CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

All right. Moment of truth.

Here's the combo. I've got some swing mechanics to work on and I feel like I've got something.

Darkspeed X at 9.0 with heavier weight forward.

And then mind blown with LinQ Blue 6TX

View attachment 9253531
View attachment 9253533
Dropped 1k of spin from the Rouge....wow, I for sure thought that big of a drop brought the LS into the picture.

Nappy is the King of Kings

IMG_3341.jpeg

Danny had basic speed and some minor numbers.
I just went out there and right now, have it nailed. Danny is working with Nappy on the driver swing right now, but we have dropped 1000 rpms of spin and gained 2 degrees of launch. More importantly to all of that, is the ball flight and seeing it. We want absolute success and Nappy has the speed and skill set to get there. Coming out of winter, and already struggling a bit, we are going to fix that before this trip is over. He striped the last 2 and had 14.4 degrees of launch and under 3k spin.

They are going to work on a couple of more things and then wrap it and I think Nappy by the end of this golf season, will have driver as the strongest part of his game. Seriously.

All of it.
The data is very important, but so overlooked by some retail fitters is actual centering of contact. That is first and foremost in my opinion in a shaft working, rather than just working in data figures. With that, you can get the rest as much of it is swing.

We are targeting a ball flight that we know to be right for each golfer. We want to minimize the misses and make the strong even better.
So amazing what @DannyLe can do to someone’s tee ball game with a fitting. Excited as hell to hear this!!!

1000012618.jpg

Insane view from our deck of #9 🤯

All right. Moment of truth.

Here's the combo. I've got some swing mechanics to work on and I feel like I've got something.

Darkspeed X at 9.0 with heavier weight forward.

And then mind blown with LinQ Blue 6TX

View attachment 9253531
View attachment 9253533
Did UST change how they label the LINQ weight / stiffness on the shafts? Thought it was always 6F3/4/5 or 7F4/5, but see you have the 6TX.

Back