Boccieri FW Wood Forum Testing Signup

I haven't been picked as a tester before but I think it would be awesome, but at the same time there is a big responsibility with the selection.After all, your opinion could make a difference in the actual sales of a product.This is one thing that sets THP apart from other forums.Manufacturers use us, maybe indirectly, as R and D and in their marketing.That's how I learned of THP,I was checking out some clubs online and kept seeing threads from this site.

What a great oppurtunity, I've heard so many good things about boccieri I actually went to Golf Galaxy today to demo some Boccieri clubs but they didnt have any there :bulgy-eyes::angry: So hears my entry

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play?-I have an Adams Tight Lies GT 3 wood that I hit pretty well
2. What is your driver swing speed?Honestly I really don't know, my instructor had me swing this swing speed stick that was sorta like a baseball bat and that was around 100 but for an actual club i dont know.
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? Accuracy and consistencey, When i pull out a fairway wood I want to be able to trust it, especially because I use them for tight fairways were I don't always trust my driver. 220 and straight is always better that 250 in the rough IMO
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? I like hitting my 3 wood of the deck. Once and awhile i can slice it off the deck when that dosen't happen of the tee. Overall I would say I hit it well, I'm not one of those people who refuse to hit a wood of anything but a tee.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I golf about 2-3 times a week with usually a couple range sessions thrown in there. I go on THP everytime I'm on my computer and would update the testing process everytime (unless i was to rushed to get a quality review in) I would do my best to answer peoples questions about this FW wood and give my honest opion. I believe my higher handicap could be good for testing this club because it would be pushing its forgiveness for the less consistent ball strikers.

Thanks JB and THP for this wonderful opportunity!!

Too bad it seems there isn't a ton of sign ups going on. I prefer to give folks the benefit of the doubt so perhaps a lot of folks are busy or something. So many of the guys in the Boccieri Driver thead have seen some incredible results, so it's surprising that more aren't jumping at the opportunity to test a FW wood. I'd sign up, but I can't. I'm assuming after the testers are announced the "Future Testing at THP" thread gets bumped with someone complaining.

TC, I'll tell ya what. I too prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, but we see this time and time again. I've only been around for a few months, but it's evident. I think if people were here to test for the general public, they'd be signing up for every testing as I do. I love when I post something in the Burner thread, and people reply to it, or thank me for my answers. And every time I post on TaylorMade's Facebook, I get a lot of comments from people on there. Sadly, there are some who want free clubs from major OEMs, and only sign up for those. And we all know it's true. But back on topic.

Personally, I prefer a heavier club, and the move to lighter products isn't my favorite thing. The great reviews I've read all throughout the driver thread have made me want to try these. This opportunity is just as amazing as testing some irons, or an R11 driver. To be honest, I'm more excited about this than I was the Burner 2.0s, and I've been dreaming of those irons since they were released. I'm fairly certain if this hits as well as the driver does, it'll be one of the more exciting threads to follow. Can't wait to get this testing started!

I'm fairly certain if this hits as well as the driver does, it'll be one of the more exciting threads to follow. Can't wait to get this testing started!
Agreed, since FW's in general seem to be so personal (look at me, I'm still sporting 5 year old technology), it will be interesting to see what sort of buzz this thing stirs. Also, since so many find it so difficult to hit a FW off the deck, I'll be curious to see what kind difference the Boccieri innovations can make.

Too bad it seems there isn't a ton of sign ups going on. I prefer to give folks the benefit of the doubt so perhaps a lot of folks are busy or something. So many of the guys in the Boccieri Driver thead have seen some incredible results, so it's surprising that more aren't jumping at the opportunity to test a FW wood. I'd sign up, but I can't. I'm assuming after the testers are announced the "Future Testing at THP" thread gets bumped with someone complaining.

I've heard nothing but great things about these clubs! I haven't had a chance to read the entire driver review yet but from what I've read it makes me want to at least give these clubs a chance.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Some people unfortunately missing out on a great product. It's their lose.

Some people unfortunately missing out on a great product. It's their lose.

Not really, the loss is really to the rest of the members, everyone who views the website, and the company providing the items to test (Boccieri in this case). Fewer signups means fewer people to choose from, and means that finding the right group of testers may not be as easy, or the company may have to "settle" for people who don't quite fit what they're looking for. While I'm sure there are good applicants in this, it is nothing like some of the other testing. IMO seeing it as a persons loss for not getting a great product follows the lines of only being here for free equipment. I do agree that the smaller amount of applicants does say something about what some members are here for.

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play?
Titleist 909F 3W, 15*, Stiff Aldilla Voodoo shaft.

2. What is your driver swing speed?
100-105, I have gotten different results with different products/launch monitors.

3. What do you look for in fairway woods?
a) Easy to hit; off of the deck and the tee.
b) Forgiving.
c) Consistent distance and shot shape.
d) Good looks; both at address and in the bag.

4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass?
I'd say decent. With the FW wood I have now I have gotten pretty comfortable with hitting it off the short stuff, but it took me a little while to get to this point of conformability (and confidence). Only downfall is that I don't have a consistent shot shape with my current club (which is why I answered "decent"). I hit baby fades, straight, slight draws, or an occasional hook.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

I am a college student, and work at a golf course during the summer, so I play golf about 4-5+ times a week and practice literally every day. I would start this club on the range just to get used to it. Once I've got a feel for it, I would take it to the course and try playing with no driver (to hit this club as many times as possible). Also, if playing alone, I would drop balls at a given distance and test this off the deck. Once I get to know the club a little better, I would test this club against other top manufacturers of FW woods. I have access to demo clubs from brands such as Taylormade, Titleist, Callaway, Nike, and Tour Exotics. I don't return to college until the end of September, but when I do, I will be cut down to playing about twice a week.

As far as activity level goes, I am pretty active on THP and view it almost every chance I get. (There was a 5 day stretch where I was away from posting (but still reading the forum) because family was in town from Hawaii. I should have let someone know, sorry). I am testing the Nike VR PCs and have loved the experience. Other than the five days mentioned above, I feel I have been all over that thread to provide reviews and answers to any questions people have. I enjoy shooting videos and pictures and can do so as per request.

Lets just get this back on topic shall we? I'm really excited for everyone that gets to test this FW. The driver reviews have been incredible and the irons are a huge hit as well with anyone that hit them at the demo day. I'm really interested in reviews of this FW good luck to all you lucky righties! Thank you again to THP and Boccieri for giving THP'ers this opportunity!

Agreed Coolbreeze! We are just on the same page today. Fantastic driver and hybrid imo and I would love to see what more people thought of this one. I didn't get a chance to hit it at demo day and would love to see if it has the same effect as the driver and hybrid. Boccieri makes a great product and I can't wait for this one.

Lets just get this back on topic shall we? I'm really excited for everyone that gets to test this FW. The driver reviews have been incredible and the irons are a huge hit as well with anyone that hit them at the demo day. I'm really interested in reviews of this FW good luck to all you lucky righties! Thank you again to THP and Boccieri for giving THP'ers this opportunity!

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? Cobra LD Speed stiff shaft
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? ease to pick up the ball, launch angle and forgiveness
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? very consistent. Probably my favorite club in my bag. Small left to right fade and rolls for days
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? With my new work schedule it allows me to get out on the course almost daily if I want and then you always have the weekends as well. I'm an avid and active contributor to THP visiting and posting daily. I love to find a forgiving 3wood and test it against a couple hybrids and my current 3 wood and hope fully find a place in my bag.

GL to all those that entered!

28 hours between posts. Ridiculous!

28 hours between posts. Ridiculous!

Tell me about it. Should be more potential testers than this!

For the record, I will not be entering this one due to football taking up the majority of my time at the moment.

i sign up for EVERYTHING! i dont care what it is, i just wanna give honest feedback if im chosen to test, as simple as that

I agree 1000%

I love testing new equipment! Make...model...color...I don't care.
I want to try it, and write about it.

I'm going to put my name in anyway to show Boccieri and THP my support and thanks for such a great opportunity

1. What fairway wood do you currently play? Some Tiger Shark 3w I got in a starter kit.
2. What is your driver swing speed? Around 112
3. What do you look for in a fairway wood? How easy it is two hit. Ability to control ball.
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? Pretty well. There are a couple that get away every once and a while but overall pretty solid.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity? I would use the wood in various situations that would require the wood to perform at a high level. I'm reletivley new to THP but I feel as though I contribute often and I am looking forward to contributing much much more.

As with all equipment I'm sure this is long term testing, I stress testing. It doesnt have to be your new FW or replace your current. Those picked will get to test and give accounts of that testing. You don't want to test, then don't but this is a great opportunity as many of us already know.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Just about missed this one. My swing is unfortunately a bit all over the place right now, but I'll put my name in anyways.

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? Cleveland Launcher FL Ultralite 3-17* and 7-22*
2. What is your driver swing speed? ~95-98mph
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? Ease of use, distance, versatility
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? It's been kind of hit and miss in the past. Unfortunately right now only about 30-40% are good shots from the fairway. I'm fighting a really bad over the top swing.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Much like my previous testing, I'd be putting it head to head vs my current FW and compare stats. Range time (mats) at least once a week with a round at least once a week as well. Work has been keeping me pretty busy lately, so I haven't been on as much as I usually am. Usually I'm online at least for a couple hours.

Thanks to Boccieri and THP for this great testing opportunity!

We take strong notes.
:comp:

I'm a 3wood ho! I would've signed up in a minute if I could have. I've been reading the Boccieri Driver thread and from what I'm reading, I'd be seriously intrigued by this club.

i'm interested in reading the reviews on this one. I'm currently testing the Heavy Driver and the lack of initial success forced me to re-evaluate my swing in general. These things really do wonders for knowing when you're on plane.

I am excited to see the reviews on this club too. After the Cleveland radio show this gives us golfers the other side of the table. I can't wait to see what peoples results are with a heavier 3w.

If these are anything at all like the driver, from those reviews I'd think these would make a huge difference in someones bag. Mine I hope!

I'm not gonna lie, I get more excited about the testing of "lesser known" clubs like these, Nicklaus, etc because they are such eye openers to people. Boccier is flat out on to something with their system and someone (not gonna lie, I'm hoping) is going to be in for kick ass review ride IMO. Can't wait to read the reviews when they roll in.

Come on guys! There´s still time to sign up for this one - It´ll be a blast!!! Look into the Boccieri Driver testing thread.

Back