CONTEST Live Update Thread - The 2024 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

Thanks everyone for following along! That was an absolute blast and would have been fun no matter what but it certainly helped I brought my A game 😊

The Ai Smoke Driver is an actual cheat code and luckily putting was above average for me these past few days!
Great job the last couple days my man!

Favorite aspect of course?
It looks better than it photographs.
Pretty sure @Joshnoble01 and I talked about this at length when we were there. It comes off as a pretty nice course in pics or follow alongs on here. Then you set foot on property and it’s so much better.

Pretty sure @Joshnoble01 and I talked about this at length when we were there. It comes off as a pretty nice course in pics or follow alongs on here. Then you set foot on property and it’s so much better.
Absolutely. Photos don't do it justice. Especially the back 9.

1 played harder than it should. Not because it’s that difficult really. The first morning I cannoned a drive that went way over the hill and through the fairway that we couldn’t find.
EDITORS NOTE: @hedley_lamarr08 has distance most of us would kill for. #1 is tough.

Candid shot of how works gets done IMG_5158.jpeg

Memorable shot?
I hit a hybrid on 13 from 220 to 6 ft.

It looks better than it photographs.
When they posted that shot it seemed like a beaut. Well done! And that says a lot about the course because it looked phenomenal in every picture. What a stage

I guess I can ask the rest of the gentlemen too:

@JasonFinleyCG @JB @JDax @hedley_lamarr08

@MBrennanCG @PiratePenguin @dmehrl23 @Bunker Snot

Favorite hole?

Least favorite hole?

Memorable shot?

Favorite hole - Water Hole #6, cool hole and the Longhorns at the end

Least Favorite - #1, I wasn't hitting driver very well and it cost me at the start :)

Memorable shot - Day 1 Shamble with @MBrennanCG, the short par 4 4th, stuck the approach to 3-4 feet and made my only birdie

Favorite aspect of the course - The grass is perfect, the views are great and there is a bounce (turf interaction) that felt really good

Safe travels everyone!!!

@JDax thank you and awesome job on the Q&A that was a fun aspect to the experience!

The golf was great and so was the food but Wednesday night conversations at dinner and by the fireplace will always stand out to me.

The golf was great and so was the food but Wednesday night conversations at dinner and by the fireplace will always stand out to me.
dinner and fire side chats ftw.

Love these post event questions.

What was the best thing you ate all week?

What was the pro shop item you wanted but didn’t buy?

What was the best drink you had at Briggs? 🥃🍸🍹🍷🍻

Love these post event questions.

What was the best thing you ate all week?
Those quail legs with the hot honey were insane. And the brisket first night. All food was top tier. As was the service. Better than some fancy restaurants I’ve been to in various places. 👏🏻

What was the pro shop item you wanted but didn’t buy?
I liked the driver head covers but I’ll use the barrel cover with the Goat Cup embroidered on it

What was the best drink you had at Briggs? 🥃🍸🍹🍷🍻
Post-shamble transfusion brought out on a tray was much appreciated. Nice Argentinian Malbec with dinner last night.

Back