a new level you gotta be consistant to get to the next, and it looks like your doing that. i shot 80-85 every round i played for 2 years, then 76-80 most rounds for 2 years before the last couple years im closer to even par more often than not. i get mad when i shoot high 70s only because i know that i can do better, and the only way you get better is to press yourself!

Shot what felt like an awful 86 today, 44/42. I hit my driver well and putted good but was just awful with my irons. I think its time for a change. My distance is fine, Just can't aim them for crap. I'm starting to believe the one degree up is wrong for me, everything's going left. Oh well I need to get it worked out.

Wow, great stuff Gray! :)

Shot a pretty bad 80 today. The score did not reflect how I hit the ball.

Just terrible ballstriking and driving today, short game was nowhere to be found and I was just struggling all day. What a rollercoaster

42/38

1 Triple
2 Doubles
5 Bogeys
7 Pars
3 Birdies

7 Fairways
6 Greens
28 Putts

I shot a 39 with a birdie on the last hole (par 5).

4 bogeys
4 pars
1 birdie

I was just missing my approach shots.. Worst rounds have happened.. I was absolutely obliterating my new R11 fairway wood though.. Wow..

I shot the breeze with the ladies in the office.

I shot a 39 with a birdie on the last hole (par 5).

4 bogeys
4 pars
1 birdie

I was just missing my approach shots.. Worst rounds have happened.. I was absolutely obliterating my new R11 fairway wood though.. Wow..

ahh birdie on #9, thats my hole!

ahh birdie on #9, thats my hole!

haha didn't we have matching birds on it last time you were out? I almost finished birdie/birdie/birdie tonight, but had putts stop on the lip of both 7 and 8..

Oh well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back