THP Scottish Outing?

waz84

Reaction score
Handicap
Out of interest do you guys ever have a THP Scottish Outing for those of us who are form the home of golf :p?

Maybe we should try and get together a Euro-outing?

The UK get together needs resurrecting

THP only does 1 official outing per year and that is in the state of FL due to where we are located and the logistics of our outings. We encourage people and members to plan get togethers with other forum members at locations that are close to them as well.

I should clarify, I meant Euro-get together. I know THE outing is in FL once a year.

Lets get a list of people together, I say a lot of people up in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Anyone who is from that area fancy posting here so we can get a Scotland get together.

Dont forget to take pictures if this gets going.... Hope it works out.

Lets get a list of people together, I say a lot of people up in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Anyone who is from that area fancy posting here so we can get a Scotland get together.

i am from Glasgow and would love to get a day arranged

How about Cardiff lol? Seriously Edinburgh would be easier for me.

I'd be up for this. Perhaps somewhere North England though so it's easy for the whole of UK? I guess it doesn't make a difference, though.

i'm game for this if its somewhere that i could fly to from cork

I'd be up for this. Perhaps somewhere North England though so it's easy for the whole of UK? I guess it doesn't make a difference, though.

That's what I think too, there are plenty of courses in the North West that are very good

I'd vote for St Andrews, Turnberry, and Prestwick

Ambitious, I like it! :D

I'd be up for this, depending on timing. Could we maybe vote on a shortlist of most-suitable destinations or something? That would at least get a springboard for organising this I guess.

I'd like to be ambitious for a Scottish Gathering!

PGA Centenary prior to Ryder Cup
Gleneagles:£320 Offer April - October 2011 With three of the finest championship golf courses in Scotland, we want to offer you the chance to purchase a tee time for just £320 for up to four golfers - a saving of up to £300.
This special rate is available from 2pm onwards, Sunday to Thursday inclusive, from 1 April 2011 to 31 October 2011, subject to availability.

Dalmahoy Edinburgh
East Course (Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club)
from £50.00

UK > Hunting (De Vere Slaley Hall) Northumberland
"The Hunting is a truly great golf course and it's no surprise that it holds European Tour events on an annual basis - it was also England's entry to stage the 2010 Ryder Cup and was host to the PGA Senior’s Championship in August 2008."
Deals to be had from £22.00

Hmmm, count me in

played Brampton a while back. should hopefully be accessible for everyone as well.

Good to see a few scots here :) I say we short list some courses as mentioned by another member and decide on something. I usually only play at my local course at Braids Hills in Edinburgh so not had much experience outside there as I new to golf. If any locals would like a game at Dalmahoy prior to any scottish outing let me know, I have a free ticket for myself to the course I fancy redeeming soon!

Depending on where, when and in typically Scottish fashion how much I would be interested.

seems that there is a consensus, just takes someone to set it up...but given the weather it does dampen the motivation...

In the interests of starting small and moving things along for a Scottish gathering, 3 examples of local deals;
Ballumbie in Dundee, £15 per person after 14:00 on a Sunday
Piperdam just outside Dundee, 4ball on a Sunday between 09:00 - 17:00, with two buggies for £100 (£25 per person)
Drumoig in Fife, near Leuchars, 4ball at the weekend, £99 (£25 pp)

What are the options in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Centrally?

well, troon has 3 nice municipals, lochgreen, darley and fullarton. all decent prices and ok food.
there is the carrick on loch lomond, but talking at least £50 a head if we get a £199 4 ball deal.
or haggs castle is meant to be very nice but i havent played there.

What is Dalmahoy like guys? Never played on it.

seafield in Ayr is also pretty decent, Lohgreen is good as well.

Back