Shaft Makes and Flex

Murray

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

I need some advice. I am not finding the Miyazaki C.Kua shaft to my liking, mainly because it seems like I am right in the middle of being a Reg and Stiff flex. Is there a shaft out there which has a Reg flex but firmer than the C.Kua or a stiff that is more flexible. Hope that makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated

Morning Murray. Firstly it all depends which version of the C.Kua you have as they make 4 different ones then each of those has different variations with weight/flex/launch. Post the details off the shaft text to tie it down a little.

There are many other options for you but have you used other shafts prior to having the C.Kua?

What sort of flight do you have/want?

Any idea of your SS with driver?

I can give more advice if you have a little more info.

Richard

Morning Murray. Firstly it all depends which version of the C.Kua you have as they make 4 different ones then each of those has different variations with weight/flex/launch. Post the details off the shaft text to tie it down a little.

There are many other options for you but have you used other shafts prior to having the C.Kua?

What sort of flight do you have/want?

Any idea of your SS with driver?

I can give more advice if you have a little more info.

Richard

Morning! :)

It is the 43g that is the stock shaft in the Cleveland SL290 Driver. My swing speed with that club and a reg flex was 100.9, with a Machspeed black with an stiff RIP shaft it was about 99.5.

Thanks for helping, this is becoming frustrating! Ha. I've gone up the range 4 days in a row now and getting nowhere really

What is your ball flight like with it? and what do you notice during the swing that is bugging you?

I played the 270, 290, and now the 310 while trying to figure out which one was the best fit...If I remember right I had a problem with the 290 feeling really weird.

Murray, you have the flexcode somewhere on your shaft. It should be 4 numbers. JB knows a lot about Miyazaki flexcode and there´s lots of other people here that does as well.

Ball flight is good with it. I am finding that there is ALWAYS an arc in the shot, whereas all my others clubs are generally straight. Now and again it will have a bigger arc to the right but that's probably me. Just don't feel 100% confident with it. I think I like the head, it's just the shaft. I am now looking at the Callaway Octane (normal) and Nike Machspeed with an RIP 60g shaft - both stiff. But from reading a little about the stock shafts it seems they might be a bit stiffer than generally. Problem I have is that I can't try every club with every shaft at the range, so have to go on numbers and reviews etc

Go back to your fitter and ask to try a slightly stiffer version of your c.kua shaft. I think that would be a good start.

Murray, you have the flexcode somewhere on your shaft. It should be 4 numbers. JB knows a lot about Miyazaki flexcode and there´s lots of other people here that does as well.

sorry, I meant the 43 model, not that it is 43gs :)

Go back to your fitter and ask to try a slightly stiffer version of your c.kua shaft. I think that would be a good start.

Did that on Sunday and they only had the 9 degree loft in a stiff. I didn't like it (may have been the loft though) and the guy said I am probably inbetween the flex's

OK.

Without going for a fitting to get the desired results, which is always the best option, I would say that with a SS of 100mph you are most likely looking at S Flex rather than Reg.

If you like the feel of the C.Kua see if they have one in S that you can try. I am guessing that you get a HIGH launch with Reg and 10.5 deg driver so if they don't have a S Flex to try have a look at one of these:

Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 S Flex - High launching but heavier shaft
Aldila NVS (orange) 65 S Flex - Mid Launch
Aldila RIP Beta 60 R Flex - Mid Launch

Do not go out and part with cash for any of these until you have tried them. Ideally you need to part with £50 and get a fitting done as that will ultimately be your long term cheapest option.

I am back in work on Friday (few days off to take kids out) if you want to give me a call. www.stourport-photo-centre.co.uk

Richard

Weird question but how high do you tee the ball up?

If you continue to look at clubs try the TL310 the smaller head is what did it for me but it also has a heavier shaft...really helped me stay in control of things and shape my shots. Being in Arizona with firm ground and strong winds at times being able to hit a drive that stays low but doesnt lose distance was really important to me.

OK.

Without going for a fitting to get the desired results, which is always the best option, I would say that with a SS of 100mph you are most likely looking at S Flex rather than Reg.

If you like the feel of the C.Kua see if they have one in S that you can try. I am guessing that you get a HIGH launch with Reg and 10.5 deg driver so if they don't have a S Flex to try have a look at one of these:

Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 S Flex - High launching but heavier shaft
Aldila NVS (orange) 65 S Flex - Mid Launch
Aldila RIP Beta 60 R Flex - Mid Launch

Do not go out and part with cash for any of these until you have tried them. Ideally you need to part with £50 and get a fitting done as that will ultimately be your long term cheapest option.

I am back in work on Friday (few days off to take kids out) if you want to give me a call. www.stourport-photo-centre.co.uk

Richard

Thanks for the help.

I had a fitting on Friday but it seems to have confused things further!

Weird question but how high do you tee the ball up?

If you continue to look at clubs try the TL310 the smaller head is what did it for me but it also has a heavier shaft...really helped me stay in control of things and shape my shots. Being in Arizona with firm ground and strong winds at times being able to hit a drive that stays low but doesnt lose distance was really important to me.

Half the ball over the driver

Post a question with a summary of your experience in fitting to GolfTec here on the forum. They are superknowledgeable and can surely sort you out. And the rest of us will stay away from that thread until GolfTec has had a chance to answer.

I´m sure you´ll benefit from a professional second opinion.

Post a question with a summary of your experience in fitting to GolfTec here on the forum. They are superknowledgeable and can surely sort you out. And the rest of us will stay away from that thread until GolfTec has had a chance to answer.

I´m sure you´ll benefit from a professional second opinion.

What has made things worse is that I wasn't hitting it that well during the fitting and have since had a lesson. I might go in for another fitting and hit EVERYTHING! ha

Back