The 60 and over Thread

Funny how OTT is so sneaky and without you looking slips back into your swing.
I really need to be vigilant and super conscious of this little bugger that may take longer than expected to really minimize it.

Death to OTT!

When I retired, I told myself I was done playing in less than decent conditions. I can play any day so why would I go out in cold or windy or wet conditions. “Because I’m not the brightest bulb in the box!” Have yet to reject when a friend hollers and says it’s not that bad out. Tuesday was drizzly and windy at tee time. When two buddies pipe up saying the weather will pass, I said what the heck and off I go.
Being as accurate as our local weather person, we decided it would stop raining around tee time. Drizzled a bit the first couple holes, then stopped. By the turn, the sun popped out. Back nine was beautiful sunny conditions. We had a great time. Decent golf and good friends. Don’t know why I can’t say no when the guys yell out. But I’m sure glad I can’t.

I really need to be vigilant and super conscious of this little bugger that may take longer than expected to really minimize it.

Death to OTT!
My path was +2-+3. No ott. If anything when I get a past 3 I get hooky.
i can go 4-6 with a stiff shaft with less torque, but I launch a bit low for my liking.

Last edited:
My path was +2-+3. No ott. If anything when I get a past 3 I get hooky.
Yeah with a driver I can get away with +3 but an iron anything over +3 with an iron means loss of lag and my hands try to compensate by flipping for loss of lag which results in a fat shot or nasty hook.

Death to OTT!
Especially if you have Back problems. Your Brain tells you to stand up to save Back.

Well, the knee verdict... After 8 wks of physical therapy for hamstring tendonitis that I got last June, I was feeling pretty good. Last Fri was a nice day and I decided to go for a walk. I'm supposed to walk, right? I got home and that evening it started hurting again. Saturday it was really bad. So I rested it up again for a few days. And here's what they didn't tell me about this injury.... It can take 12 - 18 months to fully heal. So at my age, probably closer to the 18 months. I know my PT exercise routine, so I went to the gym on Tuesday and did it. It actually felt good afterward. So about walking... Apparently I was walking a little too briskly for the tendon and overdid. I can go for walks but they should be more like a mosey. I've been cleared to use the driving range for small buckets, so I might be able to go to the course by June to play 9 holes riding in a buggy one day/wk. That might have to be my golf fix this year.

So gym routine: bike; single leg lifts; bridges; leg extensions (light to start); leg curls (15 lbs); Hip abductors; Romanian dead lifts (60 lbs).
Hang in there and get better, it just takes longer when you are older.

Especially if you have Back problems. Your Brain tells you to stand up to save Back.
I seem to have that problem also, been standing up during swing and hit top of the ball.

Up until a few years ago, the cold never really bothered me. I'd play with temperatures in the 20s if the sun was out, played when the greens were frozen, and even played in snow. Not anymore though. I'll be 69 next month and just don't have the motivation to play golf in weather that cold. The temperatures have to be in the mid 40s before I'll play, and the wind has to be down.
I'm at the point if it's not over 50 I don't play arthritis and old age don't like cold weather.

I have lots of warm clothes and rain gear to play in bad weather.
But, the toughest weather is the thaw that makes the heavy clay soil really mushy.
Played a tough round and watched a guy on the first tee wondering what happened to his swing!
I'm sure the ground was way too soft.
The heavy clay is also hard on the elbows, like hitting fat into a mat.
I have lots of stuff to do around the house, so I'm doing that now waiting for the rain to go away.

Next year I may play my high lofted fairway woods when the ground gets soaked.
I have a 7W and 11W that normally aren't in the bag.

The LPGA Tour is playing in Vegas this week at Shadow Creek. The greens fees are $1,250, so if you shoot a 65, that's a bit over $19 as shot, lol.
True, but if you score 100 like I have in past couple weeks that is ONLY $12.50 per shot :love:.

I seem to have that problem also, been standing up during swing and hit top of the ball.
I wouldn't top it, but I'd swing around my Body as I stood up during down Swing. Hello OTT

I have lots of warm clothes and rain gear to play in bad weather.
But, the toughest weather is the thaw that makes the heavy clay soil really mushy.
Played a tough round and watched a guy on the first tee wondering what happened to his swing!
I'm sure the ground was way too soft.
The heavy clay is also hard on the elbows, like hitting fat into a mat.
I have lots of stuff to do around the house, so I'm doing that now waiting for the rain to go away.

Next year I may play my high lofted fairway woods when the ground gets soaked.
I have a 7W and 11W that normally aren't in the bag.
In my younger days I loved playing in the wet, no forgiveness and you knew right away when you hit FAT. Taught me to hit down into Ball instead of Sweeping. A LOT of Laundry though...

The LPGA Tour is playing in Vegas this week at Shadow Creek. The greens fees are $1,250, so if you shoot a 65, that's a bit over $19 as shot, lol.
If I ever pay that much money for one round of gold, my lovely wife would shoot me in the face with a bazooka.

Twice, just to make sure.

If I ever pay that much money for one round of gold, my lovely wife would shoot me in the face with a bazooka.

Twice, just to make sure.
At least mine would wait til I'm asleep.

The frightening thing is, my wife wouldn't care. So I have to exercise my own self control. I wouldn't even enjoy a round at those rates.

I don't have a bad back but a big belly which doesn't let me get away with anything without turning that thing out of the way. Sometimes that belly leads to OTT.

That's why in that video the guy talked about having the trail knee reach the ball before the club head, I couldn't grab the whole move hips concept but for some reason, the knee thing resonates with me, and when executed as such leads to some nice flushed shots. I was striping them today to the amazement of my playing partners.

I hope you find a solution for your back, that must be tough.

I don't have a bad back but a big belly which doesn't let me get away with anything without turning that thing out of the way. Sometimes that belly leads to OTT.

That's why in that video the guy talked about having the trail knee reach the ball before the club head, I couldn't grab the whole move hips concept but for some reason, the knee thing resonates with me, and when executed as such leads to some nice flushed shots. I was striping them today to the amazement of my playing partners.

I hope you find a solution for your back, that must be tough.
Life goes on, and instead of nagging to Wife I can complain to my THP Buds. 😀

Is it that much at Shadow Creek? I know a $3k package at Pinehurst will get you 2 nights in the Carolina motel and 2 rounds of golf including a round on #2. I’d rather do that or play Pebble Beach if I’m spending that kind of money. I’d rather play 5e Old Course before I die than any of them.

Is it that much at Shadow Creek? I know a $3k package at Pinehurst will get you 2 nights in the Carolina motel and 2 rounds of golf including a round on #2. I’d rather do that or play Pebble Beach if I’m spending that kind of money. I’d rather play 5e Old Course before I die than any of them.
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw those greens fees as well.

Played 18 holes today at one of the nicer daily fee courses today. Cloudy skies, 20 MPH winds and brisk. This course has fast greens and I hate fast greens. Had 3 double bogies, but shot 80. This was my second round of the year. I wish I had the 4 foot putt for par on 18 again!!

ARRRRGH. Back has had me out of bed since 0300. Really thinking about retiring again so I can smoke weed. Tired of making sure I skip days at a time with Norco.(despite the Dr saying don't be afraid of taking two a day) Then I'll just spend my days at the gym/dojo pretending I'm at work. My wifes narcotics use dropped tremendously when she started taking just a couple tokes just before bed every other day or so. I wish the Feds would pull their heads out of their asses and legalize it already. I am beginning to believe the conspiracy theorists who say big pharma is making payoffs ( AKA campaign contributions) too keep it illegal on a Federal level.

ARRRRGH. Back has had me out of bed since 0300. Really thinking about retiring again so I can smoke weed. Tired of making sure I skip days at a time with Norco.(despite the Dr saying don't be afraid of taking two a day) Then I'll just spend my days at the gym/dojo pretending I'm at work. My wifes narcotics use dropped tremendously when she started taking just a couple tokes just before bed every other day or so. I wish the Feds would pull their heads out of their asses and legalize it already. I am beginning to believe the conspiracy theorists who say big pharma is making payoffs ( AKA campaign contributions) too keep it illegal on a Federal level.
Have you tried Delta 8 gummies? It’s supposed to be legal and have many benefits like pot.

Have you tried Delta 8 gummies? It’s supposed to be legal and have many benefits like pot.
We had a guy fail a drug test using THC free gummies. They test for metabolites that stay in the system longer than THC. Because you know, even if you aren't high you are somehow a danger. Meanwhile hung over jackoffs are fine.........

You know how it goes, nothing happens in Govt unless it hits Campaign Contributions or their personal lives... then it's "Oh my God we've gotta fix this".

Back